Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by 90lxracer
Dave-

You sound like you're on the right track.. I'm not too sure I would get too caught up in the TCU thing.. converter for sure.. but depending on what you're doing and how it's being done, a "locked up" converter may not be the hot lick. But it's how it's done, where it's done in the RPM range. But then again.. maybe that goes back to the TCU?? lol I'm new to the mercedes thing.. but I've had a good number of laps racing. At the speed you're trying to get to, the platforms start to become irrelevant how they work is all important...

As far tires.. if you can fit a 28x10.5 M/T Pro Bracket on it, that's all the tire you'd ever really need. Where I'd really look is your shock package.. I don't know what's out there for what you're trying to do, but this is where you're going to make up the most time. As a general rule .1 is .3 on the big end.. So getting the best shocks in that area would be a pretty big priority.

Racing in good DA will help as well.. I don't know where in TX you are.. but yeah.. it can get steamy for sure? If you can squeeze in some laps at something like Denton on a X275 night.. or a radial prep you'd be able to get after it a good bit too..

Again.. congrats.. and hey, not trying to step out of line here, but I have been where you're looking to go ET wise..

Not out of line at all

I know that there's a lot to learn about setup-wise - the guys at Ennis are a huge help. Lots of racing wisdom and suggestions. It's on 28" ET StreetR's which are a HUGE improvement over the Hoosiers. Not that its a "problem" but the bracket tire only comes in 15" so I would just nee to rework the rear brakes and get some new wheels. Not the end of the world but I think there is some easier stuff to do.

We have wanted to do some suspension stuff, but again with the tire clearance... anything softer in the back and and the tires have no place to go.

If we reach our current goals I think we'll do some "re-imagining" with the car

Thanks!

Dave

Old 06-26-2019, 10:20 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
01 E55
Dave,

I watched some of the videos and you're at MIR!! That's a local track to me.. In the fall you can get mineshaft air there.. negative DA, it's pretty sweet.. BUT can be deadly if not accounted for.

I didn't think about the rear brake issue... duh on my part.. lol Yeah, that would be something to think about. but watching the car launch, it's squatting a good bit then bouncing/porpoising.. do you have control of the compression on the rear shock? Stiffing up that compresion I think would help a good bit.

Also, is there such a thing as a transbrake of the trans you're running?? Not sure you want to go down that route.. just asking.. But could be the hot ticket to get you where you're looking to go!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Ya - there is a transbrake available - which we will probably get for next year (still has a MB 722.6 in it). Probably do a suspension rework over winter also (if we can meet the goals for this season)

Ya MIR was a for a little EC event - all the shops (including Canada) made it down, so that was lots of fun Broke an axle, which I replaced in the parking lot, and broke it again the very next pass... Day was looking great in forecasts literally up to the day itself - it was hot all day so no good air. Was good to hang out though. Only spent a total of like 20 hours in MD, and drove for more than 40hrs there and back.

Probably be a little while before we visit the east coast again - lol

Thanks!

Dave
Old 09-12-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
MB: E55 AMG, CL550, E3004M Cab + other makes :)
Damn!
Old 12-11-2021, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
I know this is an old post, but I've been researching the fastest E55, and this is the most recent thing I can find. Just curious how this car has progressed and how quick it is now.