Sponsored by:

Finished installing evo stage 1--->

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 08:12 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
Finished installing evo stage 1--->

Just finished the final things with the evo stage 1 install. The only difficulty I had was reinstalling the crank pulley as it is very difficult to get the keyway lined up before the pulley disappears into the timing cover making the keyway impossible to see. It would have been nice if MB had started the keyway closer to the end of the crank so it would be more self aligning. Otherwise everything fits great and the computer programming is fine also. Tropical storm Charlie is making the roads a little too wet for me to tell much about performance, but drivability is exactly the same as stock. The supercharger emits a little more whine as it is spinning faster and the motor has a deeper tone. I'll give more details once it dries out here in Virginia. Evosport had extremely quick service and turnaround with the computer tuning and delivery of the stage 1 kit. I just ordered the kit last Fri(8/6) and sent the ECM last Mon next day air and everything arrived on Thursday(8/12). That's impressive and I highly recommend Evosport from my experience. Stage 2 headers coming soon!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E55 2004
Good Luck,
Manuel
Old 08-15-2004, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Sweet! I am getting the same kit in a few weeks for mine. Look forward to hearing your review once it dries up out there!
Old 08-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 AMG E55
Further upgrades from Evosport

Have been driving around with evolution 1, 2 kits. Car is running great. There is no comparison between the way the car feels and sounds now and when it was stock. Evosport just installed a prototype of their evo 3 kit.s which includes an additional intercooler and increased capacity pump. The installation was very clean as usual. Will be driving the car a while and then take it back to them for inspection. They are working on additional 'bolt' on improvements. As I have said before their products and support are first class and I have seen 'real' numbers from the dyno several times. Highly recommend them to anyone who wants improved, hassle free performance at a reasonable cost.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:35 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
Got to drive the car today for a few minutes before the rain started again. Initial impressions are the car has much more throttle response and doesn't have the annoying lag when the accelerator is first depressed. In my usual test location, the car now has a tendency to spin the tires all the way through first gear where before the car wouldn't spin at all after the initial launch. Obviously it was at the limits of adhesion and not enough that the traction control stepped in and shut down the action. Like I said in the previous post, the drivability is exactly the same as stock. The performance is noticable from a "seat of the pants" perspective and I'll get some new track #'s and dyno figures soon to confirm my feelings.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds good, would be interested to see a Dyno comparison too
Old 08-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DocStone
Have been driving around with evolution 1, 2 kits. Car is running great. There is no comparison between the way the car feels and sounds now and when it was stock. Evosport just installed a prototype of their evo 3 kit.s which includes an additional intercooler and increased capacity pump. The installation was very clean as usual. Will be driving the car a while and then take it back to them for inspection. They are working on additional 'bolt' on improvements. As I have said before their products and support are first class and I have seen 'real' numbers from the dyno several times. Highly recommend them to anyone who wants improved, hassle free performance at a reasonable cost.
Do you have any Dyno numbers? How much hp are you putting down? Crank hp?
Old 08-16-2004, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
What warranty ramifications does the evo I, II, and soon to be III mods have.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 AMG E55
Evosport has published dyno numbers on E55 upgrades

Dyno results were previously published on this web site and should be available at the evosport web site. I suspect they are conservative since, we were using 91 octane gas at best, the numbers were corrected down for sea level and most of all, the engine heats up fast in the dyno room as compared to on the road. It is known that power output is sensitive to underhood temperature on these cars thus the push to add cooling.