Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stalling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stalling

this is the third time in four months. As it does for others on the board, I was going 2-3 mph when it cut out, in slow traffic, and then restarted without difficulty and then wouldn't do it again in similar setting. I'll bring it in, but the fix seems really difficult without being able to reproduce the event.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:07 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
And let me guess no malfunction right? Very, very frustrating as most dealer are lost without a malfunction indicated
Old 10-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Almost a Member!

I have posted on another thread and will add to that one, but maybe we should all should post here.

My E55 was in the shop for 3 days and 48 miles of their driving-hooked up to whayever they could think of-could not reproduce stalling. I was upset as the car had <1K and I have kept it in "C" setting per the manual, but it was in "S" when I picked it up. I had them computer enter it. I told them at drop off it only stalled at Park to Rev or Rev to Drive or Park to Drive...

Anyw ay, 1 stall yesterday and 2 today-same deal, no error message. Same scenario-car already warmed up. One sequence required 2 restarts abouy 1 to 2 seconds after the 1st restart.

Thamk you very much

Fury
Old 10-22-2004, 10:44 AM

2004 E55 tectite grey/charcoal
Someone posted awhile ago with a similar problem. He stated that they increased his idle speed slightly and that seemed to take care of the problem.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by AMGe55
Someone posted awhile ago with a similar problem. He stated that they increased his idle speed slightly and that seemed to take care of the problem.
That was me, but it did not solve the problem. It's so intermittent I was never really sure it sould be a cure. The idle was adjusted twice and the car has stalled once after each time. It just died again a few weeks ago. It will be going in in a few weeks, this time with them changing the crank sensor and the tranny controller. I was told that the crank sensor is one of a few sensors that DO NOT give a code, and could result in the problems I am experiencing. I am not worried though, as the VP of the dealer has offered to give me a new car. Actually, she's kinda pusing me to let her give it to me. That last line didn't sound to good, did it?! It's a good feeling to not have to worry about trying to convince my dealer to do the right thing. makes the problem not seem that bad.