Sponsored by:

Fluidampr M113K Crankshaft Pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E55
Fluidampr M113K Crankshaft Pulley

Hello everyone I am here to gauge some interest regarding a reliable aftermarket replacement for the M113/M113K Cranshaft Pulley. I've used Fluidampr products on nearly all my previous builds and recently acquiring a beautiful '04 E55 with 150K miles, I'd like to do the same since these are unfortunately a common replacement part due to the rubber separation.

For those that don't know about the company, here's a link to their website. https://fluidampr.com/company/
I don't work for the company but I have a great relationship with them and have been using their products for a little over 5 years.

The product that I'd want to develop with them would be an OE replacement with the option to exchange the supercharger pulley in case anyone would want to go to a bigger size if needed. Same pulley could possibly be used without the supercharger pulley to work on the N/A engines as well. Pending high interest in the product, we could see a price similar to the OEM price range (around $500 USD)

Feel free to add some input to this thread, I'll possibly post this on FB as well just to get as much interest as possible.
I don't have a timeframe regarding this, I've just placed an order for an OEM pulley from FCP Euro to hold me off until next time around or if I decide to make modifications to my car.

Thanks guys!
The following users liked this post:
nemiro (07-11-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 465 Likes on 403 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
I used a similar product before on a Mini Cooper S R53 John Cooper Works (supercharged inline 4) and could not believe the difference it made. Power delivery + idling was way smoother afterwards. Off course, a V8 is already better balanced, but It probably could still have benefits.

Picture album for people interested > https://secure.flickr.com/photos/and...57714537601506

For the Mini I bought an ATI Super Damper (2% oversize)

Weighed it against stock

Damper in place

Old 07-11-2022, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts
2019 Jeep Trackhawk, 2002 CLK55, 2014 911 Carrera
I had ATI make me a custom SuperDamper for my NA M113 a couple years ago, and then I had them make a bolt-on pulley when I swapped my CLK to a M113k. Here are a few things I learned along the way. Most of them are probably specific to ATI, but they are all good things to be aware of, even if you have Fluidamper make a setup.
  1. ATI would do one-off customs a few years ago. Now they want a 10 item minimum order
  2. They already had the engineering for a "6.2 AMG" that had all the same dimensions as my M113 damper. (I sent mine in for verification) Refer to their internal drawing number SK260G1 if you contact them.
  3. The smallest they could make the OD was 6.78", which is 18% overdriven from stock. This requires a smaller water pump pulley.
  4. The bolt-on supercharger pulley can only be a minimum dia of 7.272" (about 185mm). This requires a stepped water pump pulley. Refer to their internal drawing number SK260G6 if you contact them.
  5. The large damper and SC pulley make it difficult to use the main accessory belt tensioner. The little hex-shaped lug hits the pulley when there is no belt. It clears fine when a belt is on, but changing belts becomes a challenge.

The following 2 users liked this post by JoeJErnst:
nd-photo.nl (07-11-2022), nemiro (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 465 Likes on 403 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
How did it transform your ride?
Old 07-11-2022, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts
2019 Jeep Trackhawk, 2002 CLK55, 2014 911 Carrera
Originally Posted by nd-photo.nl
How did it transform your ride?
No idea. I only did it because I need a damper that is SFI certified to pass NHRA tech.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes E55
?

Originally Posted by Demesio
Hello everyone I am here to gauge some interest regarding a reliable aftermarket replacement for the M113/M113K Cranshaft Pulley. I've used Fluidampr products on nearly all my previous builds and recently acquiring a beautiful '04 E55 with 150K miles, I'd like to do the same since these are unfortunately a common replacement part due to the rubber separation.

For those that don't know about the company, here's a link to their website. https://fluidampr.com/company/
I don't work for the company but I have a great relationship with them and have been using their products for a little over 5 years.

The product that I'd want to develop with them would be an OE replacement with the option to exchange the supercharger pulley in case anyone would want to go to a bigger size if needed. Same pulley could possibly be used without the supercharger pulley to work on the N/A engines as well. Pending high interest in the product, we could see a price similar to the OEM price range (around $500 USD)

Feel free to add some input to this thread, I'll possibly post this on FB as well just to get as much interest as possible.
I don't have a timeframe regarding this, I've just placed an order for an OEM pulley from FCP Euro to hold me off until next time around or if I decide to make modifications to my car.

Thanks guys!
Was this ever developed?