W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Exhaust for E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2004 | 01:29 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Exhaust for E55

Does anyone have any sound or video clips of different exhausts that are available for the E55. I want to change mine but I am not sure what to expect from the different vendors.

Thanks in advance,
Old 07-14-2004 | 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

W221
If someone will help me record my exhaust I will happily put it on this forum. FYI I have a borla race muffler and have taken out the resonators. I do notice a lil loss of torque down low but it does feel a lil harder up top. Either way I absolutely love the sound. It also resonates a lil inside the car but I don't care. But I'm sure other who aren't all into cars would be wonderin why would you do this to a benz
Old 07-14-2004 | 07:42 PM
TCM

2001 BMW M5
We just installed the Eisemann race system on a client's E55 last month. I do not have any sound clips of it yet, but may be able to get some in the coming weeks. The system provided a light burble at idle and a nice deep underlying tone on throttle. Not too loud, but enough to set off some car alarms in car parks when prodded. Fitment was a little bit odd as the Eisemann system comes with 2.5 inch inlets that need to be mated up to the 3 inch stock exhaust (eisemann says this does not hurt power, but actually imprives it by providing more backpressure?).

Here is a picture of the Eisemann on the vehicle. Hope this helps you out a bit...

Old 07-15-2004 | 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by TCM
We just installed the Eisemann race system on a client's E55 last month. I do not have any sound clips of it yet, but may be able to get some in the coming weeks. The system provided a light burble at idle and a nice deep underlying tone on throttle. Not too loud, but enough to set off some car alarms in car parks when prodded. Fitment was a little bit odd as the Eisemann system comes with 2.5 inch inlets that need to be mated up to the 3 inch stock exhaust (eisemann says this does not hurt power, but actually imprives it by providing more backpressure?).

Here is a picture of the Eisemann on the vehicle. Hope this helps you out a bit...

Wow someone actually dished out the money for an eisenmann. Dayam. Did he get the race program? If he did I can say it sounds DAYAM GOOD. I too was gonna get the race program Eisenmann exhaust until I saw how much they were asking...
Old 07-15-2004 | 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
how much are we talking about?
Old 07-15-2004 | 01:12 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
3k for the cat-back eisenmann "race" exhaust system! That is mad expensive. you might as well go with evosports headers, like i did. Haven't come yet, but on other cars that i have installed aftermarket headers, i have gained significant power especially if your car has forced induction, and the sound is a little meaner, engine sounds a lot better.
Old 07-15-2004 | 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by alexbenz
how much are we talking about?
What SunnyE55 said...
Old 07-15-2004 | 06:10 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
hey BenzoBoi, do u have any pics of your wald kit? just wondering if u took off ur amg front bumper and replaced it with a normal e-class bumper and added the wald bottom lip add-on?

i've been looking into a new front bumper, but don't know if i would want to replace my amg bumper. i really like it.

Do u know if there are any bottom lip add-ons for the amg bumpers?
Old 07-15-2004 | 06:11 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
my apologies for getting off topic
Old 07-15-2004 | 10:55 AM
TCM

2001 BMW M5
This is not the "race program" system. To my knowledge Eisenmann only offers the twin mufflers from the resonators back. Originally we were planning to replace everything from the cat back, but the owner did not what too loud of a system since he has to drive clients in the car. Hope this helps clarify.
Old 07-15-2004 | 12:25 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TCM
This is not the "race program" system. To my knowledge Eisenmann only offers the twin mufflers from the resonators back. Originally we were planning to replace everything from the cat back, but the owner did not what too loud of a system since he has to drive clients in the car. Hope this helps clarify.
Wow! Those look great. The car is in Ontario I see. Any chance of being able to see the car in person somewhere?

I might be interested in a system also.
Old 07-15-2004 | 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Sunny55
hey BenzoBoi, do u have any pics of your wald kit? just wondering if u took off ur amg front bumper and replaced it with a normal e-class bumper and added the wald bottom lip add-on?

i've been looking into a new front bumper, but don't know if i would want to replace my amg bumper. i really like it.

Do u know if there are any bottom lip add-ons for the amg bumpers?
The most recent pic of my car is on the the car and model website. Go to HID SD pics and go to page 5. My car is on the second row of pics. I had to take off the amg bumper and use the E-class Sport bumpers. I had the WALD lip molded onto the bumper both front and rear.

To the best of my knowledge I think Carlsson has a lip that adds onto the AMG bumper but don't quote me on that. Can anyone else confirm this? I knoe they have one for the SL...so I'm assuming they have one for us...
Old 07-15-2004 | 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by TCM
Thank you for the clarification TCM. The race program is music to the ears but I guess it may be a tee bit loud if you have clients to haul in that thing. Either way Eisenmann stuff comes with a hefty price whether it is the race program or not. They sound really awesome but don't think I can justify spending that much money on an exhaust. Hahaha I wasn't baller enough to afford an Eisenmann so I jus did my own lil thing. Some of the people have heard my exhaust and I would say it's quite "noticeable"
Old 07-15-2004 | 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Originally Posted by TCM
eisemann says this does not hurt power, but actually improves it by providing more backpressure?
I did everything I could to eliminate backpressure on my last 300 zx twin turbo for more hp. When the na guys reduced backpressure, they lost power. I thought the e55 would fit into the former.
Old 07-16-2004 | 01:06 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ima55r2
I did everything I could to eliminate backpressure on my last 300 zx twin turbo for more hp. When the na guys reduced backpressure, they lost power. I thought the e55 would fit into the former.
I'm with you on this one. FI applications like the least amount of backpressure as possible. I could see that on a car that had a centrifugal supercharger, where power is made up high in the RPM range, you would want some backpressure so that the car has a chance to get into its power band. But, on the E55 where the car makes 450+ RWTQ at 2,500RPM I would think you would want the least restrictive exhaust possible??

I'd like a little clarification on that point also.
Old 07-16-2004 | 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Originally Posted by vrus
I'm with you on this one. FI applications like the least amount of backpressure as possible. I could see that on a car that had a centrifugal supercharger, where power is made up high in the RPM range, you would want some backpressure so that the car has a chance to get into its power band. But, on the E55 where the car makes 450+ RWTQ at 2,500RPM I would think you would want the least restrictive exhaust possible??

I'd like a little clarification on that point also.
My understanding of exhaust design is that no backpressure is good for performance. A decrease in performance from a less restrictive system would generally be caused by incorrect timing or fueling.
This is without considering velocity, scavenging etc.