W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M5 video VS E55 video

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 sport
the M5 link doesnt work anymore
Old 10-01-2004, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
It has been qouted by BMW official that unrestricted M5 can reach 330km...the M5 in the video was restricted to 270km...+it was not pushed to the limits...so we cant say who was faster...

Of course all E55 owners want to know that E55 is faster...and dont forget that the guy who is in charge of M division NOW...comes from AMG... he know E55 power...

M5 is definately a bit faster then E55...It cant be otherwise...when E63 will come out it will be faster then M5...and so on....FOREVER

So those who want to be faster need to get CHIP and PULLIES...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 10-01-2004 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
It has been qouted by BMW official that unrestricted M5 can reach 330km...the M5 in the video was restricted to 270km...+it was not pushed to the limits...so we cant say who was faster...

Of course all E55 owners want to know that E55 is faster...and dont forget that the guy who is in charge of M division NOW...comes from AMG... he know E55 power...

M5 is definately a bit faster then E55...It cant be otherwise...when E63 will come out it will be faster then M5...and so on....FOREVER

So those who want to be faster need to get CHIP and PULLIES...

The above video's just proved you wrong, the E55 is indeed faster from a roll. hehehe Data hurts.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Belmondo
Dufus, autocar had nothing to do with E55K, what does Kleeman have to do with autocar reprinted numbers? Check your head by a local chinese doctor may be you need tigers pe nis remedy or monkey ***** drink to make you snap out of the BS you are swimming in.
geez, a tad too cruel
Old 10-01-2004, 11:52 AM

Dufus, autocar had nothing to do with E55K, what does Kleeman have to do with autocar reprinted numbers? Check your head by a local chinese doctor may be you need tigers pe nis remedy or monkey ***** drink to make you snap out of the BS you are swimming in.
Hey Moron, I meant the comparison between E55 and M5 by Autocar. Those mpeg video can be easily speed up and slow down by using program like MS movie maker.

O and are we going in racist debate from car debate? I think this moron should be banned if there is any mod in this board.

Last edited by MikeHK; 10-01-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by E55JAY
The above video's just proved you wrong, the E55 is indeed faster from a roll. hehehe Data hurts.
It is so much easier to prove that this is nonsense by concluding which car is faster by 2 different video. I think some of the members on this board are out of their mind for refusing to accept data posted by Autocar while believing comparing video is legit.

And really....it is funny, DATA HURTS!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:04 PM

thats a nice conclusion, pity it is based on nothing

MikeHK you hit the nail right on the head, only when it suits them will they believe anything.........damn kids
Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
is there a new link for the M5 vid?? the one on the original post displays an error message...thanks
Old 10-02-2004, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Old 10-02-2004, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by MikeHK
Hey Moron, I meant the comparison between E55 and M5 by Autocar. Those mpeg video can be easily speed up and slow down by using program like MS movie maker.

O and are we going in racist debate from car debate? I think this moron should be banned if there is any mod in this board.

I wish there was a program to slow down all your BS production here, what's wrong with you?
Old 10-02-2004, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by reggid
thats a nice conclusion, pity it is based on nothing

MikeHK you hit the nail right on the head, only when it suits them will they believe anything.........damn kids
Actually Im not sure who you were referring to as a kid...but you are speaking to a grown man here, since you decided to quote me. My data that I was referring to was the two videos we have here, the one that the E55 from 200-270kmh absolutely tromps the M5 in similar acceleration video, Im not talking about a high school pissing match over a magazine article, Iam talking about actual data. The E55 had it by over 8 seconds!!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 01:35 AM

Actually Im not sure who you were referring to as a kid...but you are speaking to a grown man here, since you decided to quote me. My data that I was referring to was the two videos we have here, the one that the E55 from 200-270kmh absolutely tromps the M5 in similar acceleration video, Im not talking about a high school pissing match over a magazine article, Iam talking about actual data. The E55 had it by over 8 seconds!!!!
You are a grown man physically but the way you look at and deal with thing is like a kid. The 2 videos, taken in 2 different locations, 2 different drivers and from what I know, the M5 video was taken where these people were only having a test drive (probably the first time he got into the E60 M5). In addition, you seem to overlook (or don't care) the fact that the video could be speeded up or slowed down, as said above, it could be done easily.

Just look at the noise generated by posts of the M5 pulled the E55 by 11 to 15 CL and AutoCar numbers, I think the way some members reacted are totally childish in objecting those data provided by some respected mag, yet convinced by some home made video by some fellow E55 owner.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:53 AM

Hey kid, guess what, I have something you want to hear for you. When I have time, I will record the clips of the M5 and the E55 reversely, so you can start another thread here having a title,

THE E55 not only beat the New M5 going forward but GOING BACKWARD as well.

how does that sound?

I will make sure you have enough DATA to prove the E55 is going faster in reverse than the M5
Old 10-02-2004, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by RJC
The new 6.3 NA MB engine will be much larger than the 5's to produce the same or a bit more power, but will also have more torque which means it will be better suited for the US...so you can leave the local traffic light with more twist than the smaller engined BMW and wave goodbye.
Absolutely agree. In fact, I think for North American driving, even the E55 is more suitable for my use than the M5.

Would a small displacement, highly tuned engine be lighter hence offering better balance and handling? Of course, but it will also be generally noisier which is not something I desire in my sedan, ceteris paribus. I want effortless acceleration (read lots of low end torque) in my daily workhorse and I'm more than happy to trade off a little handling and throttle response.

Heck I hardly ever late brake on public roads, I rather have BMW sacrifice a little bit of brake cooling and give me back my fog lights for driving in bad weather.

For the same reason, I rather have a front engine car for better packaging as my workhorse instead of a mid engine vehicle which will offer superior braking and driving dynamics.

It's all about compromises and it depends on ones priorities. This is not a dream car debate but we're simply sharing our opinions on why we like what we have chosen for our use.

Nevertheless, it's interesting to read so many self-righteous BMW fans taking on a mission to come to the E55 forum to educate current E55 owners how they feel the M5 is superior for them. I find it intriguing to see so many self proclaimed car enthusiasts doing so much preaching before even seeing the car in real life, let alone test driving one.

I suppose my E55 is my passion, while BMW is their religion?
Old 10-02-2004, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by W210

Nevertheless, it's interesting to read so many self-righteous BMW fans taking on a mission to come to the E55 forum to educate current E55 owners how they feel the M5 is superior for them. I find it intriguing to see so many self proclaimed car enthusiasts doing so much preaching before even seeing the car in real life, let alone test driving one.

I suppose my E55 is my passion, while BMW is their religion?

Please read who and how he started this thread on an unprofessional comparison between the two. I love BMW but I also like MB, in fact, I like cars in general, there is nothing to defend for the upcoming M5 and we as the end users buy vote with our money what suit us the most.

I for one haven't seen the car in real life and yes you are right, I haven't drove one yet. So most of the PROCLAIMED CAR ENTHUSIASTS including myself, make our judgement based on whatever is out there, ie. car mags review etc... But then, on the other hand, if you E55 owners without seeing one in real life, let alone test driving one, how could you degrade the M5? You are slapping your own lips while you talking.

By making comparison like this while denying spec from car mags review just doesn't make sense to me. To me, you people look so much like a frog under the well, seeing only this tiny part of the world and think it is all.

I also find it funny how KAIN got banned so many times by trolling, and this belmondo guy is not. Basically they are doing the same thing but in different camps. I am not saying the board should keep jerks like KAIN, but should troll like belmondo be banned as well?

Or this board is just for shoe shine boy who shine each other shoes?
Old 10-02-2004, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Please read who and how he started this thread on an unprofessional comparison between the two. I love BMW but I also like MB, in fact, I like cars in general, there is nothing to defend for the upcoming M5 and we as the end users buy vote with our money what suit us the most.

I for one haven't seen the car in real life and yes you are right, I haven't drove one yet. So most of the PROCLAIMED CAR ENTHUSIASTS including myself, make our judgement based on whatever is out there, ie. car mags review etc... But then, on the other hand, if you E55 owners without seeing one in real life, let alone test driving one, how could you degrade the M5? You are slapping your own lips while you talking.

By making comparison like this while denying spec from car mags review just doesn't make sense to me. To me, you people look so much like a frog under the well, seeing only this tiny part of the world and think it is all.

I also find it funny how KAIN got banned so many times by trolling, and this belmondo guy is not. Basically they are doing the same thing but in different camps. I am not saying the board should keep jerks like KAIN, but should troll like belmondo be banned as well?

Or this board is just for shoe shine boy who shine each other shoes?

Your shining shoe example is a poor one as this is a social community where we do not get tips like shoe shiners from pleasing other E55 enthusiasts.

However, to a certain degree you are correct, we come here to largely share our passion about our E55 so it is more appropriate to call us obsessive communal shoe shiners perhaps? Likewise, there exist many other communities where people like to scratch each other's back or share other common interests.

From reading most of the posts you have written about your proclaimed interest in MB and other cars in general, I cannot recall reading any positive experience you have shared, expect being forced to drive a W211 provided by the company.

Regarding my disappointment of the M5, if you recall, most of my concerns are the same poor ergonomics and atheistic issues carried over from the regular 5 series. To you who had never used an in-car phone may be perfectly happy with the telematics in the iDrive, for me, it is a complete failure as it does not allow alphanumeric dialling. However, I personally have not given up on the car which is why I still have a deposit on the waiting list.

Choosing a car is largely a very personal matter with people having different priorities. It is unfair and arrogant on your part to act (your frog analogy) as if you are the wise one having seen the world possessing the wisdom to tell others what is a better car. I have not seen the video of the E55 and M5 and do not think it means much to me. However, I when I read so many posts by the same BMW advocates repeating the same M5-is-the-king-and-you-better-accept-it, it gets dry very quickly in this community.

By all means, share your enthusiasm with others on the BMW boards, but why bother wasting your time here? These internet message boards are not about 'making sense' but rather, they are about members being sociable discussing common hobbies. I would find myself rather rude if I were to go to the BMW boards, belittling their cars and talk non-stop about how my E55 looks better than the new BMWs to me.

In a community where people share common interests, belmondo is at a different level compared to KAIN here as he at least appreciates what most of us do. Of course, if belmondo was in a BMW community, he should expect the same treatment as KAIN. If you cannot see the difference, then I think you are taking it all too seriously.

End of my weekly MB dose.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
You are a grown man physically but the way you look at and deal with thing is like a kid. The 2 videos, taken in 2 different locations, 2 different drivers and from what I know, the M5 video was taken where these people were only having a test drive (probably the first time he got into the E60 M5). In addition, you seem to overlook (or don't care) the fact that the video could be speeded up or slowed down, as said above, it could be done easily.

Just look at the noise generated by posts of the M5 pulled the E55 by 11 to 15 CL and AutoCar numbers, I think the way some members reacted are totally childish in objecting those data provided by some respected mag, yet convinced by some home made video by some fellow E55 owner.
This is your argument , your comeback?...lol..you are a magizine are a racer....

Last edited by JAYCL600; 10-02-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Hey kid, guess what, I have something you want to hear for you. When I have time, I will record the clips of the M5 and the E55 reversely, so you can start another thread here having a title,

THE E55 not only beat the New M5 going forward but GOING BACKWARD as well.

how does that sound?

I will make sure you have enough DATA to prove the E55 is going faster in reverse than the M5
I await the data...funny how you are so upset to call me a kid, you really are bent out of shape here over the data, it must really hurt. Just curious...what kind of car do you drive?
Old 10-02-2004, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
You must be blind or were watching different video--------LCD speedo shows 308kl/h
and temperature 27.5C while hand on speedometer almost touches 320km/h
Actually, Lasix gave me better than 20/20 vision. I watched the video again. It ends at 32 seconds, with the digital speedo showing 299.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:51 AM

This is your argument , your comeback?...lol..you are a magizine are a racer....
If I am a magazine racer, would that make you a video clips racer?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:15 AM

I await the data...funny how you are so upset to call me a kid, you really are bent out of shape here over the data, it must really hurt. Just curious...what kind of car do you drive?
To make myself clear, I wasn't upset at all. I must also admit I doubt the 11 - 15 CL review to be true as much as I doubt your comparison between the 2 videos. I believe the M5 will be faster, as you believe in E55.

I drive a W211 E320 in Hong Kong, which is a company car that I don't get to choose. I agree it is a more suitable car for me to drive clients around, but I perfer a BMW myself. Does that make a MB a bad car because I don't prefer it? Don't think so. What I am disappointed about is, this board only accept a certain type of comment. I openly made comment on the current BMW design, out of all the latest model, I only fall for the Z4 instantly. I still can't get over the 7, 5 is somehow Aisan. M5board seems to more open to different opinions, and I like that. I come here want to learn about MB cars, E55 in specific, what I found are mostly road kills story or owners' compliments to each other how good looking, how fast their cars are, how an E55 owns a M5, or how one can mod his E55 to own the new M5. Any opinions other than these would be classifed as troll, and I think this is non-sense.

You still haven't answer my question, how could you be convinced by "INACCUATE" videos but keep denying mag numbers. I am not saying the DATA from mag are correct, but prove to everyone how accuate the videos are. It is sad and disappointed somehow learning people on this board only listen to what they want to listen.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by enzom
Actually, Lasix gave me better than 20/20 vision. I watched the video again. It ends at 32 seconds, with the digital speedo showing 299.
you mustn't have downloaded the whole thing
Old 10-02-2004, 11:44 AM

My data that I was referring to was the two videos we have here, the one that the E55 from 200-270kmh absolutely tromps the M5 in similar acceleration video, Im not talking about a high school pissing match over a magazine article, Iam talking about actual data. The E55 had it by over 8 seconds!!!!

How accurate are the speedos? Are the cars modded? What tyres are they using? What are ambient conditions? Were they both on flat ground? What fuel was used? Was there a head/tailwind? Were both drivers going WOT? Was the e55 on blocks...lol? How were the videos recorded? Can you actually determine when the needle passes a point with enough accuracy?

The beauty of a head to head test on test track or street means that a lot of these questions don't need answering

Its ok to speculate, but don't talk like it is factual. Its a bit like testing a cars 0-60 time with a stop watch while your driving.... its just not accurate enough.

despite your claimed 8 second difference i'm far from convinced either way nor do i care about accelerating from 200-270km/h, 100-160km/h sure but those videos are pointless....its way too fast for the street.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90

E55Jay

Good one. Ask him what cars he ever owned in his whole life.
How dare he come to educate the E55 owners?
cnt
Old 10-02-2004, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
To make myself clear, I wasn't upset at all. I must also admit I doubt the 11 - 15 CL review to be true as much as I doubt your comparison between the 2 videos. I believe the M5 will be faster, as you believe in E55.

I drive a W211 E320 in Hong Kong, which is a company car that I don't get to choose. I agree it is a more suitable car for me to drive clients around, but I perfer a BMW myself. Does that make a MB a bad car because I don't prefer it? Don't think so. What I am disappointed about is, this board only accept a certain type of comment. I openly made comment on the current BMW design, out of all the latest model, I only fall for the Z4 instantly. I still can't get over the 7, 5 is somehow Aisan. M5board seems to more open to different opinions, and I like that. I come here want to learn about MB cars, E55 in specific, what I found are mostly road kills story or owners' compliments to each other how good looking, how fast their cars are, how an E55 owns a M5, or how one can mod his E55 to own the new M5. Any opinions other than these would be classifed as troll, and I think this is non-sense.

You still haven't answer my question, how could you be convinced by "INACCUATE" videos but keep denying mag numbers. I am not saying the DATA from mag are correct, but prove to everyone how accuate the videos are. It is sad and disappointed somehow learning people on this board only listen to what they want to listen.
Actually I do quite a bit of racing from DE's to my extensive history drag racing since I was 16 (31 now feelin old), so I know alot about data...I actually have alot of it on my own vehicle from rear wheel horsepower figures to actual time slips. So Iam familiar with racing an data in general. I also admitted that the videos were innacurate, but they were not close in any way...and in my opinion I think from a roll the M5 is owned... And I have no problem stating that it is my OPINION that the E55 is faster than the M5 in a straight line. But it is childish to call me a kid, for I never mad any derogatory comments towards yourself. I never knocked your opinion did I? But the real difference between you and I is that I actually go to the races and actually drive the cars you are talking about to acquire my data. Now I could stoop to your level and talk about your E320...but I wouldnt do that

Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: M5 video VS E55 video