Sponsored by:

My 2005 e55 can't burn tires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 12:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
E55 AMG W211
Originally Posted by JohnLane
Hmmm.... I never had issues painting stripe in my ratty ‘06 E55. Turn the fun police off and be careful to not throw the car away.
we are talking about heating tires while standing still while holding the brake pedal
Old 03-11-2023, 06:05 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
2009 E63 AMG WAGON 2018 BMW M5 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW Z4
Maybe getting Chevy would help ?
Old 03-13-2023, 03:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 e55
Originally Posted by Rafichicago
Getting a Chevy would definitely help make high, reliable, horsepower while being able to do a proper smoky burnout. Instead, he wants to do it with the less reliable w211 e55 that he already owns…
Old 03-13-2023, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by C_Note
Getting a Chevy would definitely help make high, reliable, horsepower while being able to do a proper smoky burnout. Instead, he wants to do it with the less reliable w211 e55 that he already owns…
And where did we start talking about reliability here ? Just because Your E55 is not reliable (if you own one) doesn’t mean mine E63 isn’t but hey what do I know here. I don’t know why was my post triggered negative answer on your side so funny. I just think American cars are better for that purpose. As dumb as it is they’re much better known for burnouts than moving forward. Not all of them. Just majority and there’s nothing wrong with that. MB is not good for that purpose. Power steering pumps don’t take that well either.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:10 AM

2005 e55
And where did we start talking about reliability here ? Just because Your E55 is not reliable (if you own one) doesn’t mean mine E63 isn’t but hey what do I know here. I don’t know why was my post triggered negative answer on your side so funny. I just think American cars are better for that purpose. As dumb as it is they’re much better known for burnouts than moving forward. Not all of them. Just majority and there’s nothing wrong with that. MB is not good for that purpose. Power steering pumps don’t take that well either.
First off, I have no problems leaving a looooong number 11 down anyone’s street… in my measly fsp, e55 on coilovers…
Second, there is no debate on which country makes the more reliable engines. Chevy made MILLIONS of LS series engines that run up in the 200k mark on mere oil changes… Try that with a German engine and see where that gets you… You’ve got some nerve talking about reliability with the m156’s history…
Third, when he mentioned Chevy he brought in reliability imo. They win in producing high horsepower WHILE being reliable. American cars and engines have been faster than most cars on the planet in a straight line. Chevy and Ford make cheaper, faster cars than Mercedes and BMW. Period.
All that being said, I’ll continue to enjoy and modify my slower than some newer cars, but faster than 95% of of n/a 63 Mercedes cars 🫣
Old 03-15-2023, 09:33 AM

First off, I have no problems leaving a looooong number 11 down anyone’s street… in my measly fsp, e55 on coilovers…
Second, there is no debate on which country makes the more reliable engines. Chevy made MILLIONS of LS series engines that run up in the 200k mark on mere oil changes… Try that with a German engine and see where that gets you… You’ve got some nerve talking about reliability with the m156’s history…
Third, when he mentioned Chevy he brought in reliability imo. They win in producing high horsepower WHILE being reliable. American cars and engines have been faster than most cars on the planet in a straight line. Chevy and Ford make cheaper, faster cars than Mercedes and BMW. Period.
All that being said, I’ll continue to enjoy and modify my slower than some newer cars, but faster than 95% of of n/a 63 Mercedes cars 🫣
First of all I don’t have “nerve” to talk about M156. First hand experience is what I have. Second if I’d like to choose cars based on how fast they are I’d have a Tesla. I don’t own American car because going fast in a straight line is not something that interests me. At no point I have made American car here a worst proposition. In fact I made a statement that for that purpose ( and not only that ) it’s a better choice. I thought I made it clear. M113K is better platform from M156 if you like to modify car. If you like to keep your car stock M156 for ME all day long. And for many reasons. Reliability issues are problem only if you are financially unprepared to handle them. It is still nearly $100K cars when new. Unfortunately most seem to forget that. I would rather spend money on making my car 100% maintained to the best standard using best possible parts others would rather spend on time pulley headers. I am not here to convince you to what’s better or worse. It’s simply my preference and I want attacking you personally like you have it was a bit childish. You got offended because of what I said about a car that’s parked in your garage or is it ? I am sorry that (in your world) I dare to say something about the most ideal creation by Mercedes ever.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:22 AM

2005 e55
Just because Your E55 is not reliable (if you own one) doesn’t mean mine E63 isn’t but hey what do I know here. I don’t know why was my post triggered negative answer on your side so funny.
This is as passive aggressive as it gets… your insinuations were read loud and clear. You’ve actually alluded to me lying about owning an 18 year car twice… but I’m the one that’s childish?

I’ll leave this alone after this. I maintain my car to the highest standard an 18 year old AMG should have. I am up to date on everything except adding new brakes/rotors and new injectors. Guess what’s sitting in my spare room? I drive the car likes it was meant to be driven. Not too soft, not too hard. You’re happy with what you have and I’m happy in what I have…. I’m done here
Old 03-15-2023, 11:07 AM

This is as passive aggressive as it gets… your insinuations were read loud and clear. You’ve actually alluded to me lying about owning an 18 year car twice… but I’m the one that’s childish?

I’ll leave this alone after this. I maintain my car to the highest standard an 18 year old AMG should have. I am up to date on everything except adding new brakes/rotors and new injectors. Guess what’s sitting in my spare room? I drive the car likes it was meant to be driven. Not too soft, not too hard. You’re happy with what you have and I’m happy in what I have…. I’m done here
You are free to interpret things the way you want.
You’re welcome.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
E55 AMG W211
why do i need a chevy?? I have a beautiful e55 2005 that goes 100-200 7 seconds. and is the national champion of 21 years in drag racing. and I need to warm up the tires before the start of the race for better grip of my micki tomphson 2754017 in order to make a ford mustang 1000 horsepower and dodge challenger hemi 6.2 kompressor 800 horsepower
The following users liked this post:
BMW Owner (03-17-2023)