W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right fuse for dynamic seats? Nothing in slot so not sure how they even worked before

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Right fuse for dynamic seats? Nothing in slot so not sure how they even worked before

All, I have a CLS55 that had the dynamic seats stop working a bit ago (light just blinks but lumbar, pulse, etc functions don't work). I pulled pump and it visually looks ok (still looking into that but am pausing here) but when I reviewed the fuse slot indicated for the dynamic seats there is nothing there.....as I understand it, it should be location 19 which is the third from the left on the vertically oriented fuses at top of the block (trunk fuse box). I have a 7.5w fuse at position 20, but slot 19 is bare.

I guess I can't even figure out how it would have worked in the first place. No one to my knowledge has touched that fuse box (I do 90% of my own work) and the seats worked ok before. IN some images/videos I've seem of fuses in same location (not sure of model or year but was same location and fuse box), but see nothing when looking at mine. IN those images/videos there was actually a bracket plugged into the fuse box with a wire running from it back into vehicle...the actual fuse was plugged into the bracket (the 7.5 fuse in slot 20 next to it is similar).

I did pull out the lining around the trunk fuse box and looked around for such a bracket with wire attached thinking it possibly popped out (never heard of such a thing) but did not see anything (at least from what I could see).

Any thoughts? Is there something known where I should be looking at a different fuse slot? Should I keep pulling stuff out of that trunk area around fuse box with expectation its likely there but popped out somehow and I'm just not able to see it?

Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated. I'm thinking to next pull out the CD player bracket that holds the CD/DVD player for GPS to take another look back there this weekend for a small bracket with wire (and fuse) that may have popped out, but have never heard of a fuse just popping out so wanted to see if someone here knew anything,

Chris
Old 09-04-2019, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 981 Likes on 763 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
For build dates of 3/21/03 through 5/31/05, fuse 19 (20 amp) in the rear SAM is listed with the following description:

Valid for Code 404 left multicontour seat and/or code 405 right multicontour seat.
Multicontour seat pneumatic pump (M40).

For build dates 3/20/03 and earlier, fuse 13 (15 amp) is for the multicontour seat and fuse 19 (20 amp) is used to power pump M40.
The following users liked this post:
testknight (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 10:42 AM

CLS55
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
For build dates of 3/21/03 through 5/31/05, fuse 19 (20 amp) in the rear SAM is listed with the following description:

Valid for Code 404 left multicontour seat and/or code 405 right multicontour seat.
Multicontour seat pneumatic pump (M40).

For build dates 3/20/03 and earlier, fuse 13 (15 amp) is for the multicontour seat and fuse 19 (20 amp) is used to power pump M40.

Oh wow, ok. that is excellent info. I am very appreciative that you took the time to respond. Thank you. This is perfect.

Chris
Old 09-07-2019, 01:09 PM

CLS55
Well I installed a used pump and where I was not getting anything before, I am not feeling the air bags inflate and deflate with the replacement pump. I'd share for future searchers that I do not see a fuse in the slot indicated (F19 in rear trunk by GPS player) in my car (CLS55 2006) so have no idea what fuse this system leads to. Now I'd share the pulse feature is pretty weak and I'm not sure things are right with it yet (no drive tests for dynamic, but with pulse all I feel is a bag inflate and deflate on lower back but nothing too noticeable)