Sponsored by:

Sat radio on Euro Spec command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
Sat radio on Euro Spec command

Has SAT radio been enabled on the Euro Spec head unit? I read the difference on Steve's web page about the two units but it said that it is possible that Star diagnosis can activate it. Has it been done and is it possible to do?

Thanks,
Old 08-18-2004, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by dgussin1
Has SAT radio been enabled on the Euro Spec head unit? I read the difference on Steve's web page about the two units but it said that it is possible that Star diagnosis can activate it. Has it been done and is it possible to do?

Thanks,
Not yet, I think the page needs an update with all the new information we've found, however it would be nice to add the information on 2005 units (when someone let's us take one apart...).

Star Diagnosis can't activate it, sorry.

The one thing that can be done is to update a Euro unit with the US firmware, which will then give you satellite radio capability. But you'll lose use of the DVD drive and any video capability.

-s-
Old 08-18-2004, 08:36 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
Ok how about this, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. Assuming that the US Spec. Command system has the TV tuner option is it possible for you or Steve to add an auxiliary video adapter to the TV tuner harness? It seems possible and with that being accomplished you could now add a dvd changer.

Please elaborate if this can be accomplished if so I am definitely interested and I bet a lot of other E class or ECE command owners would be interested.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by dgussin1
Ok how about this, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. Assuming that the US Spec. Command system has the TV tuner option is it possible for you or Steve to add an auxiliary video adapter to the TV tuner harness? It seems possible and with that being accomplished you could now add a dvd changer.

Please elaborate if this can be accomplished if so I am definitely interested and I bet a lot of other E class or ECE command owners would be interested.

Thanks
I just answered this for you in e-mail.

Would have preferred to have posted it here for everyone...

ECE COMAND for W211 = video, no satellite
US COMAND for W211 = satellite, no video/DVD video/tv tuner

This is based on information at this time. Things change, usually not quickly though...

-s-
Old 10-20-2004, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Please let me know too once you open up one of the 2005 head units. I'd love to have the best of all worlds, DVD, TV, and satellite.

Thanks,
Gareth
Old 10-29-2004, 03:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
Please let me know too once you open up one of the 2005 head units. I'd love to have the best of all worlds, DVD, TV, and satellite.
NOT possible

greetingz,