Sponsored by:

e55 AMG - IHI supercharger Main Bearings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55 AMG
Exclamation e55 AMG - IHI supercharger Main Bearings

Hello all, i'm hoping someone can help me out!

I have a 2005 e55 and my supercharger (113-090-00-80-80) makes a grinding noise as it spools up and slows down. I reached out to the guy who owns benzperformanceparts.com and he informed that the middle/main bearings are sold out worldwide and that IHI will not sell them to the public.
https://benzperformanceparts.com.au/...ut-bearing-kit

I have contacted two supercharger rebuild sites (superchargersonline & jokerzperformance) and neither rebuilds these SC's or has any information on the bearings.

There has to be someone who rebuilds these, or has a part number for the main bearings? i have a call into the secretary at IHI hopefully someone from engineering calls me back.

Has anyone rebuilt there's? am i over stressing about the main bearings and should just replace the fronts, backs & fluid?

Thanks, Ryan
Old 06-17-2020, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 778 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Might just be the rear bearings needing replacement. Even those were special order from Japan via Australia with over six-month lead time. Several of us did a group buy through the IHI bearing distributor in Australia. Look up their email on the internet and email the POC. If any rear bearings are in stock, they will ship to you. If not in stock, you'll need to set up a group minimum buy and wait until the factory can schedule a production run. The rear bearings are a custom, not standard, size. Multiple posts on replacing the rear bearings. They are packed with grease that dries out whereas the front bearings are in an oil bath.