W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Video] Jeremy Clarkson's commentary on the E55

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
[/b]

I've driven cars with stalls from 3000 up to 5000. 5000 is not very pleasant, 4000 is borderline, but a 3000-3800 stall is actually quite tolerable for daily driving. Many Supras do this upgrade and drive around all day on it.

It's not difficult to get a custom torque converter made if you can get a group of people together. Any of the big manufacturers around here would be more than willing to do it.

[/b]

I own a Chrysler? Wow, nice echo of a previous "joke" made earlier. Mercedes owns Chrysler, unlike Audi where it's the opposite - it is owned by VW...

[/b]

I had a 1.8T. I'm not talking about little 4 cylinders making 400hp. I'm talking about AWD cars making 800, 1000, and 1200hp. GTRs. DSMs. etc. They break drivetrain parts even with straight cut gears, tons of weight reduction, and a host of other preventative mods. Drag racing is not kind to AWD drivetrains... it's the reason no prostock cars or faster are AWD. I've had numerous AWD cars. I'm very aware of their shortcomings and their advantages. You can drag race a manual AWD car, and it can be done well. However, given two cars, identical weight, horsepower, sticky tires, etc... the one with a properly sized torque converter will 9 out of 10 out ET a manual car. AWD or RWD. Doesn't matter.

[/b]

Your ignorance is showing again. A transbrake is in rough terms a step up from a highstall, because it basically loads the drivetrain by sticking the car in reverse and drive at the same time, which creates the maximum stall speed for the torque convertor. I know transbrakes very well... hell I had pictures of my friend launching on his transbrake'd Supra in front of my house. It's wild hearing a monster turbo spool with the reverse lights on.

A linelock rarely is used in actual staging, a line lock is used for the burnout procedure to keep the front wheels from moving forward while the rears are spinning and heating up. There is absolutely line-lock systems for ABS cars. I have seen a few real ghetto drag cars with 4 wheel line locks used instead of a proper TC and trans brake setup.

[/b]

You really think you are getting to me with your constant inferences to google. I have proof of cars I've built... some which with 1 motor have more hp than probably all the cars you've ever owned. I have numerous posts on here, supraforums.com, and even a self-written profile on t04r.com under my name as my credentials. Where are yours? You love talking so big and have consistently posted misinformation or incomplete facts alluding to you are much more likely the one referencing google.

-m

LOL all that typing and none about euro cars. I have yet to hear "ONE" word about your euro highly modified fantasy cars. "A transbrake is in rough terms a step up from a highstall, because it basically loads the drivetrain by sticking the car in reverse and drive at the same time, which creates the maximum stall speed for the torque convertor."
LOLOLOL hahaha you went out and searched for it! Good job. And yes, transbrake and high stall tc you mentioned are NOT the same thing. Look the only thing you are doing here is rerouting the whole topic about jeremy clarkson's taste trying to brag about your little nip poopra (nothing more than just a good beater) We would obviously never have this conversation if Jeremy said "hurray, E55!!" You are trying to come to a point, yet you just can't quiet get there. Nice try though. The only ignorance I see here is your anger towards tv show reviewer's opinion as well as your constant talk about your poopra. If you REALLY want to brag about it, go to your ricer forum to those who do care about your poopra. Once again you are leading to an off topic subject here. I'll be a grown up that I am and end it here. Unlike a fat kid who've alread stated that he's going to stop posting years ago. Run along now troll
Old 01-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dude shut up, you're getting annoying now. If you really want another detailed factual response, bring something other then stupid worthless insults to the table.

Repect to be respected.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Dude shut up, you're getting annoying now. If you really want another detailed factual response, bring something other then stupid worthless insults to the table.

Repect to be respected.
Thank You! Needed to be said.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Originally Posted by dtmpower
LOL all that typing and none about euro cars. I have yet to hear "ONE" word about your euro highly modified fantasy cars. "A transbrake is in rough terms a step up from a highstall, because it basically loads the drivetrain by sticking the car in reverse and drive at the same time, which creates the maximum stall speed for the torque convertor."
LOLOLOL hahaha you went out and searched for it! Good job. And yes, transbrake and high stall tc you mentioned are NOT the same thing. Look the only thing you are doing here is rerouting the whole topic about jeremy clarkson's taste trying to brag about your little nip poopra (nothing more than just a good beater) We would obviously never have this conversation if Jeremy said "hurray, E55!!" You are trying to come to a point, yet you just can't quiet get there. Nice try though. The only ignorance I see here is your anger towards tv show reviewer's opinion as well as your constant talk about your poopra. If you REALLY want to brag about it, go to your ricer forum to those who do care about your poopra. Once again you are leading to an off topic subject here. I'll be a grown up that I am and end it here. Unlike a fat kid who've alread stated that he's going to stop posting years ago. Run along now troll
Well I think that pretty much sums it up for you, as well as the two responses above. I've had my share of Euro cars, including an A4, E46 M3, W210 E55 AMG, and my current W211 E55 AMG. I'm sure that's more than I can say for you.

In any event, I could really give a f' all about what Mr. Clarkson says about the E55... I too debated between the RS6 and E55 and for my personal criteria the E55 fit better. Pretty simple really.

I welcome you to call Sound Performance @ (630) 893-5002. They are the local shop here who build insane Japanese GT cars. Ask for Max. Then ask him if he remembers launching on his transbrake in front of my house. While you are at it, talk to Larry (the owner, and personal friend of mine) over there and ask him if I know anything about Supras. I can go on and on. You want to keep calling me out on what I post? Well there you have it. Now you are getting called on it. You keep dishing out the trash and I keep fielding it like Ozzie Guillen. Hell, I'd get Max to come and post here but you are really nothing but a pathetic waste of time. Another mere ignoramus for me to humiliate.

I have to commend you though, you made my job quite easy.

Have a great day.

-m