Sponsored by:

Fuel Tank Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 09:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 E63
Fuel Tank Warranty

I have a 2007 E63 and I took it to the dealer because I was smelling gas outside the car.

They checked it and told me the fuel pump and secondary sender unit need to be replaced, but since the fuel tank itself is fine it is not covered under the warranty. This makes no sense to me, I was under the impression that the components in the fuel tank are covered.

Has anyone had any experience with this, it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 350. merc benz
fuel tank leaks

[QUOTE=desertfrog;8536963]I have a 2007 E63 and I took it to the dealer because I was smelling gas outside the car.

They checked it and told me the fuel pump and secondary sender unit need to be replaced, but since the fuel tank itself is fine it is not covered under the warranty. This makes no sense to me, I was under the impression that the components in the fuel tank are covered.

Has anyone had any experience with this, it doesn't make sense to me. I was under that the fuel tank was under factory butt no. Now my car is been down for 45 days or more sits at Mercedes Benz car lit with no repairs. I'm so upset. Looking for new tank. And fuel pump