Sponsored by:

Renntech Stage1 complete!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Renntech Stage1 complete!

First and foremost, I would like to thank Ubey at Renntech for being so dedicated to his work and making sure I got my ECU back on time. Please keep in mind that the Hurricane was en route to their facility (West Palm Beach, FL) and a mandatory evacuation was set for that area. Ubey made sure he completed my ECU and sent the pulley out before he went home to evacuate. My prayers go out to him, Renntech crew and all the folks in that region. Renntech has a customer for life now!

Now, the ECU arrive on Friday AM to VA and naturally I was PUMPED. I was very nervous because my wife advised me that she tried to start my car the day before (no ECU in car) so she can move my car. Anyway, installed the ECU and no errors or messages. I had the ECU in car for about 6 hours before install of pulley (had to wait til my Engineer go off work) and noticed the car was running a bit rich.

The pulley install is actually quite easy once you know where everything is. Took me and my engineer 3 hours for install. If we had a lift, actual time would have been about 1/2 that.

Once installed, we took the Beast out. Intially I didn't feel any difference thus was dissapointed. Once I put about 25 miles or so on the car, she became a totally new car (strange it took so long). Throttle response is better, kickdown from 3rd to 2nd at around 45mph triggers ESP for about a full second. I didn't get that in stock form. Off the line launch is even harder now because you burn rubber throughout the entire first gear. High end is improved noticeably. All in all, very satisfied and money well spent.

THANK YOU RENNTECH and wish you and your families all safety and good health!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
glad to hear about the great experience. The staff over there at RENNTech are very dedicated to customer satisfaction. With the stage 1 you should notice a lot more torque at higher RPMs too. Ive had the RENNTech stage 1 (ecu and pulley kit) on my C32 for a couple of months already and it totally changed my car. I am going back for more mods in the next comming months. Oh and Ubey is a real cool guy!!! :v
Old 09-04-2004, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
congratulations , I would like to ask about the ECU, how much hp and torque do the programmed ECU generates?

thank you and happy driving
Old 09-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Vic

Congrats. Sounds like fun!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Glad you like it. My car is going in next week for the same treatment.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:37 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
Sounds interesting. My 05 will arrive in three weeks and I live a short distance from WPB. What is the cost if Renntech does the install, and more importantly how does it affect the factory warranty?????/
Old 09-06-2004, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by eagleeye
Sounds interesting. My 05 will arrive in three weeks and I live a short distance from WPB. What is the cost if Renntech does the install, and more importantly how does it affect the factory warranty?????/

shouldnt effect your factory warantee!! Dealership wouldnt knwo the difference anyways.. plus MB of Ft Lauderdale, MB of Miami, and Bill Ussery Motors are all RENNTech dealers too and sell some cars with RENNTech mods already installed.