M5 Killer?

E65
'nuff said.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stricks
E65
'nuff said.
There's already a thread on the E65. How much will it cost if it comes to fruition. It would be a limited run probably aswell. Hardly M5 price territory if it does, a real shame.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:16 PM

E65
'nuff said.

First lets see if M5 can outrun E55 before brinning E65 into it.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Ditto to what Belmondo says!!

The E55 does a 12.3-12.5 qtr mi. now without mods. With upgraded ecu and pulleys most times I'm seeing around 12.0 - 12.1. An M5 will have a tough time touching that given 4000 lbs and probably not enough trq to launch "HARD" out of the gate. I'm sure it will be quite respectable, but I won't believe M5's are faster until I see it with my own 2 eyes!!
BTW - I really don't care-as the quality and reliability of our E55's I believe is top notch for the performance we're getting. Now lets see if BMW can do THAT!!!

Old 08-17-2004, 11:43 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
E60 M5 is for halucinators & Wannabee's & Kain

Having come from the dark side my only regret is leaving the classic E39 M5 and it's great looks and ahead of the times performance. The new E60 M5 is a bag of gimmickry touted as the best sedan ever with SMG III, I Drive Etc.
They are going to drive themselves crazy in their service departments trying to diagnose 7 Speed SMG problems, V10 engine anomolies, suspension problems etc.. They will have to rev the engine to 8500 rpm to launch and keep the revs up with their 3.50 plus rear end Diff's and the damn thing will be screaming at the top of it's lungs all the time. But the M5 enthusiasts will just love it even though it looks like a Nissan Altima from the front and Rosie O'Donnell from the rear. They will call this "an Aggressive Stance" all in the beloved devoted loyalty to the Roundel. They will claim it outhandles everything let alone an AMG car delusioned that they will be driving it infrequently around mountain roads with their percieved "Feeling the road" mentality. The Direction of BMW, Bangle, Helmut Panke and the rest of those clowns made it easy to change over to AMG!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 AM

Nothing
Originally Posted by Belmondo
First lets see if M5 can outrun E55 before brinning E65 into it.
Which I doubt very much.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by deaguero
Having come from the dark side my only regret is leaving the classic E39 M5 and it's great looks and ahead of the times performance. The new E60 M5 is a bag of gimmickry touted as the best sedan ever with SMG III, I Drive Etc.
They are going to drive themselves crazy in their service departments trying to diagnose 7 Speed SMG problems, V10 engine anomolies, suspension problems etc.. They will have to rev the engine to 8500 rpm to launch and keep the revs up with their 3.50 plus rear end Diff's and the damn thing will be screaming at the top of it's lungs all the time. But the M5 enthusiasts will just love it even though it looks like a Nissan Altima from the front and Rosie O'Donnell from the rear. They will call this "an Aggressive Stance" all in the beloved devoted loyalty to the Roundel. They will claim it outhandles everything let alone an AMG car delusioned that they will be driving it infrequently around mountain roads with their percieved "Feeling the road" mentality. The Direction of BMW, Bangle, Helmut Panke and the rest of those clowns made it easy to change over to AMG!!!

Well said!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:14 AM

04 E55
All they have left is to screw up the 3 series. But give them time.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
E65
'nuff said.
It probably will cost twice as much...

New M5 confirmed numbers are

0-62(100km) in 4.7

0-125 (200km) in 14.4 only 0.2 faster then current E55...
Old 08-20-2004, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by M5 RUS
It probably will cost twice as much...

New M5 confirmed numbers are

0-62(100km) in 4.7

0-125 (200km) in 14.4 only 0.2 faster then current E55...
Who "confirmed" that ? BMW is up against hte wall this time around so no fkn way they will "confirm" the numbers that would show new M5 loosing to the 2yo E55.
When I see production M5 beat E55 that is when it will be "confirmed".
Old 08-20-2004, 04:06 AM

04 E55
Who "confirmed" that ? BMW is up against hte wall this time around so no fkn way they will "confirm" the numbers that would show new M5 loosing to the 2yo E55.
When I see production M5 beat E55 that is when it will be "confirmed".
those number were officially confirmed by M5 design chief in published interview.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:43 PM

Turbo
I love these threads.. Yes the E65 will kill the M5 in a straight line. Yes a simply modded E55 will kill the M5 in a straight line.

Do you guys only enjoy your cars when the road is straight???? I know that's not the case but from these type of threads I'm scared to think so.....

The M5 isn't about 1/4 times and red light racing. The E55 isn't either but it's a car that is VERY good at it. The M5 does the Nurburgring is LESS than 7:55. Now that is a place where you compare cars performance!

However, according to these CONFIRMED figures, the M5 is faster than an E55 in a straight line too. But who really gives a cr*p... :p

AND the E55 is more beautiful than the E60 M5!!!

Oh, btw
Old 08-20-2004, 07:59 PM

2002 MB E55 AMG
"even though it looks like a Nissan Altima from the front and Rosie O'Donnell from the rear. "

Rosie's gonna get you for that one!

TJC
Old 08-20-2004, 08:11 PM

997 Carrera S
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
I love these threads.. Yes the E65 will kill the M5 in a straight line. Yes a simply modded E55 will kill the M5 in a straight line.

Do you guys only enjoy your cars when the road is straight???? I know that's not the case but from these type of threads I'm scared to think so.....

The M5 isn't about 1/4 times and red light racing. The E55 isn't either but it's a car that is VERY good at it. The M5 does the Nurburgring is LESS than 7:55. Now that is a place where you compare cars performance!

However, according to these CONFIRMED figures, the M5 is faster than an E55 in a straight line too. But who really gives a cr*p... :p

AND the E55 is more beautiful than the E60 M5!!!

Oh, btw
Most of us don't drive our cars at Nurburgring. We drive them on public roads.

Last edited by MrBonus; 08-20-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:01 PM

Turbo
Originally Posted by MrBonus
And most of you never turn either?? :p

OBS: KIDDING!!

My point is that the M5 is quicker when the road turns. And a lot of them do.

From these kind of threads it really does sound like all you do is find a red light, wait until it turns green and then mash the accelerator?

I love the E55, I really do. It's just these kinds of threads that make me sick.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't say that the E55/65 kills the M5 just because it's faster from the red lights. You can say that it's faster in a straight line. And I can say that the M5 is faster on the Ring.

blablablabla

I'm SOOO sick of these threads! It's a neverending story...

Oh, btw
Old 08-20-2004, 09:41 PM

Yes that it is a lame argument!!! you don't need to goto the nurburgring to sample any cars handling capabilities. Many claim that all you do is drive on straight freeways but unless you live on the actual freeway and work there too you'll encounter corners and bends somewhere.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by reggid
Yes that it is a lame argument!!! you don't need to goto the nurburgring to sample any cars handling capabilities. Many claim that all you do is drive on straight freeways but unless you live on the actual freeway and work there too you'll encounter corners and bends somewhere.

If thats the case than surly you will provide in you next post all of us here not living on the track with gazillllion links to videos on hte internet and kill stories where
M5 desproyes E55 in the corners or as soon as the road turns . C32 desrtoyed by M3. and so on and on and on. Please links to videos and kill stories "in hte corners".

Here is a link for you as an example on the road that just does not turn, please hte same but with hte corners in it.
Cant wait to see hte video from you of e55 lost on the road turn. thank you.

look, no turns here.........

Last edited by Belmondo; 08-20-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:34 PM

And most of you never turn either?? :p

My point is that the M5 is quicker when the road turns. And a lot of them do.

From these kind of threads it really does sound like all you do is find a red light, wait until it turns green and then mash the accelerator?

I love the E55, I really do. It's just these kinds of threads that make me sick.
hate to say this but have you ever tried this for your sickness?

We "know" M5 is quicker in the corners its just those that own M5 and e55 dont have the chance to prove it in real life to each other. Also sure owners of E55 can put on 19" wheells, change to stiffer roll bars and yadayada yada. What do you have to do for M5 to drive as good as
E55 in our dayly drives--------- put it on 14" wheels?

definitly getting sick from all hte "quick in the corner" BS.
Peptobismol time.
Ciao!

Last edited by Belmondo; 08-20-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:00 PM

I think that every E55 and M5 owner gives a cra p about it. Dont ya think? Ohterwise who gives a cra p about who's "quicker in the corners cra p" or "Nurburgring cra p". ?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:03 PM

997 Carrera S
You're saying that like the E55's handling capabilities are compromised in some way.

The fact remains that it takes seasoned, track-ready drivers to extract the superb handling abilities out of these cars and for the majority of us enthusiasts, the difference is negligible at best.

I'm not denying that there are people here that heavily track their cars and are experienced but speaking for the "rest of us," I think there are few complaints about the handling of any of the AMG line.

I also question the judgement of anyone who is driving any car to its handling limits on public roads.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:42 PM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
These people think a Benz will flip once going round a corner, as if a corner was a Benz nemesis! Idiots.

It takes ***** to go round corners at high speed, not HP. A well driven E55 could beat even the best road handling supercars round a twisty motorway if the driver had serious guts and advanced driving skiils.

Just recently, a Beemer fan in his friends C32 managed to beat an M5, an M3 and an SL55 on a road course, dangerous I know, but his relentlessness to take his car to its absolute limits on the streets, limits that are higher than most drivers, BMW M or AMG, meant he could beat those inherently more capable cars.

BTW, in a discussion on M5board, Kimble who is a rich guy from Europe said the EV12 was very unstable in corners on the motorway dues to the imbalance of the chassis and big 'ol V12 in front. Which is very scary if you think about it. He ended up crashing a few E's E50 AMG's, as well as an EV12! I wouldn't take this 2200kgs E65 if that was the case!
Old 08-21-2004, 06:52 AM

You're saying that like the E55's handling capabilities are compromised in some way.

The fact remains that it takes seasoned, track-ready drivers to extract the superb handling abilities out of these cars and for the majority of us enthusiasts, the difference is negligible at best.

I'm not denying that there are people here that heavily track their cars and are experienced but speaking for the "rest of us," I think there are few complaints about the handling of any of the AMG line.

I also question the judgement of anyone who is driving any car to its handling limits on public roads.
No. Its just that everyone puts down the E60 M5 for its handling abilities saying that its only useable on the track but its rubbish.

You don't need to drive at the limits on public roads or be a pro driver either. Truth be told most road cars on the cornering limit are not fun to drive so i sure don't want to.

Theres a difference between handling and absolute grip!! Handling is about balance, control and feeling what the car is doing and driver involvement. Where grip is absolute cornering speed largely a function tyre quality and a vehicles mass and its location (centre of gravity).

Originally Posted by Bilal
These people think a Benz will flip once going round a corner, as if a corner was a Benz nemesis! Idiots.

It takes ***** to go round corners at high speed, not HP. A well driven E55 could beat even the best road handling supercars round a twisty motorway if the driver had serious guts and advanced driving skiils.

Just recently, a Beemer fan in his friends C32 managed to beat an M5, an M3 and an SL55 on a road course, dangerous I know, but his relentlessness to take his car to its absolute limits on the streets, limits that are higher than most drivers, BMW M or AMG, meant he could beat those inherently more capable cars.

BTW, in a discussion on M5board, Kimble who is a rich guy from Europe said the EV12 was very unstable in corners on the motorway dues to the imbalance of the chassis and big 'ol V12 in front. Which is very scary if you think about it. He ended up crashing a few E's E50 AMG's, as well as an EV12! I wouldn't take this 2200kgs E65 if that was the case!
No one said MB are crap handlers and that they will flip. I think your reading into it a bit much. That same driver in the well driven E55 you say would be faster in those supercars so I'm comparing cars, not drivers, actually i'm not even really comparing cars.

Lets be truthful the E60 M5 will highly likely redefine the 4 door sports sedan in just about every facet but it will also make the guys at AMG produce better E**'s to compete against it, isn't that what we want. Sure you can't safely extract the full potential of the M5 on the street but the same is true of the E55 they are both designed for Autobahns which are not as common in most countries as they are in Germany. You can still enjoy them though. Give the M5 credit where its due!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:51 AM

Turbo
you don't need to goto the nurburgring to sample any cars handling capabilities.
No you don't need to go there but to say that the Nurburgring isn't a place where you can compare handling capabilities of different cars is just plain wrong.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:59 AM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
The only good thing about the M5 is its engine. Thats it.

Putting such a sporty engine in a 4 door saloon and doing laps of the Nurburgring is almost comparabale to a Modena with massaging seats and air suspension.

The M5 is too hardcore to be an everday saloon and is a 4 door saloon trying to be a sportscar.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:03 AM

Turbo
I think that every E55 and M5 owner gives a cra p about it. Dont ya think? Ohterwise who gives a cra p about who's "quicker in the corners cra p" or "Nurburgring cra p". ?
I was trying to be sarcastic, noticed the :p ?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5 Killer?