W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88mm super charger pulley on stock E55 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55 AMG
88mm super charger pulley on stock E55 ?

Hi guys,
I’ve had to bring my E55 back to stock since I have a date with the state ref.

I currently can not locate my stock supercharger pulley and new ones are $1k+

What I do have is a 88mm UDP super charger pulley.
I was wondering if I can use that with a stock tune/setup and if there are any adverse affects of having a 2mm smaller super charger pulley for a short time period ?

If using the 88mm pulley short term is ok then what about using it long term, would that risk damaging the motor/supercharger ?
Thank you

Last edited by fruitsalt; 02-13-2022 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:18 PM

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts
14 E63s AMG, 03 E55 AMG, 13 GL63 AMG, 95 M3
You're fine short term, just don't push it to full boost or get it on a dyno etc, the ecu shouldn't notice a big difference when driving.

I wouldn't run long term because it can possibly mess with your fuel trims too much, and could shut you down for an over-boost condition when driving hard.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:32 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
The 88mm is designed as an upgraded OEM replacement supercharger pulley. 2mm is about the same as changing to high flow air filters and your ECU has room to adjust for small changes . Just like it does for air intakes or high flow filters. The 88mm is a lot lighter being made out of billet , so you will free up power by reducing the rotating mass a lot of the supercharger pulley and that also does not effect the tune. I

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 02-15-2022, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by GinDistiller
You're fine short term, just don't push it to full boost or get it on a dyno etc, the ecu shouldn't notice a big difference when driving.

I wouldn't run long term because it can possibly mess with your fuel trims too much, and could shut you down for an over-boost condition when driving hard.
Thank you, I just need to make my state ref appointment and then can look for a genuine one.

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
The 88mm is designed as an upgraded OEM replacement supercharger pulley. 2mm is about the same as changing to high flow air filters and your ECU has room to adjust for small changes . Just like it does for air intakes or high flow filters. The 88mm is a lot lighter being made out of billet , so you will free up power by reducing the rotating mass a lot of the supercharger pulley and that also does not effect the tune. I
Thank you for the input, I will use the 88mm to make my appointment.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Exotic nailed it, but you will be fine with the 88mm. You'd have to have a damn good 'butt dyno' to feel a power difference though, especially with no tune!