Sponsored by:

Transmission SONNAX and TransGo parts fitted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 06:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Transmission SONNAX and TransGo parts fitted

Had occasional rough up and down gear changes, bad thump sometimes.

Fitted the 722.6 SONNAX sleeves + SONNAX TCC Damper and also all the TransGo kit parts, apart from the Pressure relief valve which is too small for the lager V8 valve body.

Gears changes have been transformed, no issues, well worth it. Smooth as silk when driving normally ...........amazing engagement on harder throttle
Old 06-02-2019, 10:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I did 722.6 sonnax overlap kit and a conductor plate and my shifting improved dramatically. no more delays in shifts. harsh shifts went away as well. sleeves looked worn.. Definitely worth the 35$.

now i wish i realized there was a TCC damper kit. I would have done it as well. What sort of issues it fixes?
Old 06-03-2019, 05:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Originally Posted by redc36
I did 722.6 sonnax overlap kit and a conductor plate and my shifting improved dramatically. no more delays in shifts. harsh shifts went away as well. sleeves looked worn.. Definitely worth the 35$.

now i wish i realized there was a TCC damper kit. I would have done it as well. What sort of issues it fixes?
There are quite a few additional parts if you install both brands at the same time...........The TransGo kit also includes an updated/uprated Lube Regulator valve for more consistent TC control, .........All I can say is the engagement is much more positive.

had a TCU software upgrade done which cost a lot more and hardly noticed any difference. I removed the TCU and upgraded these valve body parts and the difference is black and white.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Rov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 e200 kompressor
Hello,
I am thinking of going the Sonnax +Transgo also but I am concerned about the shift harshness.
I tried to modify the pressure regulating valves and something went wrong ang got full pressure, almost broke the trans when shifting from P to D and the shifts no matter how gently I drove smacked my had against the headrest.

Could you please tell me if after the install the shifts are normal in an OE kinda way or are they bumpy or harsh, also for downshifting. I want to retain the seamless shifts that I like but maybe make them a bit shorter and firmer.

Does it jolt the car when you place it in drive?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2020, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 e200k
Originally Posted by Rov
Hello,
I am thinking of going the Sonnax +Transgo also but I am concerned about the shift harshness.
I tried to modify the pressure regulating valves and something went wrong ang got full pressure, almost broke the trans when shifting from P to D and the shifts no matter how gently I drove smacked my had against the headrest.

Could you please tell me if after the install the shifts are normal in an OE kinda way or are they bumpy or harsh, also for downshifting. I want to retain the seamless shifts that I like but maybe make them a bit shorter and firmer.

Does it jolt the car when you place it in drive?

Thanks
Hi Rov,

What's your symptom on your vehicle?
Old 06-22-2020, 12:53 AM

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts
N/A
What issues were you having and why did you do this? My car is bone stock, just had a new conductor plate replaced just because, and I had the transmission flushed, filter etc. Shifts fine.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:52 AM
Rov

W211 e200 kompressor
Originally Posted by Fountain35
What issues were you having and why did you do this? My car is bone stock, just had a new conductor plate replaced just because, and I had the transmission flushed, filter etc. Shifts fine.
My car is a 2007 model e200kompressor.
I bought it used from a private seller in Germany two years ago with the odo reading 130tkm and right now it is at 167tkm.
The gearbox shifts well when cold and fairly hot but when I sit in city traffic and the gearbox and engine gets very hot(90-100 Celsius) it starts behaving like it is slipping in 1st and second.
If I press the accel 15% constant from a stop light it starts to move and when the revs hit 1800 rpm I can feel something that is like letting go of the clutch and the revs drop to 1600 or so, after that there is another slight drop in rpm and all is well from there on.
Also, when very hot it has a slight flare from 2-3.
Downshifts are smooth, so are upshifts.
When hot it feels like there is a 2 stage tc apply it ia not smooth, execept for moderate accel or after I drive it like it's stolen.
If I apply 30% pedal it engages first almost perfectly but then I am moving too fast and have to brake so that I can stay with the traffic.
Another interesting thing is that if I accel like normal and for a brief moment I release the pedal, the revs drop, and after that I can accelerate without the Tc slipping.
Things I have tried
-replaced the tcc solenoid (same but a little better)
-replaced the plate (same)
-changed the fluid to 236.10 and back to 236.14(same, 236.14 is better for me)
-tried to modify the pressure valves( very harsh engagement of reverse and drive, also upshift and downshifts but no more slipping at all)

I am thinking that maybe the fluid gets thinner thus it is loosing pressure due to bore wear inside the valve body.
I was thinking of doing the Transgo and sonnax overlap +tc damper so that maybe it ill up the pressure and keep the bores sealed and maybe get my gearbox to pull from standstill smoothly.

My only concern was that after the Transgo my shifts will be harsh, I like them oe or a bit firmer but I don't want something that bangs my head aginst the headrest or spills my coffee.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:43 AM

2007 e200k
Originally Posted by Rov
My car is a 2007 model e200kompressor.
I bought it used from a private seller in Germany two years ago with the odo reading 130tkm and right now it is at 167tkm.
The gearbox shifts well when cold and fairly hot but when I sit in city traffic and the gearbox and engine gets very hot(90-100 Celsius) it starts behaving like it is slipping in 1st and second.
If I press the accel 15% constant from a stop light it starts to move and when the revs hit 1800 rpm I can feel something that is like letting go of the clutch and the revs drop to 1600 or so, after that there is another slight drop in rpm and all is well from there on.
Also, when very hot it has a slight flare from 2-3.
Downshifts are smooth, so are upshifts.
When hot it feels like there is a 2 stage tc apply it ia not smooth, execept for moderate accel or after I drive it like it's stolen.
If I apply 30% pedal it engages first almost perfectly but then I am moving too fast and have to brake so that I can stay with the traffic.
Another interesting thing is that if I accel like normal and for a brief moment I release the pedal, the revs drop, and after that I can accelerate without the Tc slipping.
Things I have tried
-replaced the tcc solenoid (same but a little better)
-replaced the plate (same)
-changed the fluid to 236.10 and back to 236.14(same, 236.14 is better for me)
-tried to modify the pressure valves( very harsh engagement of reverse and drive, also upshift and downshifts but no more slipping at all)

I am thinking that maybe the fluid gets thinner thus it is loosing pressure due to bore wear inside the valve body.
I was thinking of doing the Transgo and sonnax overlap +tc damper so that maybe it ill up the pressure and keep the bores sealed and maybe get my gearbox to pull from standstill smoothly.

My only concern was that after the Transgo my shifts will be harsh, I like them oe or a bit firmer but I don't want something that bangs my head aginst the headrest or spills my coffee.
I have the similar issue on my 2007 E200K, too.
1. When I press the gas gently, the RPM goes to 1800 and suddenly drop to 1600 and climb up again to 2nd gear.
Also same does in 2nd gear, but the RPM drop from 2300 to 2200. I can feel a push(or like a jerk) when the RPM drop down.
2. When I slow down, sometimes I can feel the car rear and front shake.

I have tried to replace transgo kit and SONNAX 68942-05K overlap kit, the gear box became much better and the symptom 2 is already gone.
SONNAX 68942-05K will not make shifts be harsh.
If you want to let shifts be harsh or faster, you should replace the brown head solenoid to blue head solenoid. But I will not do that, I prefer comfortable.

And than I tried to replace TCC solenoid, the symptom 1 became much slight. But I know it is still there.

Now I think the only way is to try to replace conductor plate and SONNAX 68942-23K Danper Valve Kit. Any idea?
Old 06-22-2020, 02:52 AM
Rov

W211 e200 kompressor
So you are saying that the Transgo kit and overlap valves from Sonnax are ok and the box did not become harsh. Thanks.

Do you remember the part number for the tc solenoid? I tried the one that ends in 700, the original one ended in 435.
I thing the original is slightly faster to respond than the 700, the box is also smoother with the original one.

Maybe someone also installed the damper and xan tell us if it cured the 1st gear engagement.
I can tell you for sure it has something to do with pressures inside the box, when I modified the pressure solenoids, the box was very harsh but the 1st gear engagement was flawless, maybe there isn't enough pressure to clamp on the clutch or maybe the tc damper is to blame and needs the sonnax upgrade.
Seems that this is a very common issue around the world, make me think there is a design flaw in this valve bodies or TCuU software.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:13 AM

2007 e200k
Yes, after SONNAX 68942-05K and transgo kit the box didn't become harsh, it is still smooth.

My original one is 0435, so I purchase the same part number 0435 to replace.
I measure the old one, the resistance around 2.5~3.1 ohm. The normal should be 2.5.

I agree with you, there are something wrong pressure in the box.
But I don't think it's a TCU software issue, because the symptom has been much slight every time I replace a upgrade kit into transmission.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:14 AM
Rov

W211 e200 kompressor
Originally Posted by laiayo
Yes, after SONNAX 68942-05K and transgo kit the box didn't become harsh, it is still smooth.

My original one is 0435, so I purchase the same part number 0435 to replace.
I measure the old one, the resistance around 2.5~3.1 ohm. The normal should be 2.5.

I agree with you, there are something wrong pressure in the box.
But I don't think it's a TCU software issue, because the symptom has been much slight every time I replace a upgrade kit into transmission.
After you replaced it with the same part number, was there any imrpovement? Or was it almost the same.?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:39 AM

2007 e200k
The jerk in 1st and 2nd gear has been infrequency and much slight. But sometimes still jerk, I can feel it still there.
The problem has not yet complete solved. But muuuuch better than before.
Old 04-23-2022, 05:34 PM

W211 - 2009 - e200 kompressor
Originally Posted by laiayo
The jerk in 1st and 2nd gear has been infrequency and much slight. But sometimes still jerk, I can feel it still there.
The problem has not yet complete solved. But muuuuch better than before.
How is everything going after 2 years ??

I have W211 e200 kompressor and the shifts is not smooth, The worse shift is 2-3 (flare)

The transmission feels like it slips a little bit before changing to higher gear.

The first shift (1-2) in the morning when the car is cold is very harsh, the RPM drops immediately from 2000 to 1500 RPM and it feels like someone hit the car from behind.

I am now planning to buy Sonnax kit, but wondering if it will make any problem to the transmission in feather
Old 04-23-2022, 08:25 PM

2007 e200k
Originally Posted by GeoYan
How is everything going after 2 years ??

I have W211 e200 kompressor and the shifts is not smooth, The worse shift is 2-3 (flare)

The transmission feels like it slips a little bit before changing to higher gear.

The first shift (1-2) in the morning when the car is cold is very harsh, the RPM drops immediately from 2000 to 1500 RPM and it feels like someone hit the car from behind.

I am now planning to buy Sonnax kit, but wondering if it will make any problem to the transmission in feather
What the MY for your E200?
After all, I have rebuild the transmission. The jerk still there, sometimes it happens a jerk.
I decide to drive with this jerk until the transmission broken and replace another transmission.
I think maybe this is a software issue, did you tried to update the TCM software?
The following users liked this post:
GeoYan (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 04:02 AM

W211 - 2009 - e200 kompressor
My car is 2009 and has only 130k Kms on it.
I bought the car when it had 110k Kms and there was a very harsh TC engagement.
Example: When I accelerate gently the RPM will raise up to 1800 and then it will drope immediately to 1400 (the car jerk and feels like something it broken) and then it will raise up again to 2000 RPM and shift to second gear. (it happen in all mode: S/C/M)

So I bought a used transmission with only 7200 kms !!
But I decided to replace only the valve body unit.(Valve body + Conductor plate + solenoid), instead of replacing the whole transmission.

After replacing the valve body (changing oil + filter + pilot pushing) the transmission feels like new, and the shifts were very smooth.

After two months the car started to jerk again a little bit when TC applied but this time the RPM dropped when accelerating from 1800 to 1600, so it was much less noticeable than before.
After a lots of research i ended up using Xentry / DAS to:
1- Reset all adaptation
2- Perform adaptation :

The problem became less noticeable but not completely disappeared

But again after 2-3 mouths the car start to jerk ONLY in the first 1-2 shift in the morning when car it stone cold and the 1-2 / 2-3 / 3-4 shift became harsh with flare (it feels like you drive a manual car)
So now I don't know what to do. I tried to keep everything original OEM without using anything like Sonnax parts. But it seems like this transmission didn't like to shift without problem.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:48 PM

2007 e200k
Originally Posted by GeoYan
My car is 2009 and has only 130k Kms on it.
I bought the car when it had 110k Kms and there was a very harsh TC engagement.
Example: When I accelerate gently the RPM will raise up to 1800 and then it will drope immediately to 1400 (the car jerk and feels like something it broken) and then it will raise up again to 2000 RPM and shift to second gear. (it happen in all mode: S/C/M)

So I bought a used transmission with only 7200 kms !!
But I decided to replace only the valve body unit.(Valve body + Conductor plate + solenoid), instead of replacing the whole transmission.

After replacing the valve body (changing oil + filter + pilot pushing) the transmission feels like new, and the shifts were very smooth.

After two months the car started to jerk again a little bit when TC applied but this time the RPM dropped when accelerating from 1800 to 1600, so it was much less noticeable than before.
After a lots of research i ended up using Xentry / DAS to:
1- Reset all adaptation
2- Perform adaptation : https://youtu.be/7oOjeN_1s8Q
The problem became less noticeable but not completely disappeared

But again after 2-3 mouths the car start to jerk ONLY in the first 1-2 shift in the morning when car it stone cold and the 1-2 / 2-3 / 3-4 shift became harsh with flare (it feels like you drive a manual car)
So now I don't know what to do. I tried to keep everything original OEM without using anything like Sonnax parts. But it seems like this transmission didn't like to shift without problem.
The symptoms are similar on my car. Maybe you should replace whole transmission on.
firstly, I change the sonnax kit and new electric plate on, but nothing better.
And then, I rebuild the transmission (also new solenoid and new electric plate again), but the jerk still there.
Finally I replace a rebuild valve body on, the jerk more slightly and I also forgive to fix this issue. It seems no resolution…… I decided if the transmission broke again, I would like to replace another transmission on.