Sponsored by:

ticket on christmas eve..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few...
ticket on christmas eve..

Just thought id share my somewhat humorous story to some who think so....

I am 17 and I drive an E55, yea say all you want I dont mind, my dad is a car nut, but yesterday I was driving around and my brother had to pick up my dads S600 from our warehouse and we decided to give it a little go at a stoplight since we didnt see anyone around. We went and then right as I hit only 45, yea 45, a cop pulls up right behind me and pulls me over. How is that for Christmas, he was completely unprofessional and every other word out of his mouth was profanity. Had insurance and everything ready for him but he didnt even take it, just took my license and registration and gave me a ticket for racing on a highway. The cop officially recorded it as an arrest and my court date is Jan 20. My car is awesome and up until now I havent had any close calls, two other tickets in my M3 which I previously had. The cop was a complete a** to me and since I was so young it didnt help. I am going to try to get out of it some way or the other but for what it is I thought it would be funny to share it just to let everyone have their holiday laugh...
Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can't believe that a cop was a jerk to a streetracer caught in the act and then to top it off, wrote that streetracer a ticket for racing. The nerve of these guys is unreal.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:37 PM

2013 w204 C350
Originally Posted by merc655

I am 17 and I drive an E55, yea say all you want I dont mind, my dad is a car nut, but yesterday I was driving around and my brother had to pick up my dads S600 from our warehouse and we decided to give it a little go at a stoplight since we didnt see anyone around. We went and then right as I hit only 45, yea 45, a cop pulls up right behind me and pulls me over. How is that for Christmas, he was completely unprofessional and every other word out of his mouth was profanity. Had insurance and everything ready for him but he didnt even take it, just took my license and registration and gave me a ticket for racing on a highway. The cop officially recorded it as an arrest and my court date is Jan 20. My car is awesome and up until now I havent had any close calls, two other tickets in my M3 which I previously had. The cop was a complete a** to me and since I was so young it didnt help. I am going to try to get out of it some way or the other but for what it is I thought it would be funny to share it just to let everyone have their holiday laugh...

Why would the cop record it as an arrest? Unless you are going over 100+ I didnt believe they could issue an arrest on site. Well, maybe you'll grow up a little now and realize racing is much better done on a track. I hate to say it, but it's young people like you who create that stereotype; the same reason the cop gave you a ticket, little 17yr older in his fathers car trying to be cool. If you would have lost control and killed someone you wouldnt be laughing.

Fazooley
Old 12-25-2004, 05:43 PM

'16 528i MSport
I got tickets for reason of racing. I got out of all of them when my lawyer showed up askign for proof. The cop would always say that I caught him doing X mph in X zone. The lawyer would then ask who was he racing, if he pulled the other person over for racing and gave the same citation? The cop would say no, and the case was dismissed....

This is back when I had an RSX Type-S...I hate cops...
Old 12-25-2004, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
I got tickets for reason of racing. I got out of all of them when my lawyer showed up askign for proof...I hate cops...
SO you claim to have gotten out of tickets for racing when you were admittedly racing? And you hate cops? Then I trust you have never nor will ever call one when you're in need.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:26 PM

Bently Continental GT

Last edited by DoctorXylophone; 02-26-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DoctorXylophone
stop going so hard on the kid

good luck in court
get a good lawyer
I agree with the getting a lawyer and good luck in court. What I dislike is the attitude of them doing nothing wrong. That cop who just caught them racing and who was seemingly not very polite has probably cleaned up someone's brains off the pavement after a street race.

I hope you do well with your attorney but don't think for a minute you don't deserve the attitude for getting caught doing something that kills folks. That doesn't mean I wouldn't put your daddy's SL600 in it's place if we ever met up, but I'd understand the attitude if a cop caught me.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:02 PM

a few...
well in reply to DerekFSU, your sarcasm is openly welcomed and quite funny. it was MY E55 AMG, and my brother was in my father's S600. yes, i truly realize street racing is completely wrong, and i know i was in the wrong. I put myself in danger and others around me yes, but it would be different had it been a triple digit race as far as speed, or better yet over 50 mph. but i posted this as i thought some of you might find it humorous.

And yes, i do create the stereotype of young drivers and street racing and all that...i know trust me.

Another interesting fact was how every other word out of the cops mouth was profanity, as wrong as I was and as stupid and everything else, I know professionalism and it just wasn't there. So don't burn me for things I did wrong because I obviously have the paperwork to substantiate it, I just thought I would let you all know because I thought some people might find it interesting to read.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
well in reply to DerekFSU, your sarcasm is openly welcomed and quite funny. it was MY E55 AMG, and my brother was in my father's S600. yes, i truly realize street racing is completely wrong, and i know i was in the wrong. I put myself in danger and others around me yes, but it would be different had it been a triple digit race as far as speed, or better yet over 50 mph. but i posted this as i thought some of you might find it humorous.

And yes, i do create the stereotype of young drivers and street racing and all that...i know trust me.

Another interesting fact was how every other word out of the cops mouth was profanity, as wrong as I was and as stupid and everything else, I know professionalism and it just wasn't there. So don't burn me for things I did wrong because I obviously have the paperwork to substantiate it, I just thought I would let you all know because I thought some people might find it interesting to read.
Merc655...just be careful and avoid residential areas...I've been where you are and paid the price in fines and hide out of my *** when my pops whipped my **** for being an idiot...good luck.

Secondly, I was a little older than you when I was driving a 911 Carrera to college as a freshman...I never felt or told anyone it was MY car (the chicks didn't care anyway) because I wasn't making the payments on the car or the insurance...you are lucky to have very generous parentals who must trust you a lot...appreciate it because not anyone can drive an E55 as a daily driver...

If by any chance you are making the payments on the car...I apologize and wish I had the brains at your age to be able to afford the car on my own...

I'm in Tampa...so we might see each other on I75 when I head down to Miami...Peace
Old 12-25-2004, 11:21 PM

a few...
My parents do indeed pay the insurance and car payments and I am careful in residential areas, have really watched myself over the past year. I know I am the luckiest guy alive and I wake up knowing that every day. Just this one day was horrible, everybody has them but I definitely will watch myself ten times more now that it has happened....
but on the other end. maybe I will see you amgfan running to miami sometime.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 12-26-2004, 12:22 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
As a parent I feel that it is irresponsible to buy such a powerful car for your teenager. It is not a matter of how much $$ you have. To give a teenager the keys to an E55 is to greatly increase your chances of tragedy. It is proven fact thay traffic fatalities are much greater for 16-18 year old drivers. There was just an article on cnn.com statong that many states are considering raising the driving age to 18 to protect their citizenry. What would almost any 17 year old do with a car like an E55? Part of the answer is to show off to their friends at any opportunity. Recipe for disaster with a 55.

I would not want to be on the road with a bunch of 17 year olds driving cars like the E55, and I challenge any forum member to state otherwise. I certainly would never let one of my children out with a 17 year old with an E55.

Merc655, you very well may be a great kid, responsible, get good grades, etc.,
but by nature the huge majority of 17 year old kids do not possess the maturity, responsibility, and respect for the road and others on it to drive such a powerful car. I hope you do. Don't take this as me flaming you. If I was your age and my parents bought me an E55, I would take it in a heartbeat. Yes you are very fortunate , but I hope you truly understand how easy it would be to kill yourself of others if you drive recklessly.

Enjoy your E55 safely and responsibly.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:23 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
As a parent I feel that it is irresponsible to buy such a powerful car for your teenager. It is not a matter of how much $$ you have. To give a teenager the keys to an E55 is to greatly increase your chances of tragedy. It is proven fact thay traffic fatalities are much greater for 16-18 year old drivers. There was just an article on cnn.com statong that many states are considering raising the driving age to 18 to protect their citizenry. What would almost any 17 year old do with a car like an E55? Part of the answer is to show off to their friends at any opportunity. Recipe for disaster with a 55.

I would not want to be on the road with a bunch of 17 year olds driving cars like the E55, and I challenge any forum member to state otherwise. I certainly would never let one of my children out with a 17 year old with an E55.

but by nature the huge majority of 17 year old kids do not possess the maturity, responsibility, and respect for the road and others on it to drive such a powerful car. I hope you do. Don't take this as me flaming you. If I was your age and my parents bought me an E55, I would take it in a heartbeat. Yes you are very fortunate , but I hope you truly understand how easy it would be to kill yourself or others if you drive recklessly.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:49 PM

'16 528i MSport
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
SO you claim to have gotten out of tickets for racing when you were admittedly racing? And you hate cops? Then I trust you have never nor will ever call one when you're in need.
The **** are you talking about? I said that I've gotten tickets for supposedly racing. The cops could never prove it..
Old 12-26-2004, 12:55 PM

'16 528i MSport
Originally Posted by eagleeye

but by nature the huge majority of 17 year old kids do not possess the maturity, responsibility, and respect for the road and others on it to drive such a powerful car. I hope you do. Don't take this as me flaming you. If I was your age and my parents bought me an E55, I would take it in a heartbeat. Yes you are very fortunate , but I hope you truly understand how easy it would be to kill yourself or others if you drive recklessly.

Indeed, spoken eloquently my friend.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:50 PM

2004 E55 tectite grey/charcoal
Eagleeye I agree with you 100%. The parent that would buy a 17yr old an e55 is not doing their child any favors and is inviting tragedy. There is now scientific evidence that humans have a part of their brain that does not fully mature until about age 25 in most people. That is the part of the brain that handles judgement and risk taking behaviour.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The **** are you talking about? I said that I've gotten tickets for supposedly racing. The cops could never prove it..
Sure... And just remember never to call'em when you need help since they're a**holes. You're just like the other cop haters who punk'em behind their backs but call'em as soon as you need a little help or get a little scared.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:47 PM

E55

hmmmmmm. I want to say something to you without coming across like an idiot so that you disregard it. So please read it in that tone and just think about it.

Your dad bought you the car because he obviously loves you and most importantly thinks you’re responsible. Otherwise he would never have given you a car like an E55. I don't think there are many kids your age that can handle the responsibility of a car like this. However, that doesn't mean that you can't.

Hopefully, you are not racing around on public streets with the car and this was an isolated incident. It would be much more responsible to take the car to a track. In fact, most of my friends who race on the track keep it down to the speed limit on the street because they know they have nothing to prove.

So here is my advice to you short and long term.

Tell the judge you were speeding, but realize you were wrong. Tell him you are signing up at the local track and that's where you and your friends are going to have your fun from now on. Tell the judge it was irresponsible and it will never happen again. Tell your dad what happened, if you haven't already, and ask that he goes with you to show his support.

Long term, tell anyone who wants to race you that you will meet them at the track. Bet cold hard cash if you want and tell them it is the only place to race that really counts. The street is for amateurs who don't know any better. What's cooler then an E55 that just blew through the 1/4 mile in under 12 on the track pulling up somewhere, slowly, calmly, just taking it easy before the next kill.

Most importantly, tell your dad everything and get his support and permission to do it. If he thinks enough of you to get you an E55 you should only show him the same respect. I hope this helps. I only wrote what I would want someone on the board to say to my own kid. Good luck.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:15 AM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Sure... And just remember never to call'em when you need help since they're a**holes. You're just like the other cop haters who punk'em behind their backs but call'em as soon as you need a little help or get a little scared.
I think the point is, they are doing their job. In which they should remain professional. I know I do where I work, even when I have people yelling and screaming at me. It just comes with the territory.

He can call them a ******* all he wants. Remember, they get paid to respond when he picks up that phone. They aren't doing it for free, they choose their own line of profession and choose to stick with it, the least they could do is remain professional through a routine traffic stop.

-Mike
Old 12-27-2004, 07:27 AM

'16 528i MSport
I never call em and have not needed their help for the past 11 years I've resided in the US, and yes I'm a citizen, if that can say the least.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never call em and have not needed their help for the past 11 years I've resided in the US, and yes I'm a citizen, if that can say the least.
...sure...
Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM

a few...
Well I just want to thank Rev It Up for being completely level headed about the issue. I was away during Christmas break so it really had time to sink in.
Before everyone flames me, once again I realize all that I did and I regret it. So for all of you who want to flame it go ahead, I don't mind.

But for Rev It Up, thanks for giving me good advice. This was an isolated incident because I honestly havent raced anyone because a. I know exactly what the car can do and exactly what its all about and b. there isn't anything that will keep up with it that I would encounter.
I would go to a track but there isn't any around here but that doesn't mean I race people. I just got too anxious and screwed up and got caught for it. Thanks again for respecting me and actually understanding. My father understands and he is not one of those fathers who just spoils his kids for giggles, he knows us and we know him and he knows everything that we do and he knows my brother and I appreciate everything he does for us. I didn't say everything I wanted to but I just wanted to thank you Rev It Up for actually being an all around cool guy.