Sponsored by:

E55 AMG no power after shifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 55 AMG
E55 AMG no power after shifting

Hello guys just a question that is really Troubling me I own a 2005 E55Amg the car has full exhaust with long tube headers and all the cooling system is upgraded to the highest level so no heating problems for the engine nor the supercharger air in addition both of the fuel pumps are changed with brand new OEM ones,IAT is good,SC boost is reading 11.3 psi while driving full pedal the car pulls hard from the start line after shifting it feels like a 2.0 engine no feel for the real power that it was making,so what do you think guys is the problem?
Old 09-08-2023, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Could be the transmission. I had a similar issue except the car would get stuck in 3rd gear at the lights. Had to replace a part in the transmission that always fails. Someone may chime in to name the part.

R.K.
Old 09-09-2023, 11:19 AM

E 55 AMG
Originally Posted by radride
Could be the transmission. I had a similar issue except the car would get stuck in 3rd gear at the lights. Had to replace a part in the transmission that always fails. Someone may chime in to name the part.

R.K.
Thank you for your reply but the gearbox is shifting just fin,I found the crank case breather hose not connected to the throttle body hose do you think this could be the reason? Didn't have the time yet to test it on the road as I took everything thing apart to check it will take me a day or two to put all back together, could this be the reason?
Old 09-09-2023, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Originally Posted by karimmoto98
Thank you for your reply but the gearbox is shifting just fin,I found the crank case breather hose not connected to the throttle body hose do you think this could be the reason? Didn't have the time yet to test it on the road as I took everything thing apart to check it will take me a day or two to put all back together, could this be the reason?
No idea. I guess you'll find out.

R.K.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 353 Likes on 304 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
You need to do more diag on it. What is your fuel pressure before and after the shift?
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ What is your throttle blade angle before and after the shift?
Did you clear the transmission adaptations just for the hell of it to see if any changes?
I would begin with this stuff first and see.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:02 AM

E 55 AMG
Originally Posted by SICAMG
You need to do more diag on it. What is your fuel pressure before and after the shift?
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ What is your throttle blade angle before and after the shift?
Did you clear the transmission adaptations just for the hell of it to see if any changes?
I would begin with this stuff first and see.
Thank you so much guys for the replies,I will update you with my findings I will delete the gear adaptions and give it a drive .
Old 09-12-2023, 09:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ez-go
My car rolls over in the middle of a shift as well. Whether im driving mellow or hard, feels like my foot comes off the gas pedal during the shift. Feels like torque limiting software pulling timing/fuel in my auto dsm.

Curious to see what OP finds.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:44 AM

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
This is a design of the stock transmission controller software.

Since mercedes originally wanted these cars to last a while, and with "lifetime" gearbox oil, the only way to maintain longevity is the be as soft as possible during shifting to the gearbox (where mechanical parts of the box are under the most stress)

It does this by a torque request to the engine ECU. Depending on the situation, the tcu can ask the engine for ignition retarding, or air and fuel cut to bring down the output torque to a safe value for shifting quickly enough.

A simple tcu tune can remove these restrictions.

Source: I've built my own TCU for this car, and in doing so, reverse engineered the OEM one
The following users liked this post:
nd-photo.nl (09-13-2023)
Old 07-10-2024, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55AMG
I f u c k e d up my engine today

I opened the surge tanks today to find that aluminium pipe in driver side next to throtle body to fix a air leak
and droped something cuz it was real dirty on the side of the surge tank on the 7 cylindre without knowing
started the car and its tiking for 10 minutes the noise goes away but bad idle and sounds like popkorns coming from the throtle body
I start driving to try it and the power its still there but i have broken somthing maybe a valve i dont know
wish me luck guys cuz this was the last thing i wanted mee to hapen cuz i dont trust the mechanics here in my country the dont do clean work if you know what im saying
hope its something litle and no cylindre damage so
i can put it back togethere again as the amg did it on the firs time
Old 07-10-2024, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 353 Likes on 304 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Engine is done, sort of, and needs to come out.
Bent intake valve if it is popping through the intake with possible piston damage as well so better off pulling the engine out...much faster.
This would fall under the category of "clean work" At least you let it run for 10 minutes and then drove it to make sure the damage is solitified.
Old 07-11-2024, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 457 Likes on 397 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
Damn that sucks, good luck with the repair/rebuild