Sponsored by:

Brand new 2 the board. Supercharger question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Brand new 2 the board. Supercharger question

I want to buy the first gereration HPS system but I have Evosport lighted pullies and Euro Rev softare, will I be able to keep both of these uprades if I get the first or second gereration HPS superchargering system?
Thank you
Old 11-14-2004, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by E55Cent
I want to buy the first gereration HPS system but I have Evosport lighted pullies and Euro Rev softare, will I be able to keep both of these uprades if I get the first or second gereration HPS superchargering system?
Thank you
Welcome to the boards!

I am currently having the 2nd generation intercooled HPS kit installed on my E430, Adam @ HPS advised me to remove my Evo UDP & reflash my Powerchip software to stock settings to better utilize their roots system. I would highly recommend you go with their new intercooled kit for your E55, as the HPS team just completed a G55 and the power results are simply thrilling.

PM me if you have any further questions.

Good Luck
Richard
Old 11-14-2004, 02:39 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Thank you Richard, but I don't see why pullies would have to come off, because I didn't touch the main uderdrive pulley. All that would need to be different would be a slightly bigger belt. The softwae is unerstandable. It seems like I would be very happy with the HPS 1st gereration kit because I will be adding headers as soon as EvoSport releases them. Now I just have to get Adam to return my phone calles.

Also I was reading on the board that you have real Brabus carbon fiber door frame trim. Is this true, do you have any pics? Also prices and where to get them?
Old 11-14-2004, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Thank you Richard, but I don't see why pullies would have to come off, because I didn't touch the main uderdrive pulley. All that would need to be different would be a slightly bigger belt. The softwae is unerstandable. It seems like I would be very happy with the HPS 1st gereration kit because I will be adding headers as soon as EvoSport releases them. Now I just have to get Adam to return my phone calles.

Also I was reading on the board that you have real Brabus carbon fiber door frame trim. Is this true, do you have any pics? Also prices and where to get them?
E55cent:

I would assume because their system is R&D on bone stock vehicles, this is not to say that the UDP will not work on the roots, cuz perhaps their are no ill effects but to stay within the guidelines of their warranty it is recommended not to use these unit in conjuction with their system. You should address this issue to Adam, and from my experiences with the HPS team they are very customer oriented.

From my understanding, HPS has sold out on all bolt-on units...however you may find pre-owned ones lurking around foresale. The gains on the bolt-on vs intercooled system are night & day...I've seen several dyno charts with a/f ratio and witness their cars on the dyno at their install facility, your headers will be much happier with the 2nd generation kit.

The CF door pillars are real carbon fiber, but are not affliated with Brabus as they don't produce them....so they're Ebay knock offs. My buddy's company is a distributor, and if your interested I can fwd you his info...PM me.

Pics??? check the W210 forum; under a recent "CF pillars" thread...Whitey posted a pic of my set.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Correct, no more first Gen systems available. You will definitely need to lose the flash with a blower, but I don't see why the pulleys would hurt. I asked about adding them to my blown 430 but sold it for the 55 before I got around to modifying it much beyond the Gen 1 HPS system. The new system made a LOT more power on a 430 than the first setup, looking for 500+ crank HP on the new intercooled SC.