Looking for exhaust mod advises from E63 owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 03:11 PM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Looking for exhaust mod advises from E63 owners

Hi forum,

I want to make the stock exhaust a bit louder in my W211 E63 AMG. I am not looking for too much noise, and I'd like to preserve that AMG-specific tone and bark. Also, I don't want any cabin drones. I just want my stock exhaust sound louder. Looking for recommendations from E63 owners specifically as E55 is a different engine.

Someone I know deleted their resonators and straight-piped it today. I think it sounds great, but again, there is some drone in the cabin. I will post the video of it on my Youtube channel AccentOnCars soon.

One viewer of my Youtube channel, AccentOnCars, reached out and recommended deleting the secondary cats, welding a straight pipe in its place, and leaving everything else stock. He says he tried resonator delete with H pipe and it was good, but resulted in some little annoying low-frequency noise drone. He says the best "stock-like" but a bit louder exhaust is putting a straight pipe in the place of secondary cats.

Has anyone tried secondary cat delete and leaving everything else stock?
Does anyone have a resonator delete with X-pipe?
Old 08-29-2020, 03:22 PM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
Originally Posted by Rovel
Hi forum,

I want to make the stock exhaust a bit louder in my W211 E63 AMG. I am not looking for too much noise, and I'd like to preserve that AMG-specific tone and bark. Also, I don't want any cabin drones. I just want my stock exhaust sound louder. Looking for recommendations from E63 owners specifically as E55 is a different engine.

Someone I know deleted their resonators and straight-piped it today. I think it sounds great, but again, there is some drone in the cabin. I will post the video of it on my Youtube channel AccentOnCars soon.

One viewer of my Youtube channel, AccentOnCars, reached out and recommended deleting the secondary cats, welding a straight pipe in its place, and leaving everything else stock. He says he tried resonator delete with H pipe and it was good, but resulted in some little annoying low-frequency noise drone. He says the best "stock-like" but a bit louder exhaust is putting a straight pipe in the place of secondary cats.

Has anyone tried secondary cat delete and leaving everything else stock?
Does anyone have a resonator delete with X-pipe?
Replace resonator with straight pipes, replace secondary cats with an H-pipe.
Best mod for money. I wouldn't install an X-pipe, I tried installing it to my E55 and Ml63 and it changed the AMG sound.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:27 PM

2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by Solo wing
Replace resonator with straight pipes, replace secondary cats with an H-pipe.
Best mod for money. I wouldn't install an X-pipe, I tried installing it to my E55 and Ml63 and it changed the AMG sound.
Do you have a video of the setup you recommend? Am I gonna loose back pressure at all?

Edit: I found a video of it on YouTube and it doesn’t sound like AMG at all with this setup
. Sounds like a truck

Last edited by Rovel; 08-29-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
depends on what you consider AMG sound. I have LTH, X-Pipe and resonators removed and i still have great AMG sound. a lot of it has to do with the mufflers. the E63 mufflers are the best M156 mufflers. they eliminate all drone but yet allow the noise and bark to come out on medium to heavy throttle.

a secondary cat delete with x pipe, and removal of resonators will bring in some good sound. when i only had resonators removed it did improve sound but i wanted more.

i'd say start with that and move up slowly if needed.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 08-29-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:10 PM

2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by hachiroku
depends on what you consider AMG sound. I have LTH, X-Pipe and resonators removed and i still have great AMG sound. a lot of it has to do with the mufflers. the E63 mufflers are the best M156 mufflers. they eliminate all drone but yet allow the noise and bark to come out on medium to heavy throttle.

a secondary cat delete with x pipe, and removal of resonators will bring in some good sound. when i only had resonators removed it did improve sound but i wanted more.

i'd say start with that and move up slowly if needed.
Are you saying to replace the secondary cats with Xpipe and the resonator with a straight-pipe? Or straight pipe the cats and X-pipe the resonator?
Old 08-29-2020, 04:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
yes secondary with X pipe and resonators with straight pipe. but start with a simple resonator delete and straight pipe. that's generally what people do since it's cheaper and easier than the secondary delete while still adding sound.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-29-2020, 09:31 PM

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
CLS55
You want the x /h pipe as far forward as possible so the secondary cat location over resonator location. Removing secondary cats may gain you a little power and adding the h pipe or x pipe adds a little power on top end for x pipe (horsepower) and bottom end (torque) for h pipe.. With the m133k we have torque so I went with x pipe. M156 lack torque so I would go h pipe personally..

When you replace headers and remove all the cats the car is very loud with no resonator and only muffler (from my c63 experience). As such maybe you want to leave resonators and try remove secondaries and put in H pipe. The longtube header make this car great if i were you id get those over any exhaust mod. Even if you just want sound for now and happy with power if you anything like me you'll get bored of stock power soon enough lol. But do what you thinks best for you, i just try give some perspective.

Last edited by PieRat; 08-29-2020 at 09:35 PM.