Sponsored by:

M156- Issues post head bolt replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by amgs63dxb
quick one... is it possible to mix cam adjusters (exhaust/intake)? they look identical from the first sight... and could create bizarre outcome like that (or am I wrong?)
this is good input; i thought the same thing and only way to tell is to take off the covers again, Which i would love to avoid if it is just the cam solenoids. But definitely a possible cause and will look into this.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:55 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
did you find out any more with this? it is an odd issue.

And I can definitely feel your frustrations as an e63 owner; hopefully someone else from the forum here chimed in and could help a little.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:29 AM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by anomadtoo
did you find out any more with this? it is an odd issue.

And I can definitely feel your frustrations as an e63 owner; hopefully someone else from the forum here chimed in and could help a little.
Research wise yes but nothing as far as diagnostics at dealership (misdiagnosed as camshaft solenoids) and at indy shop (only assumed after only diagnosing using scan tool that it was timing chain related which in my opinion is bull. I refuse to put any more money into the issue after i already got screwed doing the headbolts with that shop in the first place and not having this attended to while they were already in the engine (im 99% they caused this problem doing something incorrectly) caused me to spend another couple thousand for diagnostics/tear down. Yes I couldve attempted to sue the shop or take advantage of the 6 month parts/labor warranty, but i did not want them touching the car ever again. So im taking a loss on this one and selling it, hopefully to someone who has the time/skills to repair. Once fixed this thing will be solid with a very good maintenance history.

Edit: *would cause* me to spend another couple thousand
Old 06-25-2020, 03:58 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
Originally Posted by 09E63NB
Research wise yes but nothing as far as diagnostics at dealership (misdiagnosed as camshaft solenoids) and at indy shop (only assumed after only diagnosing using scan tool that it was timing chain related which in my opinion is bull. I refuse to put any more money into the issue after i already got screwed doing the headbolts with that shop in the first place and not having this attended to while they were already in the engine (im 99% they caused this problem doing something incorrectly) caused me to spend another couple thousand for diagnostics/tear down. Yes I couldve attempted to sue the shop or take advantage of the 6 month parts/labor warranty, but i did not want them touching the car ever again. So im taking a loss on this one and selling it, hopefully to someone who has the time/skills to repair. Once fixed this thing will be solid with a very good maintenance history.

Edit: *would cause* me to spend another couple thousand
man I'm sorry to hear this; very frustrating for sure. These are certainly great cars but enough is enough sometimes, right.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:13 PM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by anomadtoo
man I'm sorry to hear this; very frustrating for sure. These are certainly great cars but enough is enough sometimes, right.
Exactly; if I had more time/another car id be fixing myself and keeping as intially planned. Just not the right situation for me right now as a young guy.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
You missed posting the video to this one.
The following users liked this post:
anomadtoo (07-02-2020)