W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to sell - what should I ask for it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 11:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 AMG, 2018 Audi Q7, 2005 Porsche Boxster S, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 744HP 1965 Shelby Cobra
Time to sell - what should I ask for it?

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to my car. It's a beautiful car, it runs great, but bottom line is we just don't use it enough to justify keeping it. It's a 2006 E55 AMG. It's got 106K miles on it. It's in great shape. It's always been adult owned and driven. The prior owner to me was a dentist, I'm a 60+ year old pilot. It's never been raced, highly modded, beat upon, etc. Some highlights of it are:
Pano roof
Dynamic seats
metallic black
Black/navy interior
Harman Kardon stereo
All 4 air springs replaced over the last 5 years. Rears are M-B, fronts are Arnott
Electronic brake control replaced under extended MB warranty
Fuel filter/sender/pump replaced under terms of extended M-B extended warranty
Flat bottomed aftermarket leather steering wheel with shifter paddles
Eurocharged engine tune
Eurocharged transmission tune
Roderick RW2 wheels with polished lip w/ Michelin tires
Car tastefully lowered via STAR
Complete STAR computer and setup included in sale

As far as negatives, the nav system is inop. It stopped working and it was so primitive and useless that I never wasted time figuring out what was wrong with it. The push to start button on the shifter is inoperative. I assume its the small wire on the shifter that has been written up on his forum as the fix. I never fixed it or investigated the issue because I just got so used to using the key I just didn't bother.
This isn't a for sale listing yet, I'm just looking for value. I still have things i want to do to it to prepare it for sale. I'm going to do a full oil/filter change on it, plugs, air filters, etc. get it fuly detailed as well. When I do list it it'll be ready to go.
Until that time I could use your guys' input on what you think would be a good fair asking price. I don't need to make a killing on it, nor do I want to give it away either. I don't know if location plays any part in value, but if it does the car is in a NE suburb of Houston.

What is the value of the car?
Old 11-01-2022, 01:32 AM

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts
05 E55 (06 E55 RIP)
17-20K. At least that what id would easily sell for up here.
The following users liked this post:
Sulaco (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,487 Likes on 985 Posts
This place is a joke.
I'd say $15k-$18k, I see the front has been converted to a 63, which personally I'm not a fan of, but most people are. Original cars bring more money than modified ones.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:04 PM
SPONSOR

Received 237 Likes on 183 Posts
2001 E55AMG
I think you're $19k-$21k, you're right it is in great shape. I has someone asking about the NAV in my '01 when I had it up for sale... yes sir it still works just fine, but just use your phone haha