Sponsored by:

Selling My 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 AMG
Selling My 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG

Very sad to be writing this but here it goes.. Please help me find a new owner who will love this car like I have I live in Carpinteria which is 10 minutes south of Santa Barbara. I can meet buyers within an hour or two of that location. I also drive up to the Bay Area / Santa Cruz often and could possibly arrange to meet there.

For sale is my 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG which comes with a wonderful 5.5 L supercharged engine. I’ve owned this car about 5 years and am very sad to be getting rid of it but I’m a business owner and need the extra cash to invest into that. It’s been the most reliable car I’ve ever owned and I’ve been very meticulous with repairs and general maintenance. The car has about 130,000 miles which might be on the high end to some but the reality is that low-mileage cars that are rarely driven are the ones that are going to have issues. I’ve never had a problem with the car’s air suspension which is supposed to be a common issue on these. I’ve never had any major issues with this car. It’s fully loaded.. FULLY loaded. You won’t ever find another E55 with all the options this one has. The options it has are..

- Alabaster white paint, very beautiful and very rare.
- Mercedes dealer-chromed wheels.
- Panoramic roof.
- LED rear lights.
- HID front lights that turn with the steering wheel.
- Seat heater and cooler.
- Navigation unit with premium sound.
- Factory illuminated doorsills.
- Retractable privacy screens on the rear door windows and the rear window.
- Keyless ignition (extremely convenient, as well as the following feature).
- Keyless unlock (you push buttons on the door handles to lock and unlock).
- Automatic open/close trunk.
- Factory rear wing.
- Dark wood (99% of these cars have a light colored wood that does not match with the sporty style of the car).
- Auxiliary input in the glove box (can be used for Bluetooth connections).
- OEM E55 AMG floor mats. These are EXTREMELY rare, valuable and irreplaceable; the car comes with two sets.
- Car has new Continental Extreme Contact Sport XL tires which are extremely sticky and speed rated for 186+ mph. They’re thousand dollar tires. No road noise but they’re so sticky you can hear pebbles flinging off them on hot days.

I don’t abuse this car. I’ve also got a supercharged Z06 which is the car I use at the track and for most my sporty driving. I always warm the engine up completely before stepping on the gas. I always get oil changes with Mobil1 synthetic oil. You can see in the photos that I keep a vacuum in the car. I’m very obsessive about caring for my cars.

This car is slightly customized. It has a Eurocharged package that adds a better heat sync and a smaller pulley as well as a tune. I also have the Eurocharged transmission tune because I was dissatisfied with the way these car’s transmissions shift stock. None of these changes are enough to reduce reliability. If you read up on the engine in these cars you’ll find they are bulletproof. The car shifts much better than any stock E55 and it now makes about 650hp and 700 ft/lb of torque. It’s an absolute monster. Getting on the highway with this and torqueing it up to speed in a single gear is an experience unlike any other. It would probably do 0-60 in the low-3 second range, although I have never launched it to find out. It should also do in excess of 200mph if you ever feel like trying. I’m sure it would feel like 65mph if you did, this car is as quiet as a Rolls Royce at high speeds. I’ve also removed the exhaust resonator which gives the exhaust system the note it should’ve had from the factory. Not annoying, just a bit louder, in a classy, luxurious way.

As far as maintenance, I’ve done the following. I’m probably forgetting a few things but this is about it..

- Replaced the main seal on the oil pan when I first got it.
- Replaced the front wheel bearings when I first got it (last owner babied it so there were a few things that broke just from me driving it more regularly).
- Replaced the panoramic roof (old one broke, this is a huge value-add.. to not have to worry about the sunroof breaking. It was expensive to fix).
- Replaced the supercharger clutch just recently (it’s designed poorly and has an issue where the bolt-downs break in half and fling outwards.. this is why the engine cover is missing the Mercedes symbol and has some damage in that area.. these bolt-down things flung outwards and blasted through the plastic engine cover).
- Replaced the control arms and some other suspension components on the front.
- Changed transmission fluid recently, just as a precaution. Transmission is in excellent condition.

I’m hoping to find someone who sees the value in this car and appreciates that it’s been well cared for and has a very rare options sheet and body color. These cars are going up in value and are becoming collectible.. and for good reason. This is the ultimate sports sedan, and you won’t find a nicer one than this. I’ve eyed these for years and have never seen one as good as this in terms of options, color combo, wood color and maintenance. It deserves a good home and owner. It’s been a very good car to me (I’ve driven it 40,000 miles) and I want it to be appreciated by its new owner in the same manner. I’m very sad to be giving this car up but I have to invest in my business. Hopefully they aren’t $50,000 by the time I’m ready to buy it back!

I'm asking $20,000 or best offer.

Video of Acceleration:
Video of Cruising:

Last edited by AlabasterE55; 08-15-2019 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Nice car. Monster taking off. I would hate to have to let it go.

Only thing i would suggest is to replace the front engine cover with a decent used one and no one should have any complaints about buying this car.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Nice car and good luck with the sale but your HP and Torque are speculative postures without dyno numbers to back it up and I don't think I've seen an E55 able to reach 180-185mp/h.
To give you a baseline my car (which I've owned for more than 10years) has more mods than yours and it dyno'd about 495 at the tire.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by slownrusty
Nice car and good luck with the sale but your HP and Torque are speculative postures without dyno numbers .
It seems like listing crank numbers is a trend exclusive to this platform. Maybe it's a millennial thing. I don't see this kind of cheesiness on forums for other platforms though.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
c36amg e55 amg e500 wagon
Nice car and good luck with the sale but your HP and Torque are speculative postures without dyno numbers to back it up and I don't think I've seen an E55 able to reach 180-185mp/h.
To give you a baseline my car (which I've owned for more than 10years) has more mods than yours and it dyno'd about 495 at the tire.
I agree with the crank dyno numbers in comparison to the wheel numbers statement.

However, the 185mph is easily doable and has been seen by many owners on this forum.

Either way, good luck with the sale. Price might be a touch high but you are in California!!!
Old 08-15-2019, 10:54 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2008 BMW M5, 2004 E55 AMG (RIP)
I hate to be THAT guy, but important distinction if someone is buying this based on the premise it is fully loaded, it doesn’t have Distronic. Also I agree with others that if you’re going to advertise the performance aspect, dyno sheets will help a ton. GLWS, I’m a sucker for AW/Pano cars and they’re pretty rare!
Old 08-16-2019, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Also for a car that you're asking $20k and has 130k miles, I recommend buying a new engine cover, it detracts when opening the hood.

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 G55 AMG (current), 2004 SL55 AMG (sold), 2006 E55 AMG (sold)
GLWS. Im selling my loaded white w/pano also. I thought I was the only one in the market. At least I'm in the east coast.

Last edited by GDBLNKL; 08-16-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CLS55, CL63
Speedo could be optimistic though

Old 08-18-2019, 11:31 PM

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts
05 E55 (06 E55 RIP)
nice car, rare color. GLWS.