Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Service Comes Through

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB Service Comes Through

I tracked my E55 back in May and I cooked the front rotors bad (tires were long gone). I finally brought the car in for service and I told the service manager the brakes were rough. He asked "What do you mean?" I said, "What do you want me to tell you? I can only say I will never do it again."

New brakes, no charge. It may have helped that I have dropped a $1/4 mil at the dealership over the last year, but I didn't mention it and they got it done. A bottle of Dom for the MB and Porsche service writers and I'm on my way (Dom after he said it was covered for the record, the Porsche was insurance).
Old 12-14-2004, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
So how does it handle on a track, what do you think? Can you compare it to somthign you have or similar to E55?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do a search I think you can find previous comments from me and dr chill. In a nutshell,

1. viscous grunt (torque)
2. understeers like a mother (had the front tires to 55psi hot and still fought understeer like mad)
3. the brakes cannot handle the weight of the car - serious risk (search some threads)
4. predictable and easy to control (need to remove stability to go fast)

All in all, it is fun but you are asking the car to do something it's not designed for and it will suffer, but you will smile. Watch the brakes!