EVO XR 2.0 Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 12:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W212 E550 4Matic, W211 E55 AMG
EVO XR 2.0 Help

Hi guys,

So I have a 2005 E55. I have the bi xenon without afs. I came up with this great idea (or so I thought) to swap in evo xr 2.0 projectors since my light output was horrible and my lenses needed to be changed.

So I removed the headlights, opened them up. I then removed the original E55 projectors and put in the exo xr 2.0. The projectors went in exactly like the original ones. I was feeling good, then not so much. My first problem was the original connector didn't seem to fit into the evo xr 2.0 projector.

Ok, so I assume I have to cut the original plug that plugs into the projector and replace it with the one that comes with the evo xr 2.0. as see here? Would that work?

So I left that for right now. Next problem I found is that the original d2s ignitor didn't fit. It wont connect to the back of the bulb.

I ended up just changing the lenses so I can figure this out. I am hoping a few of you have done this and can help me out.

I also noticed that some if the internal wiring was brittle and when I moved it around, some of the plastic over the wires started breaking so I wrapped some electrical tape for now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what I am left with right now. Light output was better since I changed the lenses but still pretty horrible.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts
mgLipGD
I can assist you. I have tons of pics I can share. I don’t recall the connector not being correct but for sure the internal wires are brittle and will crack. I ended up buying all new OE lights to open and swap. You will need to either rewire/repin or better insulate vs using elec tape.

Check you PMs for my phone number.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55
I just did this 2 months ago. You are right about having to cut the original plug on the projector and wiring it the plug on the evo projector. To connect the ignitor to the bulb, I used D2S/D2R to AMP harnesses that I bought on Amazon.

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-25-2022, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 2005 Crossfire SRT-6
I too did this last year but I have AFS so it there was more customization. You can de-pin the harness and reuse the wires with the new connector housing if your wires are not too brittle. I had to rewire all of the little black wires on mine. As for the ignitor you can reuse the stock ignitors by breaking off the four locking/locating tabs from the ignitor. It will still lock on to the new bulb and contact plate securely with ease.