Sponsored by:

Crank pulley separation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 04:55 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Crank pulley separation?

Hey guys I have a CL55 with the M113K, today I started the car and heard a pulley sound so I turned it off and found this. I am pretty sure its broken or about to break

My car is all stock just have a raceiq tune and 010 pump

What do I need to fix this? and can I do it myself? I have changed the radiator and water pump on this car and a couple abc stuff

Old 09-07-2020, 12:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MartinWake
I am pretty sure its broken or about to break
Yes, you need a new crank pulley, new crank pulley bolt, probably new belt(s). You can diy but if you don't do it correctly you could damage your crankshaft / woodruff key amongst other things. You need to preferably use the mercedes tool or a makeshift tool some have made on here to lock the pulley in place for removal/replacement. Need to ensure the new pulley is aligned with the woodruff key on the crankshaft properly before torquing it down to 200Nm + 90 degrees of angle, this is where you might run into trouble. If you're going to get an aftermarket pulley you might want to pin the crank. Also be prepared to replace the oil seal on the timing cover behind the crankshaft pulley if needed, mercedes have a special tool for installing this but maybe you can improvise.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:56 PM

CL55
Originally Posted by supreame
Yes, you need a new crank pulley, new crank pulley bolt, probably new belt(s). You can diy but if you don't do it correctly you could damage your crankshaft / woodruff key amongst other things. You need to preferably use the mercedes tool or a makeshift tool some have made on here to lock the pulley in place for removal/replacement. Need to ensure the new pulley is aligned with the woodruff key on the crankshaft properly before torquing it down to 200Nm + 90 degrees of angle, this is where you might run into trouble. If you're going to get an aftermarket pulley you might want to pin the crank. Also be prepared to replace the oil seal on the timing cover behind the crankshaft pulley if needed, mercedes have a special tool for installing this but maybe you can improvise.
Yeah I am gonna get my mechanic to do it, I just changed one of the belts the other one looks ok.

I found the crank pulley on fcp euro but its $520 a little too much imo

Would this one work? https://www.mbdirectparts.com/oem-pa...UtNWwtdjgtZ2Fz
Old 09-07-2020, 03:32 PM

CL55
nvm that wont fit its only one part of it

this one will fit https://www.mbdirectparts.com/oem-pa...ley-1130300103
Old 09-08-2020, 04:38 PM

CL55
bought a used one 225