W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 BMW M5
I am just curious. What is faster a Z06 or a CL55? Let me know!!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Motor Trend tested both in the same test:

Originally Posted by APK1013
I am just curious. What is faster a Z06 or a CL55? Let me know!!
You really don't read much, do you? I've posted the following graphic about ten times for you, and you didn't read it once??

Anyway, in this stock-to-stock head-to-head, Motor Trend tested the CL55 faster in 2/3 tests (the 'vette won the standing mile by 0.1):

Old 12-22-2004, 04:05 AM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Improviz
You really don't read much, do you? I've posted the following graphic about ten times for you, and you didn't read it once??

Anyway, in this stock-to-stock head-to-head, Motor Trend tested the CL55 faster in 2/3 tests (the 'vette won the standing mile by 0.1):

Thanks again, I just wanted to figure something out because my brother has a ZO6.!
Old 12-23-2004, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Well, a picture says a thousand words, and...

...a video says even more.

Here are three videos of an S55, which has same motor, driveline, drivetrain, gearing, tires as CL55--only difference is that it weighs a bit more, 4,300 pounds (the CL55 weighs 4,255):

http://www.geocities.com/mrjumjum/0-100mphBadLaunch.wmv

http://www.geocities.com/mrjumjum/0-...aunch_0002.wmv

http://www.geocities.com/mrjumjum/S5590-157mph_0001.wmv

Even with bad launches, on both videos it gets from 0-100 in under ten seconds (in the faster one it's actually just over nine!)...with the traction control *on*!! (Watch the little yellow triangle in the speedo going nuts, which indicates the traction control, and listen to how it cuts the engine power in response to the massive wheelspin at lanch).

Thanks again, I just wanted to figure something out because my brother has a ZO6.!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Why don't you just shut up and stop *****ing and wining about CL55 or E55?
It doesn't matter. Just run against either one of those since they have almost identical accel. performance. Just run.. Just run!!!! It's that simple, u idiot.
Even I beat M5 with my clk55. Just shut up and run and all the M5 owners need to admit the facts as well.
The true reality can really hurt, but that's the way it is.
Just go run and shut up.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:34 AM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by JLee81
It doesn't matter. Just run against either one of those since they have almost identical accel. performance. Just run.. Just run!!!! It's that simple, u idiot.
Even I beat M5 with my clk55. Just shut up and run and all the M5 owners need to admit the facts as well.
Just go run and shut up.
The CL55 (with 20's) is definitely slower than an E55. The E55 that you want me to run is a modded one that will destroy a CL55. I would be willing to bet anyone that SGC will smoke a stock CL55. All I know is that my brother has a lightly modded Z06 that I run all of the time. We have all agreed to run after the holidays.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Just go run and shut up.

JLee - please tell us how you really feel.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:25 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
The E55 that you want me to run is a modded one that will destroy a CL55.
Modded? K&N Filters and Drag Radials. I'll remove both.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Correction:

A 2001-2002 non-supercharged CL55, which is what you ran, is slower than an E55. With an expert professional driving, M5's take 11.8-12 seconds to get to 100. Any of the supercharged AMGs will do it in under 10, with traction control on as can be seen by pulling your head out for approximately 30 seconds and watching the S55 videos I posted yesterday. The S55 is heavier than the CL55.

And if you weren't such a total ignoramus, you'd know that the reason SGC's car is running low 12's is because a) he put drag radials on the car, and b) he is a very good driver.

Does the concept of "traction limited" mean anything to you at all? Do you not understand that launching a car with nearly 600 lb-ft of torque shod with 265 series tires will result in lots of time-robbing wheelspin, no matter what you do?

Now, here's a helpful hint: see the pretty little underlined sentences and phrases in my posts? They are links to data which show that you are wrong. Point and click on them with your mouse, and learn something.

Read what Road & Track had to say about launching the SL55, which according to Mercedes weighs exactly the same (4,235 pounds) as the CL55 AMG weighs (4.255 pounds) in the following 0-100-0 shootout:

Remember: point with your mouse and click. Learn. Three links there for you to click on, divorce yourself from your strange, parallel reality, and consider some cold, hard facts.

Originally Posted by Road & Track
Launching the Ferrari and the Mercedes with their massive available torque is no easy task. The trick here is to balance wheelspin appropriately to maximize power application and grip. At first, traction control is switched on for both cars. But unlike the E55 AMG sedan where the computer helps to generate the best runs, here the electronics interferes by cutting the power too much. The 575M and the SL55 AMG's fastest acceleration runs are achieved by turning the traction control off and using judicious throttle control.....

....Getting the Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG going from a standing start is much harder. The SL55 has more torque, and the lack of consistency from the automatic transmission driving the rear wheels does not help matters. Due to the supercharged nature of the AMG engine, even though no lag is apparent, power still comes with just a slight delay. This means that to get to the rpm where the supercharger is working 100 percent, deeper throttle application is required off the line. Consequently, probably more wheelspin than optimal is invoked. But by keeping the rear 285/35ZR-18 Pirelli P Zero Rossos spinning just a bit most of the way in 1st gear, the car turns in its fastest acceleration time of the day.
They said the same thing about the E55:
Originally Posted by Road & Track
When it is time for the Mercedes' turn on the start line, the traction control is also turned off following our standard procedures. Based on our experience, disabling the traction control allows the engine to get to its powerband sooner, albeit sacrificing some initial wheelspin for a better overall acceleration time. However, in the case of the E55 AMG, the tremendous torque available on tap proved to be difficult to control without electronic assistance. Not helping is the lack of direct control over the engine torque output via the automatic transmission. Apply too little throttle and the Merc hesitates off the line. Just a smidgen deeper into the gas, the rear wheels light up instantly and leave a trail of tire marks.
Now then, you keep talking about how much "slower" the CL55 is than the E55, without one shred of evidence to back it up. Here is documented test evidence for an E55, and for an SL55, which again weighs the same as a CL55:

0-100, E55: 9.8 seconds.
0-100, SL55: 9.9 seconds.

AND AGAIN: THE SL55 WEIGHS THE SAME AS THE CL55!!!

Dude, you really are about the dumbest person I've ever dealt with on the Internet. No matter what information, be it Mercedes' own acceleration specs, Motor Trend's road test data for the E55 and CL55, Road & Track's test of the SL55 and E55, videos, dyno plots, whatever, is provided, you just keep lying and insisting, without one single solitary shred of proof, that the E55 will walk the CL55.

And I've had it: you are full of , and I'm going to call you on it: provided your M5 is stock, or relatively stock, on stock tires (or at least stock-width non drag radials), I will pay you personally out of my own pocket $500 for any verified wins or ties against a supercharged CL55 at any dragstrip of your choice. I ask simply that members of this forum be on hand to verify and videotape the event.

Let's see you show up and put your money where your lying mouth is, because I'm sick of hearing this crap.

Got the sack to show up (for once) like a man and put your money where your mouth is, or do you want to keep spewing with no evidence??

You have been polluting this forum and the M5 board with your lies and lack of action for long enough, calling AMG owners "little old ladies" who didn't have the guts to show, only to wimp out like a little girl once one of them called you on it.

Well, I'm calling you out again. Put up, or shut up and slink back to the Bimmer boards with your little tail between your legs, where even your fellow BMW owners were telling you flat-out that you'd get your little behind spanked by any of the supercharged 5.5L AMGs.

The CL55 (with 20's) is definitely slower than an E55. The E55 that you want me to run is a modded one that will destroy a CL55. I would be willing to bet anyone that SGC will smoke a stock CL55. All I know is that my brother has a lightly modded Z06 that I run all of the time. We have all agreed to run after the holidays.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-23-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll race ya and I don't care what you've done to your M5
Old 12-23-2004, 05:17 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
And if you weren't such a total ignoramus, you'd know that the reason SGC's car is running low 12's is because a) he put drag radials on the car, and b) he is a very good driver.
Also recall that I ran 12.1 @116 on the stock Continentials with a 1.9 short time.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Ah, hadn't seen that one!

In that case, reverse a) and b)!!!

Originally Posted by SGC
Also recall that I ran 12.1 @116 on the stock Continentials with a 1.9 short time.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:34 PM

Improviz,

Stop bombarding him with so much information, its obvious he doesn't bother to read any of your posts. Your wasting your time with him, and in effect he's winning because he's got you so agrivated and eager to prove him wrong. In a proper run the SC 55's will beat an E39 convincingly, we all know this fact including APK1013 so lets leave it at that.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Oh, I'm actually enjoying it, reggid!

This guy is so full of it, he's overflowing.

Look at the other cars he claims to have beaten in his mighty M5:

Cadillac CTS-V:

Porsche Turbo (says he pulled it in first and second gears, and beat it to 80mph--yeah, right)

And, of course, the CL55, which started this whole mess:

Oh, and then there was his claim that his M5 would run a 12.6 or 12.7...until we actually rounded up a supercharged Benz, challenged him to show up at a track and do it, when suddenly the excuses started flowing.

He's nothing but a trash-talker...even the M5 owners over there thought he was full of

Last edited by Improviz; 12-23-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:34 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
This guy is so full of it, he's overflowing.

Look at the other cars he claims to have beaten in his mighty M5:

Cadillac CTS-V:

Porsche Turbo (says he pulled it in first and second gears, and beat it to 80mph--yeah, right)

And, of course, the CL55, which started this whole mess:

Oh, and then there was his claim that his M5 would run a 12.6 or 12.7...until we actually rounded up a supercharged Benz, challenged him to show up at a track and do it, when suddenly the excuses started flowing.

He's nothing but a trash-talker...even the M5 owners over there thought he was full of

Why bother...any 55K will toast the E39 M5 in a straight line race. I have met plenty of M5 folks in the last 4 years and I can't honestly say that I've met 1 "arrogant" one in person ever. I truly admire the E39 M5, but fact is my E55 is just plain faster, off the line and moving, even the M5 guys know that. Funny thing is, I always get "...but once on the twiesties..." You know, I can't say that there is any race track style twiesties in my area so I could care less about them...heck if I wanted to throw my car around I'd get a 911TT and just call it a day.

For a second there, I thought a race was going to happend when a fellow E55'er volunteered.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:56 AM

2003 BMW M5
You are asking me to run 11's to have a chance to win the race. I have never claimed to be able to do this. 12.6 or 12.7 is a lot different than 12.0.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Do you really own the car? why don't you let us see it first with your mods and so on? Possibly a Vin number? I am really wondering what this M5 looks like. Not being sarcastic. Just want to see the mods you claimed that you put on your car.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:06 AM

2003 BMW M5
Do you really own the car? why don't you let us see it first with your mods and so on? Possibly a Vin number? I am really wondering what this M5 looks like. Not being sarcastic. Just want to see the mods you claimed that you put on your car.
The outside looks pretty much stock because my rims are being re-clear coated. The only differences that can be seen are the active intakes and my tips. All of my mods are pretty much just for air going in and air going out. The stock M5 is very restrictive, so letting it breathe opens up quite a bit of power. I will post some pics as soon as I can.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No, I am asking you to do what you claim to have done!

I repeat: $500 for any verified win/tie by you in a stock or lightly modded M5 against a supercharged CL55 at a strip (presumably Moroso).

And I'll even add to the offer: if you can run a certified 12.6 at Moroso, I'll also give you $500. This, of course, would be on street tires, without the fronts pumped up to 90psi, witnessed and verified by Miami C55 and/or SGC, yadda yadda...

Put up, or shut up.

You are asking me to run 11's to have a chance to win the race. I have never claimed to be able to do this. 12.6 or 12.7 is a lot different than 12.0.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You don't think an M5 can run a 12.6 with no or little mods?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:59 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Actually, it takes quite a bit to get the E39 M5 to hit 12.6, not trying to be funny or arrogant, but for example, Dinan Intake and say exhaust are crap in terms of power ( I say Dinan since they are IMO best quality stuff for BMW in the US and I assume M5 owners put high quality stuff in their cars), even that won't get you to 12.6 IMO, I could be wrong. When I had a Dinan5 540, short of the S/C, I didn't gain much power with Intake, ECU, Exhaust, TB so I assume that would be case with the M5.
Didn't MT or one of the mags test out the Dinan M5 at high 12s in the 1/4 with mods up the wazoo?

So is this race gonna happen? Honestly, I could care less who wins, although I know what the outcome will be whether it be a CL55 or E55, at least at the end of the day you guys can possibly walk away friends.

Improviz, question for you...I assume, forgive me if I'm wrong, that you probably know a few CLK55 folks. I'm in the DC area and I see a Silver CLK55K - Kleeman (i can tell by the trunk lid) lowered with rims. If you know him, ask him to post, I wanted to hook up with him and go to the track to see that BEAST run.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Two for one response:

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
No. I've run many M5's, and they are not mid-12 cars. I've run mid-12 cars, and the difference is huge.

Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Improviz, question for you...I assume, forgive me if I'm wrong, that you probably know a few CLK55 folks. I'm in the DC area and I see a Silver CLK55K - Kleeman (i can tell by the trunk lid) lowered with rims. If you know him, ask him to post, I wanted to hook up with him and go to the track to see that BEAST run.
Don't know him, but then I'm not in DC! You might ping on the CLK55 forum...
Old 12-25-2004, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I repeat: $500 for any verified win/tie by you in a stock or lightly modded M5 against a supercharged CL55 at a strip (presumably Moroso).

And I'll even add to the offer: if you can run a certified 12.6 at Moroso, I'll also give you $500. This, of course, would be on street tires, without the fronts pumped up to 90psi, witnessed and verified by Miami C55 and/or SGC, yadda yadda...

Put up, or shut up.
I'll get in on that...
Old 12-25-2004, 11:19 AM

2003 BMW M5
I am not stock or what i would consider lightly modded. I have enough mods to break pretty well into the twelves with a good 60 foot time. I would not be running on street tires. I do not like to run on my 19" HRE's.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
I am not stock or what i would consider lightly modded. I have enough mods to break pretty well into the twelves with a good 60 foot time. I would not be running on street tires. I do not like to run on my 19" HRE's.
why not street tires? So what your saying is you need Drag Radials to launch?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??