Help with Visit Workshop Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Help with Visit Workshop Message

My battery died last weekend. My guess is that the valet from the night before turned my headlights to the "On" position instead of Auto, and I left the car in the garage with the headlights on all night. (Dumb a@@)

I eventually opened the trunk and jumped the car with my portable jump starter while I waited for roadside assistance to show up. I got a bright red "Visit Workshop" message on my dash.

Roadside assistance did not have the correct "black" battery, so we just left the stock battery. The roadside assistance tech told me that everything would be fine and that the "Visit Workshop" message would go away.

Well, everytime I turn the car on or shut it off I get the same message. I hate to have to sit at the dealership on a Saturday. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the warning? Or do I really need to go to the dealer?
Old 10-30-2004, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Did The (ROADSIDE) tech..Cough ... cough Trainee Check the System for the Correct output on the alternator or just slam a New Battery?
If He Didnt check the system ..It Could be a Defective alternator...Seen it Several times before...If The Dealers Would SPEND the Extra Monies on a Decent Roadside Tech...Instead of Trainees!..Case in point The Battery went dead in my wifes w203 coupe and I called Roadside..They sent a Trainee ..and He didnt even know where the battery was...Nor did he check the System for the correct output..So I Installed the Battery and Sent him on his way....
Old 10-30-2004, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Roadside assistance did nothing.

I took it to the dealer today. They replaced a computer that had shorted. It wasn't communicating with the battery. I'd have to look at the RO to give more specific information about it.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts
Dead battery on an 05...very unusual, maybe have the charging system checked out.