Sponsored by:

Negative review of e55.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Let's just all chill! The fact is, to each your own. I prefer the E55 over the M5 (and so do most other E55 owners). The other guys like the M5 over the E55, oh well. I'm just not a big fan of the looks of the new M5, so my decision is over. Let's just let this baby die...

I hope everyone here at MBWorld has a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-24-2004, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
Let's just all chill! The fact is, to each your own. I prefer the E55 over the M5 (and so do most other E55 owners). The other guys like the M5 over the E55, oh well. I'm just not a big fan of the looks of the new M5, so my decision is over. Let's just let this baby die...

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Almost a Member!

99 Corvette, 04 BMW M3 (Wife's car), 04 Mercedes E55.
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR

...and you cant even buy an M5 now, my dealer told me they keep moving it back for two reasons: 1. safety concerns. 2. consumer complaints on both the exterior and interior appearance. He thinks they may make major changes to the entire car before we ever see it here in the US. He gave me quick demo on the I-drive and it took him 5 minutes to change the radio from FM to AM. Technology at it's finest.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by HarveyKorenzo
...and you cant even buy an M5 now, my dealer told me they keep moving it back for two reasons: 1. safety concerns. 2. consumer complaints on both the exterior and interior appearance. He thinks they may make major changes to the entire car before we ever see it here in the US. He gave me quick demo on the I-drive and it took him 5 minutes to change the radio from FM to AM. Technology at it's finest.
I hope what your dealer saying is true. I sincerely hope they'll upgrade the 2006 M5 to a NCAP 5-star instead of 4 after all the fuss. Maybe we'll luck out and even get the fog lights and auto trunk closer as an option then.

Last edited by W210; 12-25-2004 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by krispykrme
I am just laughin my *** off here in vegas watching this thread. I guess a car is super important to the owners ego.

YOu meant you r fat a ss . Why do you think anybody here having never seen you or know you cares what you do? For all I know you cant resist donuts and I dont laugh I think its a tragedy. It is my truthful opinion that there are only two things that may help you to be a happier creature----Atkins and anger management. I could laugh at you all day long but who the fok are you?
Old 12-26-2004, 02:12 AM

Well now that the thread is going off-topic and we are getting stupid truly "half baked" remarks about launch control etc... I have to say that I totally agree with marcus frost with the E55 vs the other 2 RS6,M5
Old 12-26-2004, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if u wanna hit the track and have great handling, buy something else, the E55 aint all that
Old 12-28-2004, 04:24 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by HarveyKorenzo
Your dealer is not telling the truth. M5 will be launched in US in detroit (per BMW USA People i met in person). Delivery will starting around october of 2005. (demo unit should be available by end of summer).

Unless BMWNA has changed its plan within last month. We will more than likely see M5 by end of this year in consumer hand in US. There are some changes to the E60 that is being incorporated to the US production M5 (minor E60 update as it enters 3rd model year).
Old 12-28-2004, 04:27 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by W210
I hope what your dealer saying is true. I sincerely hope they'll upgrade the 2006 M5 to a NCAP 5-star instead of 4 after all the fuss. Maybe we'll luck out and even get the fog lights and auto trunk closer as an option then.
there will be no fog light. BMW still have not yet figure out to find additional space in the front. The engine is too hot under hard driving and needs additional cooling.

Unless BMW find a way to lower the temperature. Fog is out. As far as option goes, no one knows for certain until the car is released end of this year.

From what I have heard, M5 will sticker in mid 80, most likely fully loaded will be in low to mid 90.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:28 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Belmondo
YOu meant you r fat a ss . Why do you think anybody here having never seen you or know you cares what you do? For all I know you cant resist donuts and I dont laugh I think its a tragedy. It is my truthful opinion that there are only two things that may help you to be a happier creature----Atkins and anger management. I could laugh at you all day long but who the fok are you?
so this is the best you can come up with? huh, huh,

go home and play with your playstation.

like i said, you have no on hand knowledge on inner working of M3 nor E55. So be what you do best, a toy player.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
if u wanna hit the track and have great handling, buy something else, the E55 aint all that

How many people will track their cars? Anyway, why track a 4 door luxury sedan (Dr. Chill excluded). But for the purpose which the E55 was concieved, its matchless.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:12 PM

so this is the best you can come up with? huh, huh,

go home and play with your playstation.

like i said, you have no on hand knowledge on inner working of M3 nor E55. So be what you do best, a toy player.
is this your statement, chubbs?:

"Originally Posted by krispykrme
All launch control does is simply gives you the wow effect with buring tires."

YOu may know something about donuts, but please, spare us your car analysis. I sit on "my a ss" and laugh at your "knowlege on inner workings" of anything that does not taste sweet.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:44 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by norb
How many people will track their cars? Anyway, why track a 4 door luxury sedan (Dr. Chill excluded). But for the purpose which the E55 was concieved, its matchless.
that's is agreed. however, this whole thread should have remained on topic instead of " I doubt that test drive take place".

I don't really care what other perceive if E55 is better than M5 or the other way around. People have different taste and priority. But to not repond in a good manner is poor reflection on this board.

I just got back from vegas yesterday. I am currently trying to find the magazine that has Annyson's E55 with mod developed in taiwan. ( i had it somewhere, as soon as i found it, i will post a copy of it).
Old 12-28-2004, 04:46 PM

04 E55
is this your statement, chubbs?:

All launch control does is simply gives you the wow effect with buring tires."

YOu may know something about donuts, but please, spare us your car analysis. I sit on "my a ss" and laugh at your "knowlege on inner workings" of anything that does not taste sweet.
You are a moron at its best. I said it clearly. All launch control does in BMW is simply burn the damn clutch and tires, nothing more.

Obviously you only played video game. Show me how you can launch an M3 at 4k RPM using SMG launch control without spinning your tire. OTHER WISE, GO HOME AND PLAY VIDEO GAME. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SO EVER!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:53 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
You are a moron at its best. I said it clearly. All launch control does in BMW is simply burn the damn clutch and tires, nothing more.

Obviously you only played video game. Show me how you can launch an M3 at 4k RPM using SMG launch control without spinning your tire. OTHER WISE, GO HOME AND PLAY VIDEO GAME. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SO EVER!
Launch control on my Z4, with PS2's kicks ***.....
Old 12-29-2004, 01:50 AM

Donut+ loony statements a la "wow effect"+angry/funny personal insults=krispycreme. :p
BTW "I am just laughin my *** off here in DC watching" you Huffing and Puffing here and something tells me you are sweating like a pig while doing that. THte sooner you realize you post BS and move on to
something else that benefits you personally and may change your life the happier you will be, eventually. I admit I have no idea how long that would take. Also, please look in the mirror and realize that you are but one angry man with very limited ability to change anybodys mind at least based on BS that you post. "Launch control" on your childish outbursts here definitly does not work or do you feel "wow effect" every time you say moron??
Old 12-29-2004, 07:02 PM

04 E55
Donut+ loony statements a la "wow effect"+angry/funny personal insults=krispycreme. :p
BTW "I am just laughin my *** off here in DC watching" you Huffing and Puffing here and something tells me you are sweating like a pig while doing that. THte sooner you realize you post BS and move on to
something else that benefits you personally and may change your life the happier you will be, eventually. I admit I have no idea how long that would take. Also, please look in the mirror and realize that you are but one angry man with very limited ability to change anybodys mind at least based on BS that you post. "Launch control" on your childish outbursts here definitly does not work or do you feel "wow effect" every time you say moron??

Like i said, SHOW ME THE PROOF THAT YOU OWN ANY M3 OR E55. Otherwise, my comment about you is 100% true that you are nothing but a keyboard driver.

Ourburst?? When does a valid comment about a keyboard driver like you equates to outburst?

YOU ARE CLUELESS, SIMPLY PUT. BTW, if my definition of BMW launch control is wrong, please write to both Car and Driver and motor trend and tell them that they are stupid as well.

Idiot like you are very poor reflection of this board. SIMPLE AS THAT.

BTW, i heard GT4 is out. Perhaps, you should go out and buy a copy and enjoy playing it on a tv screen.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Gran Turismo 4 JAP is out, not the NA version yet.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Gran Turismo 4 JAP is out, not the NA version yet.

TGhat is your tipical krispycreme, does not have a clue what he is talking about . He heard something somewhere and than posts that BS as a real thing. A soon as topic turns to anything other than donuts ---krispy creme ends up corrected over and over and over again by various members of this forum. Krispy cant get even video game avalability right.

Last edited by Belmondo; 12-29-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:21 PM

Like i said, SHOW ME THE PROOF THAT YOU OWN ANY M3 OR E55. Otherwise, my comment about you is 100% true that you are nothing but a keyboard driver.

Ourburst?? When does a valid comment about a keyboard driver like you equates to outburst?

YOU ARE CLUELESS, SIMPLY PUT. BTW, if my definition of BMW launch control is wrong, please write to both Car and Driver and motor trend and tell them that they are stupid as well.

Idiot like you are very poor reflection of this board. SIMPLE AS THAT.

BTW, i heard GT4 is out. Perhaps, you should go out and buy a copy and enjoy playing it on a tv screen.

Do you own M3?? DO you own E60 M5 with 7 speed SMG2 and Launch control? If not than WTF are you doing here with your :

All launch control does is simply gives you the wow effect
with buring tires." ???

If you have something to share about thiis fine product, you will not get argument from anybody :

Stay away from other topics including buying unreleased video games-- all you do is end up angry, sweating and foaming at the mouth. Stop making fat full out of your self. What is your address-- I'm willing to send you a box of krespy creme donuts as a sign of good will.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Belmondo, chill man. Keep it to the sheetmetal (or whatever cars are made of these days).

Same with the rest of yall, no personal attacks, lets keep the forum blazing with discussions on cars.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Belmondo, chill man. Keep it to the sheetmetal (or whatever cars are made of these days).

Same with the rest of yall, no personal attacks, lets keep the forum blazing with discussions on cars.
I'm chilling, I undesrstand the dude is running on high sugar. He is like unreleased E60 M5 running on 100 petrol on the dusty airfield in here.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:34 AM
Almost a Member!

wow... is it me or has mercedes benz really got down the drainer since they've merged with chrysler. What's next, an E55 AMG HEMI?

The problem with the E55 is that it's advertised to compete with the M5, yet it doesn't even come close. It's like putting a Dodge Ram SRT-10 aganist a Porsche Carrera GT. Yes, they both have V10 engines, yes they both seat 2, yes they both have 6 speed gearboxes, but they're worlds apart. I doubt the CGT owner would be happy with the RAM, and vice versa.

It's the same story here. Instead, we have someone from the M5 side giving his honest, logical impression of the car. You guys keep stating that you don't like the M5 because you have to rev the motor "like a honda." He's stating that he doesn't like the E55 because it's too soft and mushy.

Just take it for what it's worth. You guys obviously perfer the E55 over the M5, but you don't have to flame a guy for stating his opinion. From now, If you disagree with someone, just simply state that you disagree, and give counter arguments. On this entire 10 page thread, i can count all of the constructive posts on a single hand.

and Belmondo, just stop. You've read a statement too literally, and when people try to clearify it for you, you simply refuse to listen to any of their points and instead throw out a "you're fat" insult.

grow up.

This forum is meant for discussion. If you're not interested in discussing the merits of SMG launch control, then don't ruin it for everybody else. Also based on your other posts, I would recommend you take a physics class -- namely kinematics and thermodynamics, if you still don't understand the whole deal on the dusty airfield. You take things too literally and believe in straight hard numbers from magazines without analyzing what the numbers really mean.

moving back to subject.

kk:
SMG launch control does work. The problem is that it's programmed for ideal conditions, the perfect temperature for max tire traction, perfect air pressure inside the tire, the perfect wear on the tire... etc. the problem is that, 99% of the time, we're trying to launch the car with the tires worn, too cold, or overinflated, and that's where most of the problem comes in.

Also, if i remember correctly, LC does not simply dump the clutch in at 4000rpm (i think it's set for 1500rpm on US models), it actually puslates the clutch 10 times every second.

I haven't driven the DSG systems, but i've heard the main problem with those is that if you don't shift into the second engaged gear, the change time is actually a lot worst than SMG. personally i would rather with with a little jerk (you can always set SMG to shift slower for everyday driving) than having a long delay between gear changes.