Brake Squeak & Dynamic Seat Pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Question Brake Squeak & Dynamic Seat Pump

Hi all,

I've got a brake squeak from the front of my car, when braking it only squeaks slightly but then turns into a really loud screech when you go from about 5mph to 0mph. It's had new brembo discs, pads and newly remanufactured brake calliper's on the front. They even used brembo grease when installing . Are there any pad recommendations or people who'd had this issue and managed to fix it? The calipers look like new, were blasted to remove all corrosion, the stainless pad guides replaced and new seals etc used. Any ideas on this one? I'm a lot of money into it and still no luck

Also the air bolsters in my car don't work. Very occasionally I can get the leg bolster to move very slightly but that's all I get. They aren't proper dynamic seats but there isn't any response from the seat pump through Xentry. Does this mean it needs replacing?
Old 12-03-2023, 07:54 PM

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Shish_Happens
Hi all,

I've got a brake squeak from the front of my car, when braking it only squeaks slightly but then turns into a really loud screech when you go from about 5mph to 0mph. It's had new brembo discs, pads and newly remanufactured brake calliper's on the front. They even used brembo grease when installing . Are there any pad recommendations or people who'd had this issue and managed to fix it? The calipers look like new, were blasted to remove all corrosion, the stainless pad guides replaced and new seals etc used. Any ideas on this one? I'm a lot of money into it and still no luck

Also the air bolsters in my car don't work. Very occasionally I can get the leg bolster to move very slightly but that's all I get. They aren't proper dynamic seats but there isn't any response from the seat pump through Xentry. Does this mean it needs replacing?
The brake noise is most likely pads. Exactly which pads did you install? Brembo does not actually made pads (I worked there for a bit) they label other manufacturers pads as their own. Did you install ceramic pads or metallic? Did you use OEM rotors? Have you tried a few hard stops from say 60 mph to bed in the pads?

The pump for the seats could be faulty or the bladders themselves (or both). There should be a code for the pump if you run a diagnostic with Xentry.
Old 12-09-2023, 05:14 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by MJBelcher500
The brake noise is most likely pads. Exactly which pads did you install? Brembo does not actually made pads (I worked there for a bit) they label other manufacturers pads as their own. Did you install ceramic pads or metallic? Did you use OEM rotors? Have you tried a few hard stops from say 60 mph to bed in the pads?

The pump for the seats could be faulty or the bladders themselves (or both). There should be a code for the pump if you run a diagnostic with Xentry.

They were brembo pads, not Mercedes ones. Discs were brembo as well. I've tried many hard stops and there's no difference. I guess I'll just have to try some different pads

The pump doesn't even communicate with the car through xentry but there's no codes coming up. Although I'm still not used to xentry as it's my first mercedes
Old 12-09-2023, 05:48 PM

2006 E55
They were brembo pads, not Mercedes ones. Discs were brembo as well. I've tried many hard stops and there's no difference. I guess I'll just have to try some different pads

The pump doesn't even communicate with the car through xentry but there's no codes coming up. Although I'm still not used to xentry as it's my first mercedes
You can try removing the pads and filing a bevel on the leading edge of each pad. It might reduce the noise. Not a big chance of this working, but it might. I would try some Akebono ceramic pads.

Are you using a C4 multiplexer with Xentry or a passthru module? There are specific tests for the bladders and pump in Xentry. Are you saying they will not run? What error are you receiving? If you are running a full diagnostic in Xentry, it should show codes for the pump or bladders. Are you not seeing any codes when you run the diagnostic? You should be seeing something. The car will most likely show at least errors for the tele-aid,
Old 12-09-2023, 05:54 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by MJBelcher500
You can try removing the pads and filing a bevel on the leading edge of each pad. It might reduce the noise. Not a big chance of this working, but it might. I would try some Akebono ceramic pads.

Are you using a C4 multiplexer with Xentry or a passthru module? There are specific tests for the bladders and pump in Xentry. Are you saying they will not run? What error are you receiving? If you are running a full diagnostic in Xentry, it should show codes for the pump or bladders. Are you not seeing any codes when you run the diagnostic? You should be seeing something. The car will most likely show at least errors for the tele-aid,
Yeah I'll try and get some akebono ones fitted

I've just got passthru. When I try and access the dynamic seat pump it just says it can't connect or isn't optioned etc. If I do a full scan it just skips over the dynamic seat pump and goes to the next thing. I've looked in the seat modules and they don't say anything about air bladders only positions for the seat motors
​​​
Old 12-09-2023, 06:57 PM

2006 E55
Yeah I'll try and get some akebono ones fitted

I've just got passthru. When I try and access the dynamic seat pump it just says it can't connect or isn't optioned etc. If I do a full scan it just skips over the dynamic seat pump and goes to the next thing. I've looked in the seat modules and they don't say anything about air bladders only positions for the seat motors
​​​
When I was using a passthru I had issues connecting to certain modules. I finally upgraded to a C4 and now I can access all of them. That code be your problem.

If you do not have dynamic seats, the system may not test the bladders the same way a DS car does. I have them, so I am not sure. Even my handheld scanner has a test for the seat bladders and pump.

Old 12-12-2023, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Ceramic pads are really quiet too if you shop for that type.