W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does your E55 cost you per year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E55
I bought my 03 E55 with 57K miles on the odometer back in January 2010 with a warranty from a used car lot (yes, I too was surprised they had an extended warranty for only $2K more).

After 3 months of ownership, I took the car in to the dealer because it was making all sorts of noises and clunks and what have you.

In the end, that warranty came in handy greatly because it covered $15K worth of repairs all from Mercedes Benz (including a brand new transmission, both engine mounts, fuel pump, blower pulley, support bearing, control arm bushings, and many other little things here and there).

Then for 7 years, I didn’t have many BIG issues aside from changing the brakes/rotors.

Looking back at my stack of receipts, from 2018 - present day, I’ve spent $5,300 on things that went bad on the car and $2,300 of that was on labor (and this is from a local shop, not from Mercedes Benz which would’ve cost double if not more).

So, over the past 2.5 years, I’ve spent about $3,000 on parts for a car that has 126K miles on it currently.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by dr_brains510
I bought my 03 E55 with 57K miles on the odometer back in January 2010 with a warranty from a used car lot (yes, I too was surprised they had an extended warranty for only $2K more).

After 3 months of ownership, I took the car in to the dealer because it was making all sorts of noises and clunks and what have you.

In the end, that warranty came in handy greatly because it covered $15K worth of repairs all from Mercedes Benz (including a brand new transmission, both engine mounts, fuel pump, blower pulley, support bearing, control arm bushings, and many other little things here and there).

Then for 7 years, I didn’t have many BIG issues aside from changing the brakes/rotors.

Looking back at my stack of receipts, from 2018 - present day, I’ve spent $5,300 on things that went bad on the car and $2,300 of that was on labor (and this is from a local shop, not from Mercedes Benz which would’ve cost double if not more).

So, over the past 2.5 years, I’ve spent about $3,000 on parts for a car that has 126K miles on it currently.

Hope this helps a bit.
15k in repairs at once wow! Never heard of an e55 having that expensive of a bill. Sounds like other than that the cost has been pretty fair. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by grimo12
15k in repairs at once wow! Never heard of an e55 having that expensive of a bill. Sounds like other than that the cost has been pretty fair. Thanks for your input.
My thoughts exactly; especially considering I bought my car for $20K.

A good chunk of the 15K in repairs were items like the new transmission ($4300 with labor), engine mounts (parts were $175 but labor was $800), etc.

It’s always expensive to get it done at the dealer but if you have warranty, it’s a great feeling.