W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

“Malfunction electrical consumers switched off” and more codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2023 | 02:15 PM

2003 E500 Sport
“Malfunction electrical consumers switched off” and more codes

Hi y’all,

I just picked up my second w211 and this time it’s a 2003 e500 sport with 148k miles on it. So far I have loved the car but it has been giving me some problems. When buying it, I knew I was going to have to deal with some issues. A week after purchasing the car, I stated getting a warning on the dash reading “malfunction electrical consumers switched off.” It started randomly one afternoon and has been giving me problems ever since. Some mornings it starts, some it doesn’t. I bought a multimeter to check the main battery and the aux battery and the both seem to be working good. I have been pulling all of the fuses that are not needed for the vehicle to run and drive and still getting the message and it not starting. I am not sure weather this is the fuses, BCM, or voltage regulator. I have read a lot that it is usually the VR instead of the alternator but I am not sure how to check this problem. Some more symptoms are getting the SRS and ESP warnings. I am not sure what to do at this point and would love to hear some input on my dilemma. I am trying my best to stay out of the shop for the time being. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. I attached
a photo below.

Old 07-14-2023 | 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Check your aux relay - my Indy told me that is a huge culprit for many electrical gremlins that pop up on these cars after 15+ years.