Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 04:58 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Feels like engine is missing but no code logged - E63

Hey guys,
Have you encountered any instances where at idle or cruising you feel the engine miss randomly? not sure if its an actual engine miss, but has a strong hesitation and loss of power. over the past 2 years, I would maybe feel a miss or back to back misses every few months. no error code or pending code is logged...maybe logged with STAR/DAS. i haven't had my local shop scan the ECM for misses.

never happens on acceleration, only happens at idle, slow acceleration, or at cruising speeds.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 09-04-2019, 04:02 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
alright guys, after reading other threads about misfires, i was able to find that through Torque and the testing function I am logging misfires across cyl 6 at the times this occurs. when this occurs though it does not trigger any check engine code which i find rather odd.

i assume a set of replacement coils are in order? i mean its been random for the past 3 years so i'm guessing if its the coils, they are pretty durable. really would love a set of Ignition Products plasma coils, but are the rebrand of Okada Direct Fire Plasma Ignition coils, but for 1,600-1,700...thats quite a bit of money. i think factory replacements are about 360 for the set new on the low end?

Old 09-05-2019, 07:02 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
swap #6 coil with another and see if problem moves with it. then you know its a bad coil
Old 09-09-2019, 03:54 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
went to my usual Mercedes repair shop...they scanned the computer using Star/DAS and only saw that the ECU reported that coil #3 and coil #6 have logged low voltage to the ECU at some point. since the issue is intermittent they do not want to rule out that it is a coil, or anything really. they stated they don't want to throw parts at it, but it could have something to do with maybe unstable voltage.

my battery did run low a few weeks back but started right up. so i'm sure the low battery voltage across the ECU in general was due to that. the low voltage across #3 and #6 is another story. i've logged misfire across #5, 6, 7, and 8 cylinders and the most on cylinder #6. didn't log any misfires on #3.