Sponsored by:

Opinions sought for my 2005 E55 AMG order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
The seat color has to be decided at time of order, of course if you have money you could change the color of the seat at anytime.

Called Fletcher Jones today and they will replace my headliner at no charge with the Alcantra headliner. They seemed very apologetic on the phone so I will see what happens when I take the car to them tonight.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Congratulations on your order...

1. Seriously consider the dynamic drive option...I love it and it is effective in keeping me planted in my seat in turns/curves at speed...
2. The ventilated seats come with the dynamic seats and I don't use it as often...it's OK...but if it was on the a la carte menu of options...I wouldn't check it off first...definately the dynamic seats !
3. I have a CLK430 in Obsidian and the E55 is regular black...both look fantastic but get ready to stock up on Meguires Quick Detailer to keep it looking good...(I'm down to 20 min after every drive to get it to that just waxed look... ).

Here are pics of my black E55 to compare to the Obsidian E55's already posted...

http://www.msnusers.com/Jons2004E55A...ns2004e55.msnw
Old 11-09-2004, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55
AMGFan-

Thanks for the information and the photos. Your ride is REALLY nice. (Think Shrek -- "Really, really.").

I noticed in your pictures the AMG badge on the door sill. Are those badges illuminated?

I think I'm sold on the Dynamic Drive seats. Plus it makes sense if the ventilation feature is included on these seats.

MBFanatic--

What headliner do you have in the car now?
Old 11-09-2004, 04:53 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
if you're interested in the 4 or 2 illuminated door sills, you need to talk to t-bone.

the option is like $400 for the front two, but what they don't tell you is that you can get all 4 door sills illuminated. its expensive, but it looks very nice. ask t-bone to send you a picture, or do a search on his posts....he has the pics up on the forum.

for 4, the dealer will have to call germany.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Bklyn Marc, I have the stock headliner that comes with the Pano roof. It is supposed to be Alcantra. Somehow they messed up while building the car. They are replacing it right now as we speak, should have the car back by thursday.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:27 PM

'05 E55
MB Fanatic-

Great news. Will you let me know the difference in color between your old liner and the new Alcantra liner in terms of the light saturation inside the car. I assume that the new liner is darker and will mute or soften the light in the car.

I also noticed that you have the illuminated sills. Was this done by the dealer? Did you get all four sills done? Do you think the sills were a good option?
Old 11-09-2004, 09:46 PM

to get

absolutely, drive dynamic, it sort of makes up for what the car doesn't do, which is corner flat, but it stops your leaning and it's fun. I do like them. I got rid of the massage mechanism , which is just a flexible piece of plastic with two cloth bladders, because I'm just so sensitive. But my wife loved that feature.
Also, absolutely, put in satellite radio and get the anteannie set up under the back package rack. There's alot of stuff on this board about that. Really worthwhile.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:51 PM

also

I got the black burl on my 04 and it came with a brushed aluminum shift plate, rather than a wood shift plate, which I am slowly getting used to. I havn't seen the brown burl.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I had the Illuminated Sills done by the dealer as I didnt trust anyone drilling holes into the car. I did have all 4 door sills done, and it really is a great way to distinguish your E55 from those of others.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I will let you know the color difference between the old headliner and the new Alcantra headliner. They are also replacing the pano roof since it was squeaking. And doing SBC update.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Almost a Member!

E500 2003
Messaging seats

Originally Posted by cte430
1) The only difference is it's metallic vs. "flat" black. Some I know who have it say it hides swirls a little better than the flat black.
2) The headliner is a light grey color.
3) The massaging seats are an option and I do not have it
4) Ventilated seats are also an option. Some love it, some don't think it does much.
5) I chose the regular burl walnut. Some think the black/black is too much. I like both, but I thought in the long run I would tire of the black birds eye. Had I leased or did not plan on keeping the car very long, I probably would have gone with the black. MB has improved with the black as it has more wood grain than when the new E first came out. I had an '03 E500 and came very close to getting the black, however when the sun was not shining on it, it looked like plastic. It looks better now.
6) I do not have the door sills. There are lots of pics here.
Dont bother with the Vent Seats. They will not even move a piece tissue paper laid on top of the seats. Waste of money
Old 11-11-2004, 05:46 AM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by colinforte
Dont bother with the Vent Seats. They will not even move a piece tissue paper laid on top of the seats. Waste of money
I disagree. I believe that the fans pull air into the seat rather than blowing air out of the seat. If I hop in and am a little sweaty, which in warm climates is often, I notice a big difference with the vent seats on. They are essential IMO for warm climates. I feel that they are a bargain actually. Try to test it out. It takes a few minutes with the fans on after getting a little sweaty to notice the effect.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by eagleeye
I disagree. I believe that the fans pull air into the seat rather than blowing air out of the seat. If I hop in and am a little sweaty, which in warm climates is often, I notice a big difference with the vent seats on. They are essential IMO for warm climates. I feel that they are a bargain actually. Try to test it out. It takes a few minutes with the fans on after getting a little sweaty to notice the effect.
I feel more of an effect on my back rather than on my legs.

J
Old 11-15-2004, 04:14 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
alcantara headliner with panoramic sunroof

do you guys know if you still get the alcantara headliner if you get the panoramic sunroof option?

thanks,
Gareth