Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibration

for about two hours I was driving on a beautiful smooth road -I-10 in missisippi and florida at between 80 to 110 occassionally. There was a sudden change in the feel of the car at around 100 or so, as if it really didn't want to go anymore than that , with a sense of the wind buffeting the car and some vibration. Didn't happen at 80 ,and so continued to destination. The next morning the tpm showed a drop in the psi of 5 and found a nail in the left rear tire, which was repaired at a big tire shop. The guy was really gentle with the removal of the tire, which was sort of a big pain and quite tight, and after I saw the tpm and the hole in the tire. I went into the reception room and didn't watch the tire being put on.
Subsequently, there has been a rumble starting from 60 on up to 80 with any more speed being really uncomfortable, with the seat vibrating as did the entire car, but not really the steering wheel.Had to drive three hundred miles like that. So dreary. My driving is mostly city and I was really looking forward to a smooth road for a long time. There are weights on all the wheels and the car raises and lowers as before and I think that the airmatic is functioning, so I guess it ought to be just the wheel out of balance, or maybe some damage to the wheel itself when the tire was put on.
will keep posting.