Sponsored by:

upper radiator hose keeps ripping because of serpentine belt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 12:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 s550v, 2008 e63, 2006 e55
upper radiator hose keeps ripping because of serpentine belt

Hello all, its been a while since ive been on the site, i have a 2008 e63 and steered clear of problems for the most part, but recently ran into some issues with my serpentine belt and had it wear and rip. long story short eventually after replacing i notice it was slowly grinding against the upper radiator hose and making a hole in it until it blew open and leaked all of the coolant everywhere.
part number for the hose is A2115018882. i noticed there is a plastic bracket clipped onto the side of the power steer reservoir that holds that hose along with 2 others that are above it. cant seem to find the part number for that bracket as i think the hose isnt sitting correctly on there either. can someone show me what the proper serpentine belt diagram is, im sure i have the right one from wis but id like to double check aswell. thanks in advance to anyone that knows what it could be!
Old 11-28-2022, 09:31 AM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by ivanof900
Hello all, its been a while since ive been on the site, i have a 2008 e63 and steered clear of problems for the most part, but recently ran into some issues with my serpentine belt and had it wear and rip. long story short eventually after replacing i notice it was slowly grinding against the upper radiator hose and making a hole in it until it blew open and leaked all of the coolant everywhere.
part number for the hose is A2115018882. i noticed there is a plastic bracket clipped onto the side of the power steer reservoir that holds that hose along with 2 others that are above it. cant seem to find the part number for that bracket as i think the hose isnt sitting correctly on there either. can someone show me what the proper serpentine belt diagram is, im sure i have the right one from wis but id like to double check aswell. thanks in advance to anyone that knows what it could be!
No part number on that bracket? Post a pic?