Sponsored by:

E55AMG Has been Order!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55AMG Has been Order!

Wow... after a crucial month looking around in the bay for a E55amg... My friend and i (he bought it not me).. look every where..Every place we look all said 6-8 months b4 the car can get here. So i finally went to fremont Benz.. They gave us an estimated time of 2 months.. Which was great.. My friend got all the options. And they would not negotiate on price.. But i did pulled away with a 1000 dollars worth of accessories for his car. And i also got free all weather floor mats for my c230k 04. So i guess everything was great.. The only thing that im mad about is that i can't not believe how there are so many stupid sales people around in the bay area. We were ready to buy just that none of them knew what they were talking about. Finally we met the right people. Highly recommand auto park way in Fremont!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:53 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by JC C230K
Wow... after a crucial month looking around in the bay for a E55amg... My friend and i (he bought it not me).. look every where..Every place we look all said 6-8 months b4 the car can get here. So i finally went to fremont Benz.. They gave us an estimated time of 2 months.. Which was great.. My friend got all the options. And they would not negotiate on price.. But i did pulled away with a 1000 dollars worth of accessories for his car. And i also got free all weather floor mats for my c230k 04. So i guess everything was great.. The only thing that im mad about is that i can't not believe how there are so many stupid sales people around in the bay area. We were ready to buy just that none of them knew what they were talking about. Finally we met the right people. Highly recommand auto park way in Fremont!
congrats and nice job!

Before you go thinking all the other dealers are morons, I think that each dealer only has their allocations to work from, so that means the other guys weren't BS'ing you, they had sold all of their allocations up to 6 months out. You got lucky and found one that had an allocation available much sooner.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:08 PM

Congrats and enjoy the floor mates
Old 11-25-2004, 01:40 AM

2005 E55
the spec

heheh seems my friend beat me to the post. I signed up for an account yesterday to post and just got the email activation about an hour ago. So I can finally post now!

My friend JC C230K helped me to negotiate a bunch of accessories and he showed me this forum so I was able to do extensive research. You guys KICK SERIOUS ***!!

Well, I ordered *most* of the options but not quite all of them. This is what I spec'ed out:

Brilliant Silver Metallic, Charcoal/Dark Blue leather, Black Birdseye Maple trim, 319 Lighting Package, 317 Comfort Package (includes Active Ventilated Front & Drive Dynamic with Multicontour Seatbacks), Distronic, DVD COMAND Navi, Electronic Trunk Closer, Factory installed CD Changer, Keyless Go, Panorama Sunroof, Parktronic, Power Rear-Window Sunshade, Tire-Pressure Monitoring

I opted not to get the Hands-Free Comm System because it seems the V60 is somewhat outdated. And I might get the european bluetooth one later. Altho, the Voice Command feature seems cool. Is there a lot of non-phone COMAND (Radio/CD/Navi/etc) functionality that the VCS can be used for? I would like to hear from people who have VCS to find out what I might be missing out.

I decided not to get the Sirius because I saw on this forum that dealers usually mount the antenna on the trunk, and I don't like that. Besides, I might swap out the US Spec COMAND for the Eurospec one so I'll lose out the Sirius connectivity anyway. So I might just get an aftermarket Sirius unit and plug it thru AUX.

I opted out of the Rear Side-window blinds because the pics on mbusa.com doesn't look very professional and it is not powered. Besides, I'm gonna tint the windows anyway.

Any comments/suggestions? I was told my build date is in mid to late December, so I think I have time to make some changes.

Also, I'd be interested to hear what you guys got for accessories thrown-in by the dealerships for your orders.

FUN STUFF!

You guys are AWESOME!!

Korv
Old 11-25-2004, 03:15 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by korveine
heheh seems my friend beat me to the post. I signed up for an account yesterday to post and just got the email activation about an hour ago. So I can finally post now!

My friend JC C230K helped me to negotiate a bunch of accessories and he showed me this forum so I was able to do extensive research. You guys KICK SERIOUS ***!!

Well, I ordered *most* of the options but not quite all of them. This is what I spec'ed out:

Brilliant Silver Metallic, Charcoal/Dark Blue leather, Black Birdseye Maple trim, 319 Lighting Package, 317 Comfort Package (includes Active Ventilated Front & Drive Dynamic with Multicontour Seatbacks), Distronic, DVD COMAND Navi, Electronic Trunk Closer, Factory installed CD Changer, Keyless Go, Panorama Sunroof, Parktronic, Power Rear-Window Sunshade, Tire-Pressure Monitoring

I opted not to get the Hands-Free Comm System because it seems the V60 is somewhat outdated. And I might get the european bluetooth one later. Altho, the Voice Command feature seems cool. Is there a lot of non-phone COMAND (Radio/CD/Navi/etc) functionality that the VCS can be used for? I would like to hear from people who have VCS to find out what I might be missing out.

I decided not to get the Sirius because I saw on this forum that dealers usually mount the antenna on the trunk, and I don't like that. Besides, I might swap out the US Spec COMAND for the Eurospec one so I'll lose out the Sirius connectivity anyway. So I might just get an aftermarket Sirius unit and plug it thru AUX.

I opted out of the Rear Side-window blinds because the pics on mbusa.com doesn't look very professional and it is not powered. Besides, I'm gonna tint the windows anyway.

Any comments/suggestions? I was told my build date is in mid to late December, so I think I have time to make some changes.

Also, I'd be interested to hear what you guys got for accessories thrown-in by the dealerships for your orders.

FUN STUFF!

You guys are AWESOME!!

Korv
dude, your car sounds awesome, congrats!

Do a search on the bluetooth, I don't think it will be ready anytime soon and there are downsides to going with the euro command unit.

Be sure to tell your deal that you will not accept the conti-sport tires, tru to get them to get you PS2's, that's what I did

As for the sirius, I am having them mount the antenna under the rear deak. This will hold until I have my audio guy mount a small oe on the roof, behind the stock antenna.

Grats again!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:36 AM

2005 E55
DRCrowder,

Thanks! Dude your ride is HELLA PIMP!! the WHOLE WORKS!!

Designo and everything! KRAZINESS!

I think the Designo Silver look really good too but they didn't have it... oh well.

Korv
Old 11-27-2004, 03:20 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Bought my 211e55 last year (june) from the same dealer in Fremont. The owner, Tom Claridge, personally intervened on making the deal much more comfortable for me.