Sponsored by:

Order is in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Order is in

Placed my order today for the new beast. Dec 8 build date, January delivery.
- Flint Grey
- Charcoal/ Charcoal interior
- 319 lighting package
- 6 disc changer
- Sirius satellite radio
- Chrome headlamp rings

I was thinking about the keyless go and nav but I would not use them that much. I'd Rather spend that money for some nice wheels or maybe some mods.

Now I just have to wait.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Congrats man! I gotta tell you though, the Keyless Go is a GREAT feature! You have no idea how convenient it is to be able to get in and out without fumbling for keys in your pocket. Also, starting is not only fun, but you get rolling faster. Foot on brake, tap the button, and while it starts, buckle your belt! Its really worth it to add to your beast if its not too late, trust me.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:01 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Congrats & welcome to the club! Quite a few former and current TT Supra owners among our ranks. Great color - it'll be worth the wait! I'm expecting my replacement car at about the same time.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:11 PM

Grats man I ordered about 2 weeks ago and have a 11/15 build for a dec delivery

--David
Old 10-19-2004, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
Congrats man! I gotta tell you though, the Keyless Go is a GREAT feature! You have no idea how convenient it is to be able to get in and out without fumbling for keys in your pocket. Also, starting is not only fun, but you get rolling faster. Foot on brake, tap the button, and while it starts, buckle your belt! Its really worth it to add to your beast if its not too late, trust me.
I love my Keyless GO. I would most certainly get that if I were you, plus there is that "cool" factor to it.

BTW Congratulations on your purchase of this beast. I would get some evosport pullies, Kleemann supercharger pump, and some HRE rims (your preference).
Old 10-19-2004, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My advice is drop the chrome rings (IMO they dont look too hot) and opt a little more $ for the NAV. It is sooooo useful. I got it assuming I'd just use it here and there, but trust me, you'll use it a lot more than you expect. It can help you find detours, give you a map of your current location, or find restaurants, golf courses, and a whole bunch of other things. As you can probably tell, this is the one and only car that I own that has a NAV system and I'm emphatic about having it in any car I own from now on. But do what you wish, you'll be EXTREMELY satisfied either way. Congrats!!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:10 AM

2007 GL450, 2005 E55(Sold), 2002 C32 (Sold)
Get the NAV!

I didn't get it in my 2002 C32 and after using it in my wife's car all the time for finding closest gas, banks, restaurants....I cursed myself for not getting it!

I just traded my C32 on a 2005 E55....and guess what.....I got it with NAV!

I didn't get the Keyless Go.....and after two weeks....I'm regretting that too!

I'll just have to curse myself for another three years!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:47 AM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Congrats, sounds like a great car. Though, I would concur with the others on the Keyless Go option. I love it, so much easier, key stays in my pocket all day. Wife loves it too, key stays in her purse. Very convenient!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Almost a Member!

'05 SL65, '05 Mas Quattroporte
I find Keyless Go a huge benefit, because no more searching for key. In terms of nav, I bought an '04 E55 new from dealer. I just assumed the whole time that it came with nav system ($90K+ car!) but mine didn't. I think it's kinda ridiculous that it doesn't have it built in with that large screen, but now trying to rationalize that I probably wouldn't use it much, as I know my way around city I live in.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:28 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Congrats...

But tell me, how did you get this early production-date, that's less than 2 month from now?

I ordered mine 3 month ago and the scheduled delivery-date is about March/April

You seem to be very lucky....

P.S. On this car (on every car where you can get it), Keyless Go is a MUST HAVE!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:04 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I bought my original '05 E55 right off the lot, the day after it came in. The only options were COMAND navigation and the 6-disc CD changer, but I was happy to get my clutches on one - drove it out the same day. After living with it for a short while, I knew I missed the Xenon headlights more than anything and had even corresponded with a couple of our forum sponsors about doing a retrofit. That was before the "dealer mishap".

When it came time to spec out a replacement, I went with the 319 Xenon lighting package, as well as some other options I was familiar with on other cars. Keyless Go was a must-have (wife's '04 LS430 had similar system), as was power rear sunshade (LS430 had that, too) - helps keep the car cooler when parked during warm weather), Parktronic (yep, LS430 had that, too - if my E55 had it, it might have warned the dealer lot jockey who screwed up the pasenger side). Also opted for trunk closer and the comfort package (active ventilated seats - yep, LS430 had those, too). I opted to get both the COMAND navigation and 6-disc changer on the new car, as well.

In this case, it was nice to have the chance to spec the car over again, this time getting those things that mattered to me most.

Last edited by Beowulf; 10-22-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:43 PM

2005 E55 AMG
FloridaE55
But tell me, how did you get this early production-date, that's less than 2 month from now?
I Was talking to the sales person about the e55's and they had 2 coming in at the end of the month, neither of which i wanted so i brought up ordering one and lucky me i guess, they had an open production day on Dec 8.

I see no need for nav, at least not for me in Las Vegas. I have lived here 3 years, and it has to be one the of the eaisest places I've ever lived in to find where you are trying to go. It might be nice for road trips and other cities, but i don't do that very often.

Keyless go is nice and i've driven many mercedes with it, but i dont really need it. I don't mind having to reach into my pocket for the key, it takes all but maybe 2-3 seconds. I'll save the extra $1,060 and do something else with it. Every car can also use nice HRE's lol.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 PM

E55
Congrats. FYI, ask how they will be installing the Sat antenna. My dealer was going to drill into the car and mount a sizable black antenna. It was ugly. However, I took my E55 2005 AMG it to my aftermarket guy and he put got a small magnetic antenna that went right in front of the other one on the roof. Looks terrific. I saw someone else in the forum post some pictures they did the same way. Also, if you don't tint your windows you can even put the antenna behind the rear window inside almost completely out of sight.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:59 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Well,TTSUPRAtoE55, you have to be at the right place the right time...

Last edited by FloridaE55; 10-23-2004 at 12:02 AM.