Sponsored by:

Driving in rain and snow??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't currently own a vehicle.
Driving in rain and snow??????

Hey guys, I was just wondering about how the car drives in rain and snow. With that much power and being rear wheel drive, do you have problems? Or do all of you have alternate cars for such occasions?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
This car drives like a true beast when equipped with Michelin PS2 tires. The stock tires suck but having the right tires on this car changes everything. For the winter and spring months I have Pilot Sport A/S so driving in the rain is no problem. Car handles well like it should and I have no complaints and am quite happy with its wet traction performance.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Car Freak
Hey guys, I was just wondering about how the car drives in rain and snow. With that much power and being rear wheel drive, do you have problems? Or do all of you have alternate cars for such occasions?
To tell you the truth i was worried too, but when i drove in the rain with stock conties I could launch pretty hard and still get alot of traction, ofcorse if you smack the pedal all the way then you have problems, but if you use it gently you get alot of traction + alot of aceleration, and i also drove with stock contis in 2cm snow, i was worried that i wont go anywhere but to tell you the truth i was very surprised the car drove pretty well, but you must be VEry very gental, I'm puting winter tyres this week and we'll see how would it drive with alot of snow. I'm still pised off with coments in reviews about tracion problems, it's simply not true!

Bottom line: if you will not slam the pedal like an idiot you will never have traction problem! :v