W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Installed new engine finally, having weird issue. Starts revs up shuts off.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2019 | 09:03 PM

06cls
Installed new engine finally, having weird issue. Starts revs up shuts off.

After a bunch of setbacks finally got the car back together. At first I wanted to start it without the fuel pump relay, to get fluids moving. removed the bottom relay in the trunk, but lo and behold it started. I didn't think anything of it, so not sure if that is indeed fuel pump relay haven't had a chance to do more research. Wanted to post this before I go to bed. Anyways hooked up exhaust , o2 sensors, whatever else we had left . Reinstall fuel pump relay and now it starts .....,revs up ....., and immediately shuts off. Also seems to be smoking out the exhaust blackish strong smell . With that relay removed (,that's supposed to be for fuel pump,) it starts semi normal ,idle is a little bit higher than usual (around 1200 ish maybe higher rpms)sounds a little rough, like it's not running all cylinders, .? Have a check engine light going to check out what it says when I get back to work tomorrow. Didn't have my scanner on me. I do have star/das laptop, should I use that instead? Does anybody have any ideas of what I'm dealing with?
Old 12-06-2019 | 10:14 AM

06cls
have 2 codes

p0203 injector circuit cylinder 3, which one is this cant find injector layout per cyl anywhere, ?

also p0228 throttle/position sensor switch circuit high
Old 12-06-2019 | 10:30 AM

06cls
nevermind, looked at old motor, and figured out which was cyl 3, injector plug was not seated all the way, due to injector clip being i way. no CEL , car now starts up.
Old 12-06-2019 | 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
EDIT: I see you posted the solution minutes before I posted.

'06 CLS55 should be virtually identical to the '06 E55. The '06 E55 has three relays in the trunk, one for the air pump and one relay for each of the two fuel pumps. So you have to pull two relays to kill the fuel pumps in a 2006 E55.

Ensure you didn't swap the throttle plate connector with the supercharger air flap connector. They're the same style and it is possible to reverse them.

Found this for the M113 cylinder numbering out on the internet. This would be for the earlier non-supercharged version but the cylinder numbering should be the same: