Sponsored by:

HPS Gen II in progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
I have driven it a little. I have a problem with the tank location for the intercooler. It's impossible to access the driver's side headlight and the hose to the intercooler is kinked because of the location. Major cojones. I'll be getting the tank relocated. The car's confused when cold so far, but nothing major. After warm up it's running good except it still has a hiccup coming off of full throttle. It still seems to be learning. There is very little blower noise, nothing like the first Gen I system I had on the E430.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Thumbs up Thanks for the invite....

Originally Posted by awiner
You should meet up with us all on Feb 5th for our annual Rose Bowl AMG/MB meet. I beleive the HPS Gen II will be there !!

See Event Info at:

https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/94782-socal-amg-owner-meet-update.html

And Ventura County Caravan info at:

https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/95467-ventura-county-san-fernando-valley-caravan-feb-5th-rose-bowl-meet.html
I would really enjoy meeting you guys and checking out your cars, but I will be attending a Wedding on Feb 5th, It's for one of my best friends and he asked me to be the best man so it's a special day I can't miss.
I'll definitely plan to attend the next available meet!!After this one....hope you guys have a good time...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-24-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Too bad you can't make it, it should be a big one. Getting the car back to HPS for the tank issue, and maybe an adjustment to the IC pump to run it a little more often. Slight pinging after bumper to bumper traffic and then heavy throttle. So far, so good.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Pinging?!?!?! thats not so good, detonation is not your friend, sounds like HPS has some issue to work out on your ride...good luck
Jason
Old 01-24-2005, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
How's the off line axceleration....

Originally Posted by Fast55
Too bad you can't make it, it should be a big one. Getting the car back to HPS for the tank issue, and maybe an adjustment to the IC pump to run it a little more often. Slight pinging after bumper to bumper traffic and then heavy throttle. So far, so good.
What do you think of the overall power improvment from stock? Does it really pin you back into your seat? :v I hope they clear up those tuning issues, that pinging (Detonation) sounds like the worst of it! I have talked to Adam before, and he sounds like a stand-up guy that is very concerned w/customer service, I'm sure they'll fix it...It's just something I'm sure you don't want to deal with after waiting so long to get your ride back.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The tank location is kinking the hose to the tank and it's getting hotter than it should in bumper to bumper traffic. I spoke with HPS and the owner at Mech Tech (the installer) and they're on it. Just to be safe, they're going to set up the inter-cooler pump to run sooner as well. It's not bad, but no pinging is OK. Probably just the kinked hose, but it's hard to be too safe. Power is nuts. I'll definitely need a set of drag radials to get a decent time out of it. With ESP off, you just go up in smoke if you nail it from a dead stop. I tried a rolling start at about 5-10, and HOLY ***** folks, she makes tracks. It's going back in a couple days and should only take them an afternoon to make the changes. I'll have more info from them including pictures soon.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Nnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccceeeeee!!!!!!! Now that's what I :v wanted to hear
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
The tank location is kinking the hose to the tank and it's getting hotter than it should in bumper to bumper traffic. I spoke with HPS and the owner at Mech Tech (the installer) and they're on it. Just to be safe, they're going to set up the inter-cooler pump to run sooner as well. It's not bad, but no pinging is OK. Probably just the kinked hose, but it's hard to be too safe. Power is nuts. I'll definitely need a set of drag radials to get a decent time out of it. With ESP off, you just go up in smoke if you nail it from a dead stop. I tried a rolling start at about 5-10, and HOLY ***** folks, she makes tracks. It's going back in a couple days and should only take them an afternoon to make the changes. I'll have more info from them including pictures soon.

Alright!!! Please keep up posted!!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Brad,

Rare color? First Gen.II? Smokin tires? Go get em tiger! :v
Old 01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon

Fast55, anymore updates? Hose kinking problem resolved? Any pics?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BENZGal
Brad,

Rare color? First Gen.II? Smokin tires? Go get em tiger! :v

Ha! Just got my first kill as a matter of fact!

Car was transported back to Mech Tech today to get the tank moved. Might be able to get another dyno while it's there.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Car was transported back to Mech Tech today to get the tank moved. Might be able to get another dyno while it's there.

........congratulations on your new beast. Will be very helpful for us if you can post a dynograph. Thanks.

Ted
Old 01-28-2005, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
..........i just saw a dyno posted on Benzworld. HPS claims a 175HP gain in a E 430 with their Gen II s/c. This brings the HP at the crank to 450 and at the wheel to 369 using a 20% drive train loss. I have no experience with HPS so I cannot vouch for their reliability or performance.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=8&fid=17

..........Donnie formally at Mbautowerks but now at MBS motors who is an excellent mechanic was able to get 425HP at the crank and 341HP at the wheel on a CLK430 using the Kleemann s/c, using the same correction factor.

http://www.mbautowerks.com/performance/00003/00003.html

.......at least as it stands from the above, HPS seems to be claiming similar or perharps even better performance from their Gen II s/c compared to Kleemann. It is not always possible to know the entire truth because dynos can be doctored and manupulated etc. More dynos of HPS gen II from various shops will be very useful. With AMG going back to NA aspirated engines, I think the market for aftermarket s/c's is going to increase significantly.

Ted