Sponsored by:

P0106 and P010C combo code, halp!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 09:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1988 BMW 535is, 2004 E55
P0106 and P010C combo code, halp!

This series of codes came on as I was driving home today and lit up the CEL. I don't see any reference to a P010C code (P010C Mass Air Flow MAF B Circuit Low) with the 211 chassis cars documented here before. I replaced my MAP sensor some time ago, and I've been trouble free for maybe a year or so. I'm now starting to get the code coming back fairly regularly, peaking with this CEL combo.

I haven't changed anything on the car, so I'm starting to wonder why this is coming back now... The ONLY two things I can think of is that I have a weeping valve cover gasket and my smog pump hasn't worked in some time, but still connected for smog visual (could the air come in that way?), could that be enough to trigger the CEL? I have checked the other culprits: the intake boot is on tight and no other vacuum lines that I've seen are cracked or missing.

I don't have it in me to change the MAP if that's what it is, what are the chances that could be it if my sensor is 3-4 years old? Seems rather dramatic to go out this way.

Any help would be appreciated, it's my daily driver and I'll need to make sure I have a mission before I start tearing into it. Thanks!

Edit: car has 80mm TB and RaceIQ tune, no other power mods

Last edited by LandCruzer94; 08-16-2022 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:45 AM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by LandCruzer94
This series of codes came on as I was driving home today and lit up the CEL. I don't see any reference to a P010C code (P010C Mass Air Flow MAF B Circuit Low) with the 211 chassis cars documented here before. I replaced my MAP sensor some time ago, and I've been trouble free for maybe a year or so. I'm now starting to get the code coming back fairly regularly, peaking with this CEL combo.

I haven't changed anything on the car, so I'm starting to wonder why this is coming back now... The ONLY two things I can think of is that I have a weeping valve cover gasket and my smog pump hasn't worked in some time, but still connected for smog visual (could the air come in that way?), could that be enough to trigger the CEL? I have checked the other culprits: the intake boot is on tight and no other vacuum lines that I've seen are cracked or missing.

I don't have it in me to change the MAP if that's what it is, what are the chances that could be it if my sensor is 3-4 years old? Seems rather dramatic to go out this way.

Any help would be appreciated, it's my daily driver and I'll need to make sure I have a mission before I start tearing into it. Thanks!

Edit: car has 80mm TB and RaceIQ tune, no other power mods
Your profile only shows a BMW. Be good to know the details of what vehicle you are posting here about.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1988 BMW 535is, 2004 E55
Originally Posted by machild
Your profile only shows a BMW. Be good to know the details of what vehicle you are posting here about.
I thought it was obvious given where I was posting but I guess not.

2004 e55
140k mi
80mm TB
RaceIQ tune
Lower final drive w/LSD
Old 08-18-2022, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 462 Likes on 401 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
Add that information in your signature, even better!