Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
E65 ////amg

Hello,

As for those who don't know, I own a black '03 E55 ////AMG. I love her, she treats me right, but I fear she is falling behind, in the world of todays exotic vehicles shes a bit behind. I wan't something more powerful, I have gone to Brabus in Newport Beach, Cali, and the price they gave me for an upgrade is outrageous. So, I thought and thought some more, and suddenly wondered where the hell is the E65? Is there one? Will there be one?

I have three Mercedes-Benz(s). And I am willing, perfectly willing, to trade all of them in, or sell them, or somehow get rid of them for an E65. Well, maybe not my SL6, but the other two, I would. So, does anyone has any info on the E65; performance numbers, price tag, pictures, etc.? I heard rumuors about it- I have, however, not been able to confirm anything, so I came to where I though Mercedes-Benz nerds hang out (before you think its an insult- Im here too!) , so again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Fallin behind?" Silly me, at least when it comes to - Enzo, GT, CGT, and so on... and the new Vette, with which I have an ordeal to settle. :v

And if this is posted, in some other thread- I have not seen it- so please don't start telling me, the topics elsewhere, I've not been able to locate it. If there is one.

Again thanks for the help!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:14 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
I don't think you are really falling behind, your car has a great foundation to build off of. I know the SL65 is fast but on paper it is really not much faster than your E55, maybe a .1 sec or so. For 12k you could buy your self a pulley kit, tires, ECU, headers, LSD and new intakes. This would give your car about 100hp more, which is plenty in the real world. With that kind of HP you will be lucky to hook up at the track.
Sometimes I feel my 210 is way behind but in reality it is fine. It is only because I'm comparing myself to the people on this forum, which is kind of unrealitic, specaily when I parking next to Toyotas and Nissan's all day.
I say keep you car and make it a project.
Mario
Old 01-03-2005, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I tend to disagree with you. My E with Kleemann Stage 2 runs the 1/4 mile faster than the SL600 and the SL65 per Car & Driver. And we can put 5 people in our car while looking like a $50,000 grocery getter.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
I tend to disagree with you. My E with Kleemann Stage 2 runs the 1/4 mile faster than the SL600 and the SL65 per Car & Driver. And we can put 5 people in our car while looking like a $50,000 grocery getter.
Actually recheck the figures, friend. You pull an acclaimed 11.85 vs. my 11.9, with 5 people in the car, you would pull a 12.7 or slower. Don't get too ****y. I admit your fast, but if we both went to the track, and ran my SL6 vs your E55 all day long, I gaurentee you would not always win, you will win, just not all the time.

Also, after the 1/4 mile, by by E55- my extra 80 lbs of tq, will pull away, and leave you and your "grocery getter" in the dust. Come on, why you got to come here and start insulting my cars, lately, everyone here has been doing that- its like a secret vendetta I don't know about. WTF? All I asked, is if there is or is not an E65, not what car you drive, or whatever time you run in the 1/4.

As for E55Cent, I like your idea, and I love your car Amazing rims. But, I want to wait until I get info on the E65 until possibly making a choice. Thanks for your help, and Im sure to remember it, when the time comes.

BTW: Hot shot with the E55 Kleeman kit, who do you disagree with? Because, E55Cent was saying to upgrade my E55, and 'yours' is upgraded, so why disagree? Would you not tend to agree?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 AM

I feel exactly the same as Lexani. I would also trade my E55 for an E65 any day. Just build it and put a LSD and tires bigger than 285 in the rear.

amgB
Old 01-04-2005, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Love the enthusiasm people- but is there going to be an E65? :p
Old 01-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lexani
I would love to see them build it, and knowing Mercedes, I wouldn't be too surprised to see an E65 in the future, but probably not with this bodystyle I am guessing. They need to address traction issues first.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C 320 CDI 4M W204 / C43 AMG (W202) / C 220 CDI T (S203) / ZX-10R Ninja
There will be an E65 but I can't tell you exactly when! Probably next year but if we're lucky this year. I know MB built one for the case the M5 would be faster than our E55!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lexani, you ok buddy? That prescription running a bit low that keeps the nightmares away? Don't worry, the government is here to help.

Actually recheck the figures, friend. You pull an acclaimed 11.85 vs. my 11.9, with 5 people in the car, you would pull a 12.7 or slower. Don't get too ****y. I admit your fast, but if we both went to the track, and ran my SL6 vs your E55 all day long, I gaurentee you would not always win, you will win, just not all the time.
Acclaimed? Nice one. Recheck what figures? I reference the "Car and Driver" numbers for the SL. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I checked them again and they are still slower, according to "Car and Driver" than a modded E.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2

Also, after the 1/4 mile, by by E55- my extra 80 lbs of tq, will pull away, and leave you and your "grocery getter" in the dust. Come on, why you got to come here and start insulting my cars, lately, everyone here has been doing that- its like a secret vendetta I don't know about. WTF? All I asked, is if there is or is not an E65, not what car you drive, or whatever time you run in the 1/4.
You are absolutely correct. Because I don't do much racing from 120-180 mph, that wasn't my focus. Who is insulting your cars? I think the SL's are the hottest looking cars in the world other than Ferraris and Lamborghinis which are not daily drivers for the most part.

In the process of asking about an E65 (no that isn't listed 7 times after a search for E65- https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=305503) you claimed that the E55 had "fallen behind" and you "want something more powerful" to deal with the "Enzo, GT, CGT" and the new vette. I didn't intend to hurt your SL's feelings or brag about my E. I've done nothing magical to my car, only been a guinea pig with mods available to everyone. I was trying to pointing out that your E has sufficient power to beat 2 of the 4 cars you listed, with the exception being the $450,000 CGT and the $1 million Enzo.

Come to think of it, I think your SL with drag radials would hang with both of them with their 11.2's.

BTW: Hot shot with the E55 Kleeman kit, who do you disagree with? Because, E55Cent was saying to upgrade my E55, and 'yours' is upgraded, so why disagree? Would you not tend to agree?
I disagree that the E55 has fallen behind. You said you went to Brabus to check on upgrades. I pointed out that with $12,000 in mods, you've got a luxury 4 door sedan that will beat the Ford GT and the Lamborghini Murcielago in the 1/4 mile. That to me is rather amazing. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings so please accept my apology. My appreciation for the E is at times a bit too furvent. If they weren't a bit too showy for my work, I'd be in a SL600 right now. They are truly great cars.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Derek...how was your experience at your tuner in Tampa...the salesmanager at MB of Tampa also gave them to me as a possible tuner for my car...

Peace.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Derek...how was your experience at your tuner in Tampa...the salesmanager at MB of Tampa also gave them to me as a possible tuner for my car...

Peace.
Chris Chapas is very good and I would highly recommend him. His attention to detail and sense of customer service is unparalleled. The last time he worked on my car he left a Christmas party @ 9PM on a Saturday night to pick me up at the Tampa Airport so I could get back and race the next morning. He does an awesome job.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Lexani, you ok buddy? That prescription running a bit low that keeps the nightmares away? Don't worry, the government is here to help."

Seems so, what once I had an abudance of- is now but a slim supply.

"Acclaimed? Nice one. Recheck what figures? I reference the "Car and Driver" numbers for the SL. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I checked them again and they are still slower, according to "Car and Driver" than a modded E.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2"

Well, I was refering to your acclaimed, 11.85, not my time(s). Geez.

"You are absolutely correct. Because I don't do much racing from 120-180 mph, that wasn't my focus. Who is insulting your cars? I think the SL's are the hottest looking cars in the world other than Ferraris and Lamborghinis which are not daily drivers for the most part."

Ready my first post about the E65.

"In the process of asking about an E65 (no that isn't listed 7 times after a search for E65- https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=305503) you claimed that the E55 had "fallen behind" and you "want something more powerful" to deal with the "Enzo, GT, CGT" and the new vette. I didn't intend to hurt your SL's feelings or brag about my E. I've done nothing magical to my car, only been a guinea pig with mods available to everyone. I was trying to pointing out that your E has sufficient power to beat 2 of the 4 cars you listed, with the exception being the $450,000 CGT and the $1 million Enzo. Come to think of it, I think your SL with drag radials would hang with both of them with their 11.2's."

What on earth are Drag Radials!? I know there some type of tires, but like, who makes them? I always figured my Michelins are pretty good?

"I disagree that the E55 has fallen behind. You said you went to Brabus to check on upgrades. I pointed out that with $12,000 in mods, you've got a luxury 4 door sedan that will beat the Ford GT and the Lamborghini Murcielago in the 1/4 mile. That to me is rather amazing. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings so please accept my apology. My appreciation for the E is at times a bit too furvent. If they weren't a bit too showy for my work, I'd be in a SL600 right now. They are truly great cars."

Agreed. For once.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Acclaimed?

Well, I was refering to your acclaimed, 11.85, not my time(s). Geez.
I was completely aware of your insinuation. Ironic that I spoke to the abilities of your E while you, albeit in a roundabout way, call me a liar and then choose to reiterate it in an additional post.

Let me know when you want to run our cars and you can "acclaim" as you see nothing but my tail lights.

As for drag radials, try the button between NEW POSTS and QUICK LINKS.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was completely aware of your insinuation. Ironic that I spoke to the abilities of your E while you, albeit in a roundabout way, call me a liar and then choose to reiterate it in an additional post.

Let me know when you want to run our cars and you can "acclaim" as you see nothing but my tail lights.

As for drag radials, try the button between NEW POSTS and QUICK LINKS.
I don't even know if thats dignified with a response. Why are we talking about my E55? Damn it, all I asked was for E65 info, not for your ****ing times for your kit 2 Kleeman whatever the **** you have. And meet me at one of our meets, I gaurentte you, you might win the 1/4, but Im stopping after that- because the tables turn, friend. And, probably by the time we race, I'll have my Lorinser for my SL6, and than you can check my up-side down dual triangle exhaust.

You know, Im just curious, do you have a problem with me, or you wan't to rub your 'faster' 1/4 mile times, in my face, because Im confused? Again, why did you even brind it up?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:46 AM

2000 E55
wow, you guys are all nerds. who the hell really cares who has the quickest elapsed times at the dragstrip or who has the most futuristic looking exhaust pipes??? i am new to this forum and think that after reading all of your jack-*** responses i am done with it too. nothing to learn here.....just a bunch of children with one-up-manship disease. to all, get a life! good bye!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gt2nxt
wow, you guys are all nerds. who the hell really cares who has the quickest elapsed times at the dragstrip or who has the most futuristic looking exhaust pipes??? i am new to this forum and think that after reading all of your jack-*** responses i am done with it too. nothing to learn here.....just a bunch of children with one-up-manship disease. to all, get a life! good bye!
Actually, I think if you didn't care for all the quickest times and the best looks, I don't think you would have bought an E55.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:48 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
I don't even know if thats dignified with a response. Why are we talking about my E55? Damn it, all I asked was for E65 info, not for your ****ing times for your kit 2 Kleeman whatever the **** you have. And meet me at one of our meets, I gaurentte you, you might win the 1/4, but Im stopping after that- because the tables turn, friend. And, probably by the time we race, I'll have my Lorinser for my SL6, and than you can check my up-side down dual triangle exhaust.

You know, Im just curious, do you have a problem with me, or you wan't to rub your 'faster' 1/4 mile times, in my face, because Im confused? Again, why did you even brind it up?
You attacked him.

You said the E55 is outdated and falling behind and he posted personal data to refute that and you took it personally, because he happened to use a comparison which is a car you own (as an outside observer, I thought his post was well thought out and not argumentative at all). Don't go and make him the aggressor now, because it isn't how it happened.

As far as his 11.85 he has a slip with his name on it, the only better proof you're going to get is meeting him at the track.

Last edited by DRCrowder; 01-05-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, you said you had an 03' E55 which was falling behind and that the upgrade prices at Brabus were too much for you. I then point out that for $12,000 you can have that car beating 2 of the 4 you mentioned and it will hang with the other 2. I took offense to your "alleged" comment after I was only trying to help. Please forget everything I said and do a search on E65 or spend $50,000 with Brabus. Take care.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:54 AM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)

As for E55Cent, I like your idea, and I love your car Amazing rims. But, I want to wait until I get info on the E65 until possibly making a choice. Thanks for your help, and Im sure to remember it, when the time comes.

Lexani, I don't see how DerekFSU insulted you? His post reads innocent to me. Seems he was merely reaffirming your great choice in an E55.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally Posted by Teck
There will be an E65 but I can't tell you exactly when! Probably next year...
I spied some gweedo with a new E55 rebadged as an E65. Even had the Bi-Turbo side markers.. lol..
Old 01-05-2005, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
GT2NXT AT THE GOLF FORUM

"all you guys talk about is improving your game and what clubs will get you the lowest score, you are all childish"

GT2NXT AT THE HOME IMPROVMENT FORUM

"all you guys talk about is what is how to improve your home to make it look a tick better than the neighbors, you are all childish"

GT2NXT AT THE GYM FORUM

"all you guys do is share tips on how to improve your bodies to look buff, you are all childish"

....get where I am going with this....being as kind and polite as I can in saying IT'S....A....HOBBY...FOR....MANY....OF...US.....

Yes, a near $100K (newer 211's) hobby that we enjoy. Some enjoy sailing their expensive boats, some enjoy expensive travel, some of us enjoy trying to get every drip of HP out of this awesome German automobile. Hell, some do all three. Please please don't come back with "you're not being safe and putting the public in danger", many times you will hear these guys talk of going to the local track and posting times. I don't think anyone here endorses that IDIOTIC Fast and Furious BS. Most of us if we engage at all on the street...line up next someone at a stoplight and when she turns green...gun it and see who wins. Most of time it is our car soundly pulling ahead and as the other guy sees us walk away, he lets off. The only accident I have heard on this forum is some punky 16 year old kid who rear ended one of our guys in normal traffic.

I hope you don't leave and I invite to you surf around the forum, there are guys sharing KILLER info about rims, interior and exterior problems, new model information and tire performance. There are lots of forums around, but I think this is near the top of the list. A LOT of real world knowledge here.

One last thing, trade that W210 and come to the "blown dark side" of 211...soon you'll be posting in the Kill Section.

Benz brothers...."Can I get an AMEN????" Okay, done with my coffee fueled sermon for now.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amen
Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is so spot on that I can't find any words to add.
Perhaps one of you should take him out to feel the power of 469 blown horses eh?
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
My dealership Ray Catena had a real SL65 in their showroom. They let me sit and start the beast up.
An amazing sounding car for sure.

Price tag was just over $186,000. Make sure you can get insurance on this thing if you do buy one. If I had the cash I would go for it. It is one sick car.

Best Wishes,
MBH
Old 01-06-2005, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH
My dealership Ray Catena had a real SL65 in their showroom. They let me sit and start the beast up.
An amazing sounding car for sure.

Price tag was just over $186,000. Make sure you can get insurance on this thing if you do buy one. If I had the cash I would go for it. It is one sick car.

Best Wishes,
MBH
Yeah, Laguna Niguel, down here in California has 2 black ones. Identical in every aspect- yes, that includes the 220K price tag.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E65 ////amg