Sponsored by:

E55 AMG - Keyless Go & Dynamic Seat Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 AMG
Arrow E55 AMG - Keyless Go & Dynamic Seat Options

Aloha, I’m looking for my first E55 and I have a few questions for the experienced owners of these cars. Are the Dynamic/Ventilated seats and the Keyless Go options actually good quality components or are they just gimmicks that eventually break and are super-expensive to fix? Does anyone use their Keyless Go start button on a regular basis? Any issues? I haven’t had the chance to sit in one yet, but I’ve always wondered if the ventilated seats actually cool your back on a hot day? Thank You, Shalinski.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 457 Posts
04 E55 AMG (totaled), 07 S550 4Matic, 14 E63S
Had mine for 2 months. Generally wanted more of the options (forget Distronic, doesn't exist).

The ventilated seats don't do much though I still use it.

My multi-contour seats don't work, haven't looked at it. The seats are very comfortable at least.

I did however want keyless go as I have another car with (old) keyless and knew I wanted it. It works pretty well though I can't tell you about reliability given my short ownership. But it's a great convenience feature that you kind of wonder how you did without it. I guess that's what luxury is so, yes, I think it's worth it. I will say I was annoyed how many of these features were still options on such a damn expensive vehicle....

Didn't realize mine didn't have nav until I was driving home after completing the transaction. I just assumed that with a screen and a "Nav" button that it would have it and should have been standard anyway, even though I'm sure the system is pretty crummy by 2020 standards.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts
mgLipGD
Oh those two options keyless go is what i would prefer. I keep my dynamic seats turned off. It’s cool and all but after a short time you just turn it off.
The following users liked this post:
tlambert (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 352 Likes on 215 Posts
15 S550 4Matic, 86 560SL
Keyless Go is a great and useful option but the handles tend to break over time, requiring replacement. The Engine Start button rarely breaks and is useful.

The dynamic seats, from what I hear, break quite often. Probably worth skipping.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I'm very fond of my Keyless Go as it's nice to not have to pull out the key. However! If I didn't have it, it wouldn't be a big deal. Keyless Go is reliable, however some individuals have had to replace door handles on cars due to faulty door handles (there's a Keyless Go sensor in the door handle).

Dynamic seats are separate from the ventilated seats; meaning you can get ventilated seats that aren't dynamic. I have ventilation on mine but not the dynamic.

Ventilated seats are reliable. There are ten fans in the seat. They're not too noisy, they're effective, and you definitely don't have that sticky perspiration thanks to ventilated seats. It's a subtle feeling and it's so subtle that you assume that it doesn't make a difference, but it does make a noticeable difference.

Dynamic seats are definitely a very interesting feature. However, there have been individuals who have claimed the pump that controls the air bladders have broken. So there are definitely failures with dynamic seats.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55
My understanding is the ventilated seats don't really do much unless you upgrade the fans with some higher flowing ones, there's a write up somewhere here. As others said keyless go handles are a common point of failure but relatively easy to swap out. Regardless it was one of my only must have options while searching for mine. I've been spoiled by previous vehicles but once you have it you never want to go back
Old 08-13-2020, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Although, I have an E63. I do however use the ventilated seats a lot during this heat wave were going thru right now. But I will say, they don't work all that well, eventually the seats do cool down.
But not immediately like in my X5M. I assume larger fans. I definitely use Keyless Go function all the time, for entry into the car, as well as the start button on the shift knob.
I think once you have it, you'll enjoy it. However I did have to replaced every single keyless go door handle. As moisture finds it's way inside a corrodes the electronics. Price <$500 per handle.