Sponsored by:

going with renntech...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going with renntech...

talked to brad at evo and was really helpful but i am getting a discount through a friend for renntech so its a no-brainer. plus, with my 7.4 renntech, mercedes seems to be really understanding about renntech modding so there's a little extra piece of mind there. sending the car down to get ecu, pulleys and airbox/filters plus 4 dyno runs to truely tune the car for optimum tuning. its about 550hp and 620+/- (i think) tq. they ill put some headers on later and see what the difference is. one thing he told me was that the mb trans starts to act funny at around 600hp without some serious mods to it. we'll see.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Peter B
talked to brad at evo and was really helpful but i am getting a discount through a friend for renntech so its a no-brainer. plus, with my 7.4 renntech, mercedes seems to be really understanding about renntech modding so there's a little extra piece of mind there. sending the car down to get ecu, pulleys and airbox/filters plus 4 dyno runs to truely tune the car for optimum tuning. its about 550hp and 620+/- (i think) tq. they ill put some headers on later and see what the difference is. one thing he told me was that the mb trans starts to act funny at around 600hp without some serious mods to it. we'll see.

Good pick! But you had a 7.4L R129 so you know what RENNtech is all about!

That last part about the trans is true but you dont see other tuners worrying about it. The car might work but it comes down to how long it will last. 550 hp will be more than enough!

Post those Dyno plots when you get them!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:22 PM

MB E55 2004
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Good pick! But you had a 7.4L R129 so you know what RENNtech is all about!

That last part about the trans is true but you dont see other tuners worrying about it. The car might work but it comes down to how long it will last. 550 hp will be more than enough!

Post those Dyno plots when you get them!
The info on the trans is true, when I do the NOS shot it delays big time everytime it goed from on gear to the other.

Regards,
Manuel
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Peter B
talked to brad at evo and was really helpful but i am getting a discount through a friend for renntech so its a no-brainer.
can i get the same discount?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:04 AM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
EPOWER
Can you tell me about the NOS shot. I am interested in adding it and I would like to know what model will work and how you set it up. Any info would be appeciated.