W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best time racing in the sky (5100DA). What's next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
New best time racing in the sky (5100DA). What's next?

Got my new best run in 11.746 @ 119 with a DA of 5169. Pretty happy with that, butttt want some more, as usual.

Mods:
72mm FSP & BWK
82mm TB
Chinese LTH
Wavetrac LSD
TCU
Meth and cooling stuff (IAT <100 all times)
Slicks

Whats up next? I notice a little bit of powder building up by the super charger pulley. To be expected with such a small pulley but I would like to get rid of belt slip. I can try to come up with a custom tensioner as done by the old timers but I was also thinking about having my pulley machined by z-industried (ZPE griptec micro) but I have not been able to get a hold of them by e-mail or phone which is never a good sign from some one you want to send some of your parts to and hope you get them back. Any one on here ever dealt with them? Lots of reviews from people that have bought their pulleys on other platforms, but everything I find for the M113k i just initial chatter about "getting it done" that is never updated (as usual).

I'm following the block off plate discussions. I love the idea of fixing a boost leak.

Other than those I guess the next real option is just going stacked pulleys. I wish crank pulleys weren't so expensive.

Any other ideas? Next goal for now will be 11.5 so I have to wear my fire jacket like a bad ***.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:23 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Hey brother i can tell you from recent experience that going the crankshaft way was the best decision i have made period it made a huge difference for me and i should have only seen a .5psi increase instead i saw a 2.5 consistent psi increase woot woot. And i will be adding my 180mm ring and changing the stock upper 90mm to an 80mm which should net me another 2.5psi more as soon as i get my new modded intercooler that will match my new trunk tank tht will be here tomorrow. I think i was gettin some belt slip with the 76mm upper even with the green hd gates belt, bwk, and such cus ita amazing the difference i see now.

I have a few other things in the works tht should make my car amazing but its hush hush at the moment. I have to race at high alt too i live in ut 4500 but da is usually low 6000