Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this '07 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 04:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E63 amg
Buy it!!

I bought my E63 w211 last week. I was very lucky because the owner before me had almost every service record down to the resonator delete. Head bolt issue has been fixed the cars has 77547 miles currently and i love it. Its ok on gas but thats not why you are buying to save fuel you are buying it to he fast and comfortable. If they have records and all that its a good price i got mine for 15k which is a steal considering it has major services done already and it looks mint! Carbon fiber splitter and side skirts New michellin ps4’s. I feel bad but its in a great home now
The following users liked this post:
wandering (07-12-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 04:16 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
wow W211_Cesar; lucky *******, haha; you did get that for steal; easily worth $19k with that mileage, options, work done. nice find and it looks so clean!
W211_cesar (02-01-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 04:32 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
Originally Posted by PortAxePlayer1
Hello There!

Excited to have a reason to post here, hopefully will be hanging around the AMG section more depending on the feedback I get from the below.

While picking up my '97 E200 from my local Mercedes dealership, I happen to notice quite a unique Pre-Owned specimen. An '07 E63 with 52K miles on the clock that I've managed to knock down to 17K USD. I've attached the DataCard for you to see. From my knowledge of the W211 (had my '06 E350 for more than a decade now) it's missing Distronic, Pre-Heater, Power Trunk & Rear Heated Seats. Other than that it's absolutely loaded and has Designo exterior & interior. Wood has been wrapped in Carbon Fiber (I plan to replace this with the original wood from an eBay set so not a big issue). Interior still has that strong leather smell, absolutely stunning.

It needed new Air Struts & front brakes/rotors and these were recently completed by the Merc dealership prior to putting it on display. Test drive showed absolutely nothing but sheer power and stability, no squeaks, rattles or obnoxious sounds.

I'm aware the M156 has head bolt issues and I've asked them to inspect if it has the old vs new style bolts and split the cost of repairs accordingly. Labor Hour is 82$ USD/hour so this won't be that big of a cost.

Transmission shifts smoothly, differential isn't whining, engine idles beautifully.

What should I be checking? The PPI was done and what was found was fixed above minus minor cosmetics issues.

I already find the E350 plenty fast but that AMG surely is something else, I'm quite calibrated to Mercedes repair costs (having completely restored the E200 & E350) and from what I've seen the AMG differ mainly from the rotors , suspension parts & engine parts. Nothing too heavy based on the prices I've checked.

What do you guys think? Shall I pull the trigger and join the club? I don't plan to mod it at all, but plan to maintain it like all my other Mercs and keeping it in a clean stock state.

Things that need changing:
- Right Mirror LED Is cracked
- Front Fender has a small scratch
- Headlamps need polishing
- Carbon Trim to be replaced

Would love to hear your thoughts!
nice find and go for it!
Old 05-26-2020, 04:00 AM

That car looks amazing, go for it if you already haven't!
I acutally, want to change my trim for a carbon fiber one, but can't find any. Lucky you.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Originally Posted by kelgar
That car looks amazing, go for it if you already haven't!
I acutally, want to change my trim for a carbon fiber one, but can't find any. Lucky you.
You need to contact Matthew Johnson (Owner of OCarbon) matt@ocarbon.com https://ocarbon.com/collections/merc...63#MainContent He does actual carbon fiber trim pieces and more.
But the only caveat is, that you have to send him your old trim pieces, so that he can refinished them in genuine carbon fiber, and the whole process takes about 2 - 2 1/2 months to complete. But it's well worth the wait.
In the meantime your car has no interior trim. I was lucky in the fact that, I got a complete set of interior trim pieces donated to me, from another AMG owner (Worth the Wait). So when my carbon fiber trim arrived, it was a simple remove old trim, replace new trim. And the best part, the price was $750, plus $50 for shipping.

Last edited by Yuille36; 05-26-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Yuille36
You need to contact Matthew Johnson (Owner of OCarbon) matt@ocarbon.com https://ocarbon.com/collections/merc...63#MainContent He does actual carbon fiber trim pieces and more.
But the only caveat is, that you have to send him your old trim pieces, so that he can refinished them in genuine carbon fiber, and the whole process takes about 2 - 2 1/2 months to complete. But it's well worth the wait.
In the meantime your car has no interior trim. I was lucky in the fact that, I got a complete set of interior trim pieces donated to me, from another AMG owner (Worth the Wait). So when my carbon fiber trim arrived, it was a simple remove old trim, replace new trim. And the best part, the price was $750, plus $50 for shipping.
Can't thank you enough for this!!
I contacted Matt as you said, and I have a spare trim set, so I will send it to make and have mine in the meantime. The only thing he doesn't do is the center console, right? And how you got that affalterbach emblem in that asstray? It looks like the president edition and I would love to have it too.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can't thank you enough for this!!
I contacted Matt as you said, and I have a spare trim set, so I will send it to make and have mine in the meantime. The only thing he doesn't do is the center console, right? And how you got that affalterbach emblem in that asstray? It looks like the president edition and I would love to have it too.
Yes, the sliding center console cover is an issue, as the carbon fiber delaminates due to bending and the rolling action of the cover. So, he paints them to match your interior color. That Affalterbach emblem is top secret 🤔, it’s actually is a sticker that I bought from eBay years ago, they are very hard to find in that size now, if you can find them at all. But you can actually find smaller ones, that can fit on the back of your keyfob. I put a layer of transparent tape over the top of it to protect it from getting chewed up with anything else I might have in my pockets. So the differences is the keyfob emblem is the size of a quarter, and the ashtray emblem is the size of a silver dollar. I wish that, I had sent this to Matt so that he could have placed a layer of clear coat over top of the emblem, for a more seamless look. But at the time, it didn’t occur to me to do that. I often get high praise from everyone that looks at my car, from the steering wheel to the carbon fiber trim and instrument cluster. As you can see on the keyfob, the very outer edges of the tape is starting to peel, so every year I apply new tape and cut the very edge with a razor blade.

Last edited by Yuille36; 05-27-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:03 AM

Yes, the sliding center console cover is an issue, as the carbon fiber delaminates due to bending and the rolling action of the cover. So, he paints them to match your interior color. That Affalterbach emblem is top secret 🤔, it’s actually is a sticker that I bought from eBay years ago, they are very hard to find in that size now, if you can find them at all. But you can actually find smaller ones, that can fit on the back of your keyfob. I put a layer of transparent tape over the top of it to protect it from getting chewed up with anything else I might have in my pockets. So the differences is the keyfob emblem is the size of a quarter, and the ashtray emblem is the size of a silver dollar. I wish that, I had sent this to Matt so that he could have placed a layer of clear coat over top of the emblem, for a more seamless look. But at the time, it didn’t occur to me to do that. But I do get high praise from everyone that looks at my car, from the steering wheel to the carbon fiber trim and instrument cluster. As you can see, the very outer edges of the tape Is starting to peel, so every year I apply new tape and cut the very edge with a razor blade.
I will look on ebay, maybe I can get one like the key and place it in the ashtray as you say to get a layer on top. Thanks again!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here are a few more photos of the emblem/decals that I have. This first one is a thicker harder Affalterbach emblem meant to go on keyfob, that I found while searching thru a Mercedes Benz Accessory Parts listing. And it’s the size of a dime for reference. The Silver/Red AMG sticker, I used them on my Carbonio CF engine/air filter covers. And I have two sets of those silver dollar sized Affalterbach emblems. I even used them on the back of the driver/passenger headrests. Everybody tells me, that was a nice touch.

The dime size Affalterbach Crests are the same exact ones used in the new AMG keyfobs below.

Here is the Silver Dollar sized Crest on the back of the head rest.

Several years ago, I had these ball caps made along with several polo shirts made in (Navy Blue, White, Black, Grey) with the AMG Crest embroidered on the right, and the ///AMG on the back centered just below the collar.

And the AMG on the air boxes.

Last edited by Yuille36; 05-27-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think that this was a rather nice touch, and looks awesome contrasts against the carbon fiber.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:17 AM

I think that this was a rather nice touch, and looks awesome contrasts against the carbon fiber.
It looks amazing!!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It looks amazing!!
😷 Thank you
Old 07-11-2020, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aquilesgracea
The brakes and suspension will suck when the time comes, but the Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin joy will definitely outweigh that. Grab that thing.
Actually if you shop around you an get the front two-piece rotor, rear rotors, F/R pads, wear sensors for just under $1000. Ask me how I know this 😁. The air suspension will cost substantially more.
wandering (07-12-2020)