Big power loss and chirp, squeal noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 cl55 amg
Big power loss and chirp, squeal noise

Hi everyone, I've got advice to post my problem in that section so here it is

So, I bought my 2004 cl55 two days ago, it has 88k miles, and once I got it I realized that sometimes when I floor it, it doesn't go at all, I'm assuming compressor doesn't work at that time at all, I looked up online and found that it IC pump and my supercharger is overheating, so I even ordered a new one. But the next day I discovered that its all not that easy. My compressor is not overheating. I can go for a while on hight rpm's and my car is okay. The other thing I was ignoring first, is the short chirp, when car just start moving or on really low speed, no more that 20mph ( I attached sound files, took it from the other guy's post, but mine is the same). So, after some time I discovered that these two things related, when I start moving and hear this chirp, my car will go as it should, but when I dont, the compressor will not start working and my car will go slower than a old camry even if I floor it, seems like it happens randomly, sometimes I can drive for a while and my car will chirp and accelerate fast, but sometimes when I slow down after that or stop on the light, boom, my car is an old Camry again
As I found online, for two guys with exactly the same noise it turned up to be a crankshaft pulley, but they were also reporting some power loss, not completely like I do, and the second thing that coming to my minds is supercharger pulley it self, as I know when car start moving the magnet applies and make the compressor work, so I thought the chirp sound is that process, and sometimes when I don't hear that noise, compressor doesn't start up
Visually my crank pulley looks okay, when idling or under some pressure, and these guys were reporting that their crank pulley eather broke apart or were moving pretty bad
So Im stuck here, and don't really know what to do and how to diagnose the problem, Im kinda limited on my budget, and I can afford to change only one of these things rn, and I really want it to be the supercharger pulley, because I can do it myself, but if its crank pulley, it complicated as I read. And I can't even find the pulley for my car, I found one with the part number 1130300103, but it says it fit only 2006 cl55 and doesn't fit 2004, it even says on MB cite, and for 2004 model I cant find at all.
And again, if its turned up to be a crank pulley, Is anyone living close to the Sacramento area, who would be able to help me to replace it, I'll pay reasonable money
Thank you.
Sorry for my English, still learning.
Attached Files
File Type: wav
1.wav (526.0 KB, 17 views)
2.wav (364.0 KB, 11 views)
3.wav (404.0 KB, 10 views)
4.wav (374.0 KB, 5 views)