W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-30-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Yeah, I agree...the reason is basically that APK decided he didn't want to go to a track, after first promising to go to a track. He's blowing his chance to prove his claim that his M5 is a "12.6 car".

Originally Posted by DRCrowder
for some reason that has noty been explained, they are not going to a track, so there wont be any times, so now it is no longer the speed of the car, but the speed of the car + R/T

kinda sucks but whatever....
Old 12-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55, 2005 525i
Thumbs down

You guys are going to get this youngster killed. This is apparently way out of his league. I would stop prompting him on.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:43 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by MikeC
You guys are going to get this youngster killed. This is apparently way out of his league. I would stop prompting him on.

You are so out of line, it is not even funny.

Taking him on 95 and racing to Miami will get him killed.

Taking him to the track (where we have to wear helmets and there is safety equip) to settle a bet is a smart lesson we can all benefit from.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:03 PM

'04 E55
Originally Posted by MikeC
You never know what he's got under the hood. He could be heavily modded.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yeah, I agree...it really would be best to do this at a track, for more reasons than one! APK, are you sure you won't reconsider?

You are so out of line, it is not even funny.

Taking him on 95 and racing to Miami will get him killed.

Taking him to the track (where we have to wear helmets and there is safety equip) to settle a bet is a smart lesson we can all benefit from.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Improviz
Yeah, I agree...it really would be best to do this at a track, for more reasons than one! APK, are you sure you won't reconsider?
This is BS. Pure and simple. What the hell happened to the track??? This is just wrong. Is somebody afraid that they won't pass tech inspection?? We've been waiting for a month for APK to go to the track to give us numbers on what he runs. And now we are going to play the Fast and the Furious behind a warehouse?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yeah...it's quite amusing that someone who was accusing AMGers of "not having the *****" to "step up to the plate", who said he'd "show up anywhere" (click here for the previous and more), that his car would run a 12.6, etc...well, frankly doesn't have the ***** to step up to the plate where it counts--at a track! Shoot, I even offered him $500 a pop for proving his claims at a strip and he still won't show up!!

My guess is that he had no idea of what these cars are capable of, and once he saw numbers he knew he had no hope of matching, decided that it would be to his advantage to switch to an untimed format, where he could possibly manage to get a few good races by jumping the gun.

Originally Posted by enzom
This is BS. Pure and simple. What the hell happened to the track??? This is just wrong. Is somebody afraid that they won't pass tech inspection?? We've been waiting for a month for APK to go to the track to give us numbers on what he runs. And now we are going to play the Fast and the Furious behind a warehouse?
Old 12-30-2004, 04:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
My friend with the CL55 said he would ONLY race at Moroso.

He will not race on the street. Lets all go to Moroso on the 5th regardless.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:09 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Count me in for the 5th at Moroso

hey guys

have ben loving this thread for the pure entertainment value - have no idea how fast APK1013 really is, but hey, lets wait and see and wht the results are after the shootout - assuming of course he shows.

I really want to pound the snot out of my E55 for the first time down the strip - this will be my first shot at an official drag strip and being a total drag novice I am really curious what my Beast will do (and for that matter - also find out just how slow I an to react to the tree)

I am hoping APK will show up and that we can capture it on video. I have some pretty slick mounting equipment that will allow multiple in-car camera mounts - from behind the driver's shoulder showing speedo and track - from the side shooting to the oponents lane to show relative speeds and launch reaction times, and we can still set up stationary cameras at the dig and at the trap ends

So guys
please IM me or email me so I can show up on the day and post the video on my site to sop the BS once and for all

regards
Siswati
Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 PM

2003 BMW M5
Yeah, I agree...the reason is basically that APK decided he didn't want to go to a track, after first promising to go to a track. He's blowing his chance to prove his claim that his M5 is a "12.6 car".
I do not want my first run of my life at a track to be videotaped and broadcasted for the whole world to see. I have never run at the track before. I doubt I will be able to show you what my car is capable of the first time I go to the track. Why doesn't everyone stop whining and making excuses? I am ready to run and stop the all of this nonesense. According to Improviz, you shouldn't be worried at all. The CL55 will pull about 7 cars on me, right?? One more thing, even Benzo agreed with me on the phone that the E55 is clearly faster than the CL55.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:05 PM

2003 BMW M5
M's Vs. AMG's. Let's see what happens. I am feeling good with the slow M5. You guys are making excuses with 100 more horsepower than me. Come on, stop the whining, please.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:08 PM

2003 BMW M5
This one really makes me laugh. This is about to go down, everyone is excited, and there you go b*tching and whining again. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
I definitely want to get in on this, but expecting any of us to travel to race on the street is ridiculous. The one safe legal local place to do it is Moroso. Any Friday night should be ok. Wed for me is difficult due to work. APK, if you're uneasy about running against us then you should go to the track once by yourself and get a few practice runs in. Then you'll truly see if you are a low 12 sec car like we are.

The idea of communicating by phone to arrange this race is stupid. Pick a date and time to show up at the track, and whoever wants to race will show up. If only one person shows up, they can still run and post time slips.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 12-30-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:47 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by APK1013
I do not want my first run of my life at a track to be videotaped and broadcasted for the whole world to see. I have never run at the track before. I doubt I will be able to show you what my car is capable of the first time I go to the track. Why doesn't everyone stop whining and making excuses? I am ready to run and stop the all of this nonesense. According to Improviz, you shouldn't be worried at all. The CL55 will pull about 7 cars on me, right?? One more thing, even Benzo agreed with me on the phone that the E55 is clearly faster than the CL55.

Other than improviz, no one is going to bust on you no matter how you do at the track. In the end, we're all just car nuts.

1. the track is safe
2. Time slips are fun and will give you something to measure your performance with, this gives you a benchmark to strive for and makes you a better driver.
3. Noone has to tape anything, post the times slips is all
4. dude, in all you'll have a good time, you'll actually have fun with those guys, based on chill's posts, I'd bet he's a riot

Last edited by DRCrowder; 12-30-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
B*tching and whining?

Don't make me laugh, dude...how many times have you agreed to show up, then back out?? And you promised to be a man and show up AT THE TRACK, only to start "b*tching and whining" like on the previous page:

"Oh, poor little me...I bragged about how I'm such a great driver, about what a bunch of sh*t-talking wimps AMG drivers are, about how my M5 will turn 12.6's, but don't you guys go expecting me to keep my word and actually show up at a track to prove it, because, um, err, well, I'm camera shy!!"

Even when a $500 reward was offered for each and every verified 12.6 or better you ran, you wouldn't do it, because you obviously *can't* do it. So, please: stop talking sh*t. You've been owned so many times in this thread lying (yes, lying) like a rug that it isn't even funny, and have more excuses than a preacher caught at a brothel.

Here, in black and white, is the promise you made about Moroso (on November 29th, a full month ago):
I am gonna go to the track but I have exams all week for school. I didn't go last week because of a problem that I told SGC about. The only thing about the track is that I am most likely not going to put up times that equate to my car's potential right off the bat because I have never gone to the track before. I am going to have to get used to it then put up times that equate to my car's actual performance. I think this is understandable.
No, APK, it is not understandable. If you're good enough to run the 12.6 times you're claiming on the street, then you can run them at the track. This really makes me laugh....is there something physically different from running a 12.6 on a concrete street and a concrete dragstrip?? What a joke!

And this wasn't the only promise you made. You promised to go in this post as well, made November 24th:
Originally Posted by SGC
apk1013, no problem.

If you want to go to Moroso one night, e-mail me.
Definitely!!! You live in Jupiter, right??
Definitely NOT is more like it. This is especially pathetic coming as it does on the heels of your smack-talking, which like damn near everything else you have written is nothing but a pack of lies.

You only wanted to race CL55s? A lie. You agreed to run any supercharged AMG, not only a CL55...it was only *after* the E55s agreed to show that you started this canard.

Anyone can see that you have neither the horsepower, the driving skills, nor the b*lls to go to a track and put down the numbers you're claiming.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-30-2004 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
ok guys... heres the scenerio... from South Miami to North Fort Lauderdale it is raining cats and dogs and theres more rain to come 2night... race has been postponed, to make it clear nobody is making excuses or putting anything off this time. Nobody is going to be stupid enough to race in the rain. God did not intend for this race to happen tonight!!! I'll keep you guys posted on further developments... So far Ive spoken to 2 E55 owners on the phone so far: SGC and Sisiwati!!! Moroso is still a chance but the track will be closed until mid January 2005. I expect to get this race done and over with before that so its going to be nothing nonVHT prepped pavement.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:55 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Don't sweat it man, even if you run 14's on your first run (very likely since you get to feel out traction, etc). My first run with my E55, I got like 13.02 or something like that, then the 2nd run I was mid 12's then last run (I think it was the last, can't remember) I got low 12's. It takes some pratice and feel/understanding of your car. Although you will lose to all 55K cars but who cares (all of us 55K owners knew that from the beginning of this thread) in the end you'll understand your car better and you will probably leave the track having made a few more friends (Imprviz not included... )
Old 12-30-2004, 08:02 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Don't sweat it man, even if you run 14's on your first run (very likely since you get to feel out traction, etc). My first run with my E55, I got like 13.02 or something like that, then the 2nd run I was mid 12's then last run (I think it was the last, can't remember) I got low 12's. It takes some pratice and feel/understanding of your car. Although you will lose to all 55K cars but who cares (all of us 55K owners knew that from the beginning of this thread) in the end you'll understand your car better and you will probably leave the track having made a few more friends (Imprviz not included... )
Excluding Improviz, there's some really cool guys on this board. I look forward to meeting some of you guys soon.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
Moroso is open January 5th, a few of us are meeting up there....
Old 12-30-2004, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
midnight madness or just test and tune night?

Im interested in going!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
I will be there with my C6 and Fikse will be there with his C32 (soon to be E55) Dave will be there with his Ford GT and a bunch of NOS C6's. Jan 5th. Get there early if you want to have 4 runs in by 8pm. After that time you will only get two or 3 for the remainder of the night.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
It's just regular test and tune as per their site....

BenzoAMGpower: I think I raced you on the turnpike a while ago... you have the carbon fiber hood? I was in a midnight blue C32....

my C32 is in getting some kind of pulley replaced by MB, so I might be bringing the Viper instead....

Last edited by Fikse; 12-30-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Other than improviz, no one is going to bust on you no matter how you do at the track. In the end, we're all just car nuts.

1. the track is safe
2. Time slips are fun and will give you something to measure your performance with, this gives you a benchmark to strive for and makes you a better driver.
3. Noone has to tape anything, post the times slips is all
4. dude, in all you'll have a good time, you'll actually have fun with those guys, based on chill's posts, I'd bet he's a riot
I second that. We have all had bad, bad runs at the strip. Anybody that ranks on you for bad runs and less than stellar driving (2.5 second 60 foot times) has never tried to race a six speed at the strip. Just do it. C'mon. It will be fun. Just for showing up and trying - you will earn back some of the respect that you lost.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:12 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
I do not want my first run of my life at a track to be videotaped and broadcasted for the whole world to see. I have never run at the track before. I doubt I will be able to show you what my car is capable of the first time I go to the track.

I will be at Moroso on January 5th if the weather holds out.

APK, we have all screwed up at the track at one time or another. I personally don't care if you run a 12.0 or a 14.0, I think it would be a good time if everyone got together.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Fikse
It's just regular test and tune as per their site....

BenzoAMGpower: I think I raced you on the turnpike a while ago... you have the carbon fiber hood? I was in a midnight blue C32....

my C32 is in getting some kind of pulley replaced by MB, so I might be bringing the Viper instead....
ohhh man that was you? What a small world this is!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??