W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have RENNtech HHT with an upgraded blower pulley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Anybody have RENNtech HHT with an upgraded blower pulley?

How is the Renntech tune? I have done the EC tune before and liked it, but I am thinking to go with the RENNtech with this car. I know that have the biggest and longest reputation with Benz tuning, so feel good about that.

What are the gains folks are seeing with their HHT? With the pulley upgrade?
Old 08-25-2021, 08:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC43, 2009 e350, 2006 e55
I have had the HHT & tune from Renntech for a year now on my 06 e55. The HHT is super easy to use. You can flash from stock to tuned at any time and the tune is great. The car is smoother & definitely makes more power & torque. I don't have any actual dyno numbers.

But..here is what I found out yesterday(8/24) from Renntech: I recently installed Maximizer long tube headers and requested a Re-tune. They do not have an existing tune for Maximizer or any ARH design long tubes. If they do not have a tune on file that matches your upgrades, they will not make adjustments to your tune. To get a tune done, you have to travel to their site in Stuart, FL for a dyno session. Unfortunately, that's a 12h one way trip for me. So, I'll have to change tuners to get the adjustments I need from the addition of the headers. The car runs good now with the Renntech tune I have and the long tubes, but I think it could be tweaked to run even better.

I would check with them to see if they have a blower pulley tune available before you pull the trigger. From what I've seen, Renntech pulleys are crank pulleys and not blower pulleys.
The following users liked this post:
AudiologyVA (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Does the RENNtech flash HHT not take into account added fuel / air (with the increased boost, 1-2psi with the SCP)? Essentially, whether the crank pulley or SCP, it's increase pressure so in the end, RENNtech's tune should take that into account whether it is the crank or blower pulley.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 08-25-2021, 01:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC43, 2009 e350, 2006 e55
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about that way. Boost should be Boost. Regardless of what generates it. I'm just saying he may want to check with them before he makes the purchase to be sure. They might differentiate between available tunes. I do know that after adding the long tubes, mine was running kinda flaky at heavy throttle. I did the reset(key in pposition1, hold pedal t the floor, etc..) and now it's running much better. I think it's adapting the more I hammer on it. So you are probably correct.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by MBeSport09
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about that way. Boost should be Boost. Regardless of what generates it. I'm just saying he may want to check with them before he makes the purchase to be sure. They might differentiate between available tunes. I do know that after adding the long tubes, mine was running kinda flaky at heavy throttle. I did the reset(key in pposition1, hold pedal t the floor, etc..) and now it's running much better. I think it's adapting the more I hammer on it. So you are probably correct.
My curiosity got the best of me so I emailed RENNtech to see what they say. I specifically asked if it makes a difference between the supercharger pulley or crank pulley increasing the boost and if their tune is made to take that into account, or if the HHT is simply just a tune without any other mods on the car (an otherwise stock car). Will post back!

The 83mm and tune combo is a night and day difference in driveability and increase in HP/TQ.